Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Roundup: Jaguars' Cam Robinson (ACL) off PUP list

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 01:30 PM by knarnn.)

(08-12-2019, 12:44 PM)Upper Wrote: That knee doesn't look so sturdy to me...

https://twitter.com/JohnReid64/status/11...96513?s=19

That’s actually pretty common. His knee will do that until he strengthens the muscles surrounding the knee again. It’s why you’ll see players wear a knee brace the first few weeks back.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 03:13 PM by Caldrac.)

We're all speculating on this kid's knee and his "toughness". The kid is billed at 6'6, 320 pounds. Dancing around for a few laughs or for fun is not the same as bending, pushing and going full tilt downfield against an opposing force trying to bull through you or out finesse you while trying to dance backwards like a bear looking for a post to scratch it's [BLEEP] on depending on said opposing force's skill set.

I know people that are half this kid's size and they've blown out knees just from stepping out of a boat to plant a foot on a dock to get off it. [BLEEP] happens. It's good to see some promising hope with him being able to participate during practice though. At this point I would rather them just let them rest. Maybe let the starters play a full half in week 3 or week 4 and just shut them all down until the opener against Kansas City.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-12-2019, 03:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We're all speculating on this kid's knee and his "toughness". The kid is billed at 6'6, 320 pounds. Dancing around for a few laughs or for fun is not the same as bending, pushing and going full tilt downfield against an opposing force trying to bull through you or out finesse you while trying to dance backwards like a bear looking for a post to scratch it's [BLEEP] on depending on said opposing force's skill set.

I know people that are half this kid's size and they've blown out knees just from stepping out of a boat to plant a foot on a dock to get off it. [BLEEP] happens. It's good to see some promising hope with him being able to participate during practice though. At this point I would rather them just let them rest. Maybe let the starters play a full half in week 3 or week 4 and just shut them all down until the opener against Kansas City.
I'm not sure what to make of the chair thing or th whole change in prognosis over the last 48 hours, but I am not going to complain now that Cam is healthy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 04:51 PM by NH3.)

(08-12-2019, 01:05 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 12:44 PM)waveZ666 Wrote: What a clown...

Who?

If there is any truth to what's been floated on 1010 xl, there are clowns abound.

Namely there is supposed to be a recent video of Cam dancing on some chairs in the locker room.  If he could do that, he should be able to participate in drills...so the speculation goes.

This too is my take on Cam's abrupt return w/respect to the locker room dancing. When the video was posted and hopefully seen by the staff. 

Yeah/No!!!

Get your [BLEEP] out there on that field along/w your teammates w/your Stank Booty Self. 

LMBO.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 05:35 PM by jagshype.)

So do we know why Marrone thought Robinson wouldnt be back for another month?

Marrone seemed to tap around the question and said to ask medical and Robinson.
It just seems like Marrone and the medical/training staff just arent on the same page and this is going back to last year between Fournettes and I think Haydens injury.
Feels like too much of an information disconnect between the Head Coach, medical staff, and player

(08-12-2019, 05:31 PM)jagshype Wrote: So do we know why Marrone thought Robinson wouldnt be back for another month?

It just seems like Marrone and the medical/training staff just arent on the same page and this is going back to last year between Fournettes and I think Haydens injury.
Feels like too much of an information disconnect between the Head Coach, medical staff, and player

As long as the prognosis about Cam being ready to go is accurate. 

The last thing I waant is for him to be rushed back, only to have him re-injure it because of it.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-12-2019, 05:31 PM)jagshype Wrote: So do we know why Marrone thought Robinson wouldnt be back for another month?

It's more like the team and the fans/media have a disconnect.  Internal to the team, the Head Coach can only go by the latest information that he has/had at whatever point in time.  The injuries being reported on right now so breathlessly are probably pretty minor and of no significance.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-12-2019, 06:10 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

It's more like the team and the fans/media have a disconnect.  Internal to the team, the Head Coach can only go by the latest information that he has/had at whatever point in time.  The injuries being reported on right now so breathlessly are probably pretty minor and of no significance.

I wonder though if it is a way information is handled in house though. Like to an outsider it would make sense for Marrone to have a Slate with an internal app or list that is updated in real time. I mean as fans we are used to that via twitter and social media. But I'm not certain that is how the informational structure and such works for professional teams.

It does raise the question if the Jags should take the Bill Belichick philosophy where he just refers to everyone to the medical staff or says everyone is questionable.

(08-12-2019, 04:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 03:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: We're all speculating on this kid's knee and his "toughness". The kid is billed at 6'6, 320 pounds. Dancing around for a few laughs or for fun is not the same as bending, pushing and going full tilt downfield against an opposing force trying to bull through you or out finesse you while trying to dance backwards like a bear looking for a post to scratch it's [BLEEP] on depending on said opposing force's skill set.

I'm not sure what to make of the chair thing or th whole change in prognosis over the last 48 hours, but I am not going to complain now that Cam is healthy.

Locker room shenanigans like this are harmless and happen on every team at every level of football to some degree.

Were overthinking this, just bc hes activated from the pup doesnt mean hell be available week 1 which is what marrone said. Cam is doing his first on field work since week 2 of last season, in addition to shaking the rust off, hell have to gain confidence in the knee, go through live contact and make sure his conditioning is adequate. Thats gonna be a process of weeks, him dancing on a chair is non-sequitur were making too big a deal of it
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(08-12-2019, 11:10 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:24 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm not sure what to make of the chair thing or th whole change in prognosis over the last 48 hours, but I am not going to complain now that Cam is healthy.

Locker room shenanigans like this are harmless and happen on every team at every level of football to some degree.

Were overthinking this, just bc hes activated from the pup doesnt mean hell be available week 1 which  is what marrone said. Cam is doing his first on field work since week 2 of last season, in addition to shaking the rust off, hell have to gain confidence in the knee, go through live contact and make sure his conditioning is adequate. Thats gonna be a process of weeks, him dancing on a chair is non-sequitur were making too big a deal of it

Exactly. He'll be a little gun shy for the first few weeks where he's finally seeing live rounds come his way even after he's passed all the tests needed to officially start. 

We certainly need the big fella out there blocking Foles' blindside. Hopefully they don't force or rush him too much. It's hard for anybody to recover from a knee injury. It's especially hard for 6'6, 300+ pound monsters.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2019, 10:32 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Correct me if I'm wrong, didn't Wells fill in for like 2-3 games at LT last year after Cam went down before getting hurt himself?

If I remember correctly, our OL was still pass blocking well at that point.

Yeah Wells looked good until he was injured too.

(08-13-2019, 11:04 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah Wells looked good until he was injured too.

That's what I thought. Which I don't understand the huge doom and gloom over. Sure we want Cam ready week 1, but Wells has done the job fine before. And if Wells gets beat out for that job, it's not necessarily a bad thing.