Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If you could turn back time........

If you could turn back time, what is 1 or 2 things you wish you could have done.
I'm not talking about being with family or any of that kind of stuff, I'm talking concerts, football games, buying your dream car, etc.....

MY 2 things are

Buying a Brand new 1967 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed

And

Seeing the Ramones iin Concert
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-12-2019, 04:41 PM)The Drifter Wrote: If you could turn back time, what is 1 or 2 things you wish you could have done.
I'm not talking about being with family or any of that kind of stuff, I'm talking concerts, football games, buying your dream car, etc.....

MY 2 things are

And

Does buying Amazon at the initial IPO qualify?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(08-12-2019, 04:47 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:41 PM)The Drifter Wrote: If you could turn back time, what is 1 or 2 things you wish you could have done.

MY 2 things are

And

Does buying Amazon at the initial IPO qualify?

Wouldn't you rather go back further and start Amazon before Bezos did?

(08-12-2019, 04:55 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:47 PM)Sneakers Wrote: Does buying Amazon at the initial IPO qualify?

Wouldn't you rather go back further and start Amazon before Bezos did?

Seems like a lot of work.

MY 2 things are

And

Buying real estate earlier.

Investing in the stock market earlier.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Do we have the knowledge we have now as well as results of the lottery and sporting events?

(08-12-2019, 05:59 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 04:55 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Wouldn't you rather go back further and start Amazon before Bezos did?

Seems like a lot of work.

I was thinking the exact same thing. 

[Image: 14822186.jpg]
Buy the stocks early. Let someone else do the work. Ah ha!

I'd have said yes to one girl, and hell no to another.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2019, 09:49 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(08-12-2019, 04:41 PM)The Drifter Wrote: Buying a Brand new 1967 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed

My mom had the '69 version of that same car. Had to sell it during the late '70s gas crisis.

(08-12-2019, 06:45 PM)Jags Wrote: Do we have the knowledge we have now as well as results of the lottery and sporting events?

[Image: 11biff49449.jpg?itok=-AHYTkGR]
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

MY 2 things are

And

This is a fun question. I see a lot of friends who look back on college experiences, and friendships or professional development that formed them, and think, man, if I didn't spend so much time partying or being a dang hermit, maybe I could have gotten more out of those years than I did, but then I remember that I am not really wired that way. Being an outgoing socialite would have probably upped my anxiety to a point where I'd be an alcoholic or on so many pills that I wouldn't be who I am anyhow.

After college I stayed around campus, rather than return home and pursue a career there. That led to a marriage to someone from out of state, and soon we moved closer to her family. I've been on an island family-wise since, and I often wonder if my marriage and parenting would be any different if I had a safety net of grandparents, sisters, or other family to watch the kids while we had some adult time. Would my kids be more social, spending time with family and friends, rather than the isolationist tendencies that seem to be the norm around here?

Let's go ahead and be selfish, though.

When I was younger, and single, I would have loved to take a job that kept me mobile, allowing me to travel the country or globe and see a lot of places I'll likely never visit otherwise.

I should have learned to play music, but I've always been too afraid of failing to attempt something that requires rhythm, coordination, or practice. @So I'd have been perfect as a drummer@

I wouldn't have had that last shot of tequila...
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(08-12-2019, 09:43 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I'd have said yes to one girl, and hell no to another.

Oh man.

OH. MAN.

This one cuts deeeeeeeeeeep. Regrets are real, and I absolutely wish I could grab teenage mikey by the arms, shake him senseless and convince him to not be paralyzed by fear of rejection or failure.

(08-13-2019, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(08-12-2019, 09:43 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: I'd have said yes to one girl, and hell no to another.

Oh man.

OH. MAN.

This one cuts deeeeeeeeeeep. Regrets are real, and I absolutely wish I could grab teenage mikey by the arms, shake him senseless and convince him to not be paralyzed by fear of rejection or failure.
No means no.  Smile

As someone who believes everything happens for a reason I wouldn't change anything. Do I have regrets? Sure. Do I sometimes wish I'd made better choices when it comes to 99.9% of my life? You betcha. Do I wish I'd had better people around me when I was younger? Definitely. 

But it's all a part of who I am and all of it was for a reason- good, bad, indifferent or downright ugly. I haven't had an easy life for sure, but I don't believe our experiences are only for us, they're an education of sorts so we can help others who find themselves in similar circumstances. If you go through a devastating illness who would you rather seek advice from? Someone who has no idea of what you're going through but read about it in a book, or someone who has been there and really knows the score? 

That's just how I see things. YMMV

Saved more money before moving out.

Seen any Tool concert or show that was within the state of Florida or within three states.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-13-2019, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote:

Oh man.

OH. MAN.

Agreed. Teenaged FSG was more popular than he realized at the time, and his naturally humble and introverted personality kept him out of some really interesting events.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2019, 07:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: As someone who believes everything happens for a reason I wouldn't change anything. Do I have regrets? Sure. Do I sometimes wish I'd made better choices when it comes to 99.9% of my life? You betcha. Do I wish I'd had better people around me when I was younger? Definitely. 

But it's all a part of who I am and all of it was for a reason- good, bad, indifferent or downright ugly. I haven't had an easy life for sure, but I don't believe our experiences are only for us, they're an education of sorts so we can help others who find themselves in similar circumstances. If you go through a devastating illness who would you rather seek advice from? Someone who has no idea of what you're going through but read about it in a book, or someone who has been there and really knows the score? 

That's just how I see things. YMMV

Well said, and in spite of the regrets, I feel the same way. I refuse to deny or dismiss my past, as it is what makes my present that much more meaningful.

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2019, 12:41 PM by The Real Marty.)

Everything happens for a reason.  Everything that happens is a product of preceding events.  Including the choices you make.  You guys need to get over these regrets, because whatever happened in the past was inevitable.  You could not possibly have made other choices, because every choice you made was made for a reason.  All your choices were caused.  Maybe by your environment, your upbringing, the people around you, or your genetics.   Free will is an illusion.  So forget about regrets.  Everything that happened was inevitable.  And everything that's going to happen is inevitable, too.  You're just playing your part in this big show called "life."  But your lines are already written.

Okay, back to the thread.  I would not want to turn back time and do anything different, because I like where I am now, and I could see where if I did the tiniest thing differently in the past, things might have turned out completely differently for me now.

It's not a regret but a 'just wondering'. I'd like to have seen how far I could have gotten in baseball if I had really devoted myself. I still occasionally get people that I run into in PA when I'm visiting that ask 'how far I got'.

But hey, I was the stereotypical child of the 70's. Anti-establishment/authority, partying my [BLEEP] off, and didn't want anyone telling me what to do...including my baseball coach. I was too busy being...well...a child of the 70's.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]