Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If you could turn back time........

(08-14-2019, 01:04 PM)Rico Wrote: It's not a regret but a 'just wondering'.  I'd like to have seen how far I could have gotten in baseball if I had really devoted myself.  I still occasionally get people that I run into in PA when I'm visiting that ask 'how far I got'.  

But hey, I was the stereotypical child of the 70's.  Anti-establishment/authority, partying my [BLEEP] off, and didn't want anyone telling me what to do...including my baseball coach.  I was too busy being...well...a child of the 70's.

Not so much for me, but my parents always thought I’d make it in baseball.  I too grew up in PA.  I remember “Filling” in a roster spot for my brothers team many times.   He was four years older but I held my own just fine.   So I was kinda on 2 teams at once.  At some point in high school I decided to pursue girls.  Never did the drugs.  But I sure did the...Never mind.  If I could go back in time, I woulda forgotten baseball even earlier! Wink.  I’m already an [BLEEP].  So really the only thing I’m missing is the millions.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-14-2019, 10:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-13-2019, 09:21 AM)Mikey Wrote: Oh man.

OH. MAN.

This one cuts deeeeeeeeeeep. Regrets are real, and I absolutely wish I could grab teenage mikey by the arms, shake him senseless and convince him to not be paralyzed by fear of rejection or failure.

Agreed. Teenaged FSG was more popular than he realized at the time, and his naturally humble and introverted personality kept him out of some really interesting events.

What happened to that FSG?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(08-16-2019, 10:11 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-14-2019, 10:50 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Agreed. Teenaged FSG was more popular than he realized at the time, and his naturally humble and introverted personality kept him out of some really interesting events.

What happened to that FSG?

Life.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-13-2019, 07:04 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: As someone who believes everything happens for a reason I wouldn't change anything. Do I have regrets? Sure. Do I sometimes wish I'd made better choices when it comes to 99.9% of my life? You betcha. Do I wish I'd had better people around me when I was younger? Definitely. 

But it's all a part of who I am and all of it was for a reason- good, bad, indifferent or downright ugly. I haven't had an easy life for sure, but I don't believe our experiences are only for us, they're an education of sorts so we can help others who find themselves in similar circumstances. If you go through a devastating illness who would you rather seek advice from? Someone who has no idea of what you're going through but read about it in a book, or someone who has been there and really knows the score? 

That's just how I see things. YMMV

[Image: no-ragrets-temporary-tattoo-2663.jpg]

Learning how to play piano

I wouldn’t buy that first house in October of 2007
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Checked closer for an Adam's apple during that port visit in Singapore.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 05:38 PM by Jags.)

(08-18-2019, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Checked closer for an Adam's apple during that port visit in Singapore.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a wiener winner

(08-18-2019, 05:03 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: Checked closer for an Adam's apple during that port visit in Singapore.

At what point were you turned off?
- Bob Marley

(08-19-2019, 10:17 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

Who said he was?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(08-19-2019, 10:17 PM)rollerjag Wrote:

When payment was due.

Buy a couple hundred dollars worth of Bitcoin when I had the Coinbase app on my phone and BTC was like $2.

(08-20-2019, 07:39 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Buy a couple hundred dollars worth of Bitcoin when I had the Coinbase app on my phone and BTC was like $2.

What's that worth in real money?

(08-20-2019, 09:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 07:39 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Buy a couple hundred dollars worth of Bitcoin when I had the Coinbase app on my phone and BTC was like $2.

This has all the hallmarks of a rhetorical question.   

Oh yeah, bit coins aren’t real.   I got it now.  Never mind.

(08-20-2019, 07:00 PM)Jags Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 09:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What's that worth in real money?

This has all the hallmarks of a rhetorical question.   

Oh yeah, bit coins aren’t real.   I got it now.  Never mind.

I assume the crypto has tangible value or he wouldn't use his wayback machine to invest in it.

(08-20-2019, 09:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Currently (this morning) a single Bitcoin is trading for $9,960. So if I had purchased say 50-100 coins I'd be looking at $500k-$1m......

(08-21-2019, 10:06 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 09:33 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: What's that worth in real money?

Currently (this morning) a single Bitcoin is trading for $9,960. So if I had purchased say 50-100 coins I'd be looking at $500k-$1m......

How do you cash one of those out?

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2019, 12:18 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(08-21-2019, 11:42 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(08-21-2019, 10:06 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Currently (this morning) a single Bitcoin is trading for $9,960. So if I had purchased say 50-100 coins I'd be looking at $500k-$1m......

How do you cash one of those out?

Coinbase let's you sell through the app with direct deposit to a linked account. Essentially like using E-Trade or similar. 

They have daily withdrawal limits for tax reasons but I'm not positive what they are. I know you can purchase up to $10k direct from your bank. You can buy and sell digitally as much as you want and it's essentially in your online account as liquid funds to buy/withdraw

It's no different than any online stock/forex trading platform. Just a different product.

(08-20-2019, 07:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 10:17 PM)rollerjag Wrote: At what point were you turned off?

When payment was due.

That's usually not until after a happy ending. So what's the problem?
- Bob Marley

(08-22-2019, 09:32 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 07:35 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: When payment was due.

That's usually not until after a happy ending. So what's the problem?

An unexpected reduction in swipe and insert options?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.