Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Here it is...

Halfway through the preseason and the board is almost dead.

You guys can't seriously be working for a living  while you should be posting, right?

Laughing

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So hard to read ask the negativity over two games with guys who will be cut in two weeks.

Looking forward to Thursday, see if the chemistry we seen on the practises shows up.

Go jags

I feel pretty optimistic.

Just the way foles is throwing the football in practice, I think we have no reason but to be excited.

I think things will liven up after we get to see some of the starters play Thursday.

I am.excited for how Fournette will respond with a opportunity where the QB needs to be taien seriously. Him and armstead, rawls or blue who ever the 3rd down back will be.

Conley and chark have been blowing up in camp im excited.?

I’m ready to fast forward to week 1. As each day passes i grimace thru my daily jags Twitter feed hoping and praying no one got hurt getting off the escalator.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(08-19-2019, 04:14 PM)knarnn Wrote: I’m ready to fast forward to week 1. As each day passes i grimace thru my daily jags Twitter feed hoping and praying no one got hurt getting off the escalator.

Pretty much the same way I feel. Lets just get through Thursday's game, get the starters a couple of decent series and then bubble wrap them all for the next 2 weeks until week 1.

(08-19-2019, 03:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Halfway through the preseason and the board is almost dead.

You guys can't seriously be working for a living  while you should be posting, right?

Laughing

I feel you....I NEED SOME JAGS NEWS.  Better yet, who needs ADT security.  Deals on deals on deals...lmk
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 04:48 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-19-2019, 04:33 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 03:27 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Halfway through the preseason and the board is almost dead.

Laughing

I feel you....I NEED SOME JAGS NEWS.  Better yet, who needs ADT security.  Deals on deals on deals...lmk

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/jagu...y-in-miami

Of note...

Quote:The only projected starters to have played in the preseason so far for the Jaguars are offensive tackle Cedric Oghuehi...
Yikes!

(08-19-2019, 04:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 04:33 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I feel you....I NEED SOME JAGS NEWS.  Better yet, who needs ADT security.  Deals on deals on deals...lmk

Of note...

Quote:The only projected starters to have played in the preseason so far for the Jaguars are offensive tackle Cedric Oghuehi...
Yikes!
I'm excited to see the starters this week. Although it is against the Dolphins, so it is what it is
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

(This post was last modified: 08-19-2019, 05:06 PM by The_Franchise_QB.)

Yeah, I don't know... I still don't feel comfortable with Foles playing this Thursday with Wester and Ogbuehi as the starting tackles. Just seems to be asking for trouble, but we got nothing else to roll out.

(08-19-2019, 05:05 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Yeah, I don't know... I still don't feel comfortable with Foles playing this Thursday with Wester and Ogbuehi as the starting tackles. Just seems to be asking for trouble, but we got nothing else to roll out.

To me, at this point, why would either guy be the starting?

Unless Cam and Taylor are somehow not healthy enough to get even limited reps in a preseason game, I don't see the point.

Meanwhile, speaking of rookies starting, Marrone had this to say...

Quote:*Jaguars Head Coach Marrone said he would be willing to start drafted rookies such as linebacker Quincy Williams and tight end Josh Oliver in the regular-season opener even if they have played no preseason games. Williams (knee) and Oliver (hamstring) have missed both games. The two third-round selections were projected to play key roles, with Williams working with the starters throughout the on-field portion of the offseason program and early in camp, and Oliver also working with the first-team often during that time. “I think you’re going to put them in there if they give you the best chance to win,” Marrone said. “If they don’t perform well, then you go to Plan B and get someone else in there right away and move on from there.” Marrone added that wouldn’t be the ideal scenario. “I don’t think anyone’s OK with a guy that’s never really played before,” he said. “I think you’re always going to question what’s going to happen, what’s it going to be like … but sometimes you have to put what you feel are the best players put there.” Marrone said both players are on schedule in their rehabilitation.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/sunday-upda...4q7f1f2_iM

(08-19-2019, 03:30 PM)icey14 Wrote: So hard to read ask the negativity over two games with guys who will be cut in two weeks.

Looking forward to Thursday, see if the chemistry we seen on the practises shows up.

Go jags

The negativity has been a constant through 4 iterations of this board.  It's never going to change.  There were people who complained as we were in the midst of our early playoff runs because not every game was a blowout.  

The sky is falling if the team loses meaningless games.  

Looking forward to getting a brief glimpse of our starters on Thursday.  Get them in, get them out quickly, and they wrap them back in bubble wrap for a couple of weeks.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I am interested in seeing if they load the box if Foles can strike deep. I also can't wait to see the defense. Miami's offensive line has not been looking too good so far and with our pass rush, It may be a tough night for them. We should be able to get pressure without blitzing.

(08-19-2019, 05:31 PM)FBT Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 03:30 PM)icey14 Wrote: So hard to read ask the negativity over two games with guys who will be cut in two weeks.

Go jags

The negativity has been a constant through 4 iterations of this board.  It's never going to change.  There were people who complained as we were in the midst of our early playoff runs because not every game was a blowout.  

Looking forward to getting a brief glimpse of our starters on Thursday.  Get them in, get them out quickly, and they wrap them back in bubble wrap for a couple of weeks.

See I was actually thinking the opposite, gone are the days of Blkyn and TMD, that’s why it’s so quite around here

(08-19-2019, 05:31 PM)FBT Wrote:

Go jags

I don't necessarily object to negative analysis if it is well reasoned and reflective of fact.

Contriving an argument just to be negative is annoying as hell, just as being Stepford fans.

One thing that mystifies me is how so much can be made out of preseason games.

How’s Yannick doing

(08-19-2019, 05:26 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 05:05 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Yeah, I don't know... I still don't feel comfortable with Foles playing this Thursday with Wester and Ogbuehi as the starting tackles. Just seems to be asking for trouble, but we got nothing else to roll out.

To me, at this point, why would either guy be the starting?

Unless Cam and Taylor are somehow not healthy enough to get even limited reps in a preseason game, I don't see the point.

Meanwhile, speaking of rookies starting, Marrone had this to say...

Quote:*Jaguars Head Coach Marrone said he would be willing to start drafted rookies such as linebacker Quincy Williams and tight end Josh Oliver in the regular-season opener even if they have played no preseason games. Williams (knee) and Oliver (hamstring) have missed both games. The two third-round selections were projected to play key roles, with Williams working with the starters throughout the on-field portion of the offseason program and early in camp, and Oliver also working with the first-team often during that time. “I think you’re going to put them in there if they give you the best chance to win,” Marrone said. “If they don’t perform well, then you go to Plan B and get someone else in there right away and move on from there.” Marrone added that wouldn’t be the ideal scenario. “I don’t think anyone’s OK with a guy that’s never really played before,” he said. “I think you’re always going to question what’s going to happen, what’s it going to be like … but sometimes you have to put what you feel are the best players put there.” Marrone said both players are on schedule in their rehabilitation.
I seems like Marrone is extremely conseritive when he says players are on schedule.  It looked like Jawaan and Cam had no chance for the Miami game and he was hoping for opening day.The next day they are praticing and it looks like they will play in Thursdays game.  So I hope it turns out that Oliver and Williams will be playing in the opener.

https://www.jaguars.com/news/sunday-upda...4q7f1f2_iM

(08-19-2019, 04:45 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-19-2019, 04:33 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: I feel you....I NEED SOME JAGS NEWS.  Better yet, who needs ADT security.  Deals on deals on deals...lmk

Of note...

Yikes!

Jarrod Wilson played a little bit in the 2nd preseason game. He wasn't going to play at first (since he's a starter), but Marrone said that Wilson came to him personally and said he wanted to play. That he felt he needed the reps. I remember them talking about it right before kick off.

He wasn't out there for very long. Two series maybe? But he did get a little action.