Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump Allies Target Journalists Hostile to WH

(This post was last modified: 08-25-2019, 04:51 PM by americus 2.0.)

Story

"WASHINGTON — A loose network of conservative operatives allied with the White House is pursuing what they say will be an aggressive operation to discredit news organizations deemed hostile to President Trump by publicizing damaging information about journalists.

It is the latest step in a long-running effort by Mr. Trump and his allies to undercut the influence of legitimate news reporting. Four people familiar with the operation described how it works, asserting that it has compiled dossiers of potentially embarrassing social media posts and other public statements by hundreds of people who work at some of the country’s most prominent news organizations....."

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand the media has been absurdly relentless in their "reporting" of Trump, his family and his administration. Like- full [BLEEP] relentless. It's pretty much a witch hunt the likes of which I don't remember with any previous POTUS. So yeah, I can understand why they would want to go after these folks. 

But should they? It's not a crime to talk smack against anyone, even the POTUS, and God knows he gives them plenty of material to use against him, but to do what this article says they plan to do.... Trump allies pretty much doing to these journalists what the journalists are doing to Trump is like a [BLEEP]-for-tat childish move. You have to be smarter than your enemy, not stoop to their level. And to ruin people's lives and reputations. Granted, those folks made the choice to run their mouth and actions have consequences. 

Journalism used to be a respectable occupation that has turned into a WWE sideshow and long before Trump entered the White House. It's a damn shame we can't trust what we hear from the people who are supposed to provide factual, non-biased information. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What's good for the Goose is good for the Gander
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(08-25-2019, 04:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Story

"WASHINGTON — A loose network of conservative operatives allied with the White House is pursuing what they say will be an aggressive operation to discredit news organizations deemed hostile to President Trump by publicizing damaging information about journalists.

It is the latest step in a long-running effort by Mr. Trump and his allies to undercut the influence of legitimate news reporting. Four people familiar with the operation described how it works, asserting that it has compiled dossiers of potentially embarrassing social media posts and other public statements by hundreds of people who work at some of the country’s most prominent news organizations....."

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand the media has been absurdly relentless in their "reporting" of Trump, his family and his administration. Like- full [BLEEP] relentless. It's pretty much a witch hunt the likes of which I don't remember with any previous POTUS. So yeah, I can understand why they would want to go after these folks. 

But should they? It's not a crime to talk smack against anyone, even the POTUS, and God knows he gives them plenty of material to use against him, but to do what this article says they plan to do.... Trump allies pretty much doing to these journalists what the journalists are doing to Trump is like a [BLEEP]-for-tat childish move. You have to be smarter than your enemy, not stoop to their level. And to ruin people's lives and reputations. Granted, those folks made the choice to run their mouth and actions have consequences. 

Journalism used to be a respectable occupation that has turned into a WWE sideshow and long before Trump entered the White House. It's a damn shame we can't trust what we hear from the people who are supposed to provide factual, non-biased information. 

While I would not personally engage in it, it is a legitimate tactic.  The news media in this country operate under a false flag of neutrality and objectivity.  The vast majority of them are committed ideologues pushing forward their favored political agenda.  How I wish we had an objective press!

But since they want to be hyper-partisan hacks, it's entirely justified for them to be on the receiving end of their own tactics.  Sowing and reaping.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Such bitterness and irony from the NYT. This story is in response to one of their own editors, Wright-Piersanti, being outed as an unequivocal antisemite. When it comes to scalp hunting and unabashed bias, the NYT is the standard bearer. After all, they changed their top fold headline after a litany of whining from the left. That's top notch neutral journalism, right there. 
This story is akin to the National Enquirer challenging the claims of a UFO sighting. Give me a break.

(08-25-2019, 07:51 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 04:43 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: Story

While I would not personally engage in it, it is a legitimate tactic.  The news media in this country operate under a false flag of neutrality and objectivity.  The vast majority of them are committed ideologues pushing forward their favored political agenda.  How I wish we had an objective press!

But since they want to be hyper-partisan hacks, it's entirely justified for them to be on the receiving end of their own tactics.  Sowing and reaping.

True. I just hate this is what it's come to. I guess at times you have to stoop to the oppositions level to beat them at their own game distasteful as it is.

(08-25-2019, 11:22 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 07:51 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: While I would not personally engage in it, it is a legitimate tactic.  The news media in this country operate under a false flag of neutrality and objectivity.  The vast majority of them are committed ideologues pushing forward their favored political agenda.  How I wish we had an objective press!

True. I just hate this is what it's come to. I guess at times you have to stoop to the oppositions level to beat them at their own game distasteful as it is.

Yep, losing with dignity is still losing.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I mean... they're hypocrites if they don't welcome this.

I see the word "Journalist" is still be used freely these days.

Like Trump supporters read or listen to the news (other than State news / Fox News) anyway.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Hmm...  perhaps if stuff like this got out more some ignorant people might change their minds, do their own research and realize just how much "fake news" is put out by the MSM.  Of course, ignorant people (sheep) such as Adam2012 will not even bother reading the story and researching the facts for him(her?)self because of the source (FOX News).

Meanwhile this OP-ED at the time of this post is the headline on CNN.com.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(08-26-2019, 09:36 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I see the word "Journalist" is still be used freely these days.

It fits the current definition:

Quote:"Modern journalism is all about deciding which facts the public shouldn't know because they might badly reflect on Democrats."
- Jim Treacher

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(08-26-2019, 03:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Hmm...  perhaps if stuff like this got out more some ignorant people might change their minds, do their own research and realize just how much "fake news" is put out by the MSM.  Of course, ignorant people (sheep) such as Adam2012 will not even bother reading the story and researching the facts for him(her?)self because of the source (FOX News).

Literally no one on the Left does any research.

They talk about conservatives being blind... man, I don't trust anything I read or see from ANY source until I see that it's been totally verified by multiple sources from differing political backgrounds - because the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

The Left believes everything they're spoonfed from the media because it just reinforces the beliefs the public school system imprinted on them - republicans are bad, democrats are good.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019, 11:12 AM by Adam2012.)

(08-26-2019, 03:55 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: Hmm...  perhaps if stuff like this got out more some ignorant people might change their minds, do their own research and realize just how much "fake news" is put out by the MSM.  Of course, ignorant people (sheep) such as Adam2012 will not even bother reading the story and researching the facts for him(her?)self because of the source (FOX News).

Oh please - you need to find a new cliche. Sheep? Really? Is this 2002?

Let's see. You're saying if people don't think like you, they're sheep. So everyone should think like you - so they can be - sheep?

None of this matters anyway. I hope Donald Jr. is spending a lot of Daddy's money, because it's all going to waste.

Are you telling me that if I show you examples of right-wing "journalists", pundits, and talking heads who are sleazy and unethical, and many are, you'll no longer bow to the Orange One? But you think the left will? Hahaha. You're just the other side of the coin - both saying "If only they could see the truth like I can."

Good luck with that. But self-righteousness is a good feeling, isn't it?

(08-27-2019, 09:12 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

Literally no one on the Left does any research.

They talk about conservatives being blind... man, I don't trust anything I read or see from ANY source until I see that it's been totally verified by multiple sources from differing political backgrounds - because the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

The Left believes everything they're spoonfed from the media because it just reinforces the beliefs the public school system imprinted on them - republicans are bad, democrats are good.

lol ... you literally don't know the meaning of literally, do you?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

I'm really trying to understand what your point is.  I don't feel like I doubt either article, and I feel like I understand both of them.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-27-2019, 11:10 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:

Oh please - you need to find a new cliche. Sheep? Really? Is this 2002?

Let's see. You're saying if people don't think like you, they're sheep. So everyone should think like you - so they can be - sheep?

None of this matters anyway. I hope Donald Jr. is spending a lot of Daddy's money, because it's all going to waste.

Are you telling me that if I show you examples of right-wing "journalists", pundits, and talking heads who are sleazy and unethical, and many are, you'll no longer bow to the Orange One? But you think the left will? Hahaha. You're just the other side of the coin - both saying "If only they could see the truth like I can."

Good luck with that. But self-righteousness is a good feeling, isn't it?

(08-27-2019, 09:12 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Literally no one on the Left does any research.

lol ... you literally don't know the meaning of literally, do you?

So you do zero research.. because you didn't refute any of my points whatsoever. I know it's beyond the intellect of the sheep on the left.. but research is what you do when you want actual facts and not regurgitated opinion from morons.

(08-27-2019, 02:07 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I'm really trying to understand what your point is.  I don't feel like I doubt either article, and I feel like I understand both of them.

My point is regarding the topic of this thread.  Fake news.  The first link was an illustration of how the "news" channels don't report the facts and inject bias into a "news" story.  The second link illustrates how a MSM "news" website has an opinion piece as their "headline" posing as news.

Contrary to what some of the liberals here think, I happen to be a "news junkie" and look at news from a variety of sources and come up with my own conclusions.  I do scan The Drudge Report, FOX News, CNN, The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal every day.  During my day at my desk I listen to/watch FOX Business and every now-and-then I might flip over to MSNBC to see what they are "reporting" or featuring.

The bottom line is that I gather information from both sides and do my own research rather than spew talking points from one side or the other.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-27-2019, 07:15 PM by mikesez.)

(08-27-2019, 06:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 02:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: I'm really trying to understand what your point is.  I don't feel like I doubt either article, and I feel like I understand both of them.

My point is regarding the topic of this thread.  Fake news.  The first link was an illustration of how the "news" channels don't report the facts and inject bias into a "news" story.  The second link illustrates how a MSM "news" website has an opinion piece as their "headline" posing as news.

Contrary to what some of the liberals here think, I happen to be a "news junkie" and look at news from a variety of sources and come up with my own conclusions.  I do scan The Drudge Report, FOX News, CNN, The New York Times and the Wall Street Journal every day.  During my day at my desk I listen to/watch FOX Business and every now-and-then I might flip over to MSNBC to see what they are "reporting" or featuring.

The bottom line is that I gather information from both sides and do my own research rather than spew talking points from one side or the other.

The article from Fox makes plenty of sense. They are pointing out that Rachel Maddow is not being reasonable in her discussions of a federal judicial nominee. Everyone knows that Rachel Maddow is a pundit and not a journalist so no one should be surprised if some of her opinions are formed too quickly, and aren't based in the facts.

But the CNN article I don't really have a problem with. You say it's an opinion piece, but I see the article hinges on two facts: Trump's people gave two different explanations for why he wasn't at a certain meeting, the two explanations contradicted each other, and after looking at photographic evidence, both explanations were demonstrably false. I see that the writer goes on to speculate about what all of this means, but the headline is simply that it doesn't make sense, which it doesn't.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

If journalists report on Trump relentlessly it's because he brings it on himself, either by a Twitter barrage of [BLEEP], being a crook or incompetence. It's impossible to not report on him.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 06:11 AM by homebiscuit.)

Good ol' Larry stepped forward and presented a perfect example of why biased 'journalists' need to be held accountable. 

“This is one of the reasons that a majority of Americans have lost trust in the media. Instead of applying ethics and standards to their reporting, journalists and left-wing outlets have weaponized the media, using it to attack and harass people with little to no regard for the truth,” White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham told Fox News.

Yuuuuup.

(08-28-2019, 11:20 PM)rollerjag Wrote: If journalists report on Trump relentlessly it's because he brings it on himself, either by  a Twitter barrage of [BLEEP], being a crook or incompetence. It's impossible to not report on him.

That is 1000% true but they are relentless in every single thing about him. And they practically revel in it like pigs in mud. It's disgusting.