Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Colts season ticketholders demand refunds as Andrew Luck retires

(08-27-2019, 02:03 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(08-27-2019, 01:35 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: In my opinion people that view season tickets as an "investment" really don't have their priorities in order.  Purchasing real estate is an investment.  Purchasing season tickets is no different than purchasing a one year pass to a theme park like Disney.  It is discretionary (entertainment).

Ever here of NFL Ticket Exchange and Stub Hub.  There are currently 298 people exploring the thousand plus tickets listed on Stub Hub.  I'm a capitalist but I do keep 2 for pleasure.

Regarding the Disney analogy. there were plenty of weeks over the past 10 seasons that I swear we had Dumbo drafting our team, had Dopey coaching our team, and topped it off with Goofy playing QB.  Yes, at times, going to the Jags game was comparable to seeing a comedy act that makes people laugh and cry.    Smile

I can understand some people buying tickets hoping to "scalp" them for more than face value thinking that it's an "investment", but one must also understand and realize that any investment comes with certain risks.  Just my own opinion, but someone that buys season tickets as an "investment" isn't really a fan of the team and is pretty ignorant when it comes to investing.  Yes you might get a small short term return on your "investment", but it's just one tier above buying lottery tickets.  Any NFL team can have a ticket that is a "hot buy" and at the same time those tickets might be "garbage".

I have owned 2 season tickets and a parking pass from near the beginning.  I remember when I wasn't able to use them during the down years that I couldn't even give them away.  That would have been a very bad "investment" had I looked at season tickets that way.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colts season ticketholders demand refunds as Andrew Luck retires - by jagibelieve - 08-27-2019, 06:24 PM