Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tropical Storm Dorian

[Image: 084950_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png]

Here's a thread for storm prep and ongoing monitoring.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This really sucks. I'm going to Gatlinburg tomorrow and will be there until Monday. I hope my house doesn't flood while I'm gone. At least I have flood insurance now.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

My overwhelming sense of complacency will protect me.

[Image: 9f256fae9fb2df976e918cd99ae646c5.jpg]

Dorian on the left: Cat 5
Dorian on the right: Tropical Depression
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

This is not good. Category 3. Goodbye people.

This is going to be a real pain in the [BLEEP] for me at my "real" job.  As far as home/property preparation I'm good.  Just need to fill up the vehicles with gas before the weekend.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Places already running out of water and stuff.

Grocery store was insane already. Glad I got generator gas yesterday.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-28-2019, 02:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: This is going to be a real pain in the [BLEEP] for me at my "real" job.  As far as home/property preparation I'm good.  Just need to fill up the vehicles with gas before the weekend.

I’m in the same boat.   Been prepared for a while actually.  (In fact, I secretly hope for rough weather, not damaging, and a power outage).   But it does wreak havoc with my job as well.

yea not really worried but get gas tomorrow, was a 30 min wait in st. johns county for gas today. Fleming island Walmart was out of water. I have 55 Gallon drums of water we keep on standby in case we loose power since we run 100% on well out here. I always have canned goods, dry foods, batteries and lights on hand as well so I'll make some precautionary moves tomorrow, fill up both cars with gas and get some extra gas for the generators.

Expecting to close the shop Sunday but that's just a guess right now in wait and see mode.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(08-28-2019, 08:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [Image: 9f256fae9fb2df976e918cd99ae646c5.jpg]

Either one could kick my [BLEEP].
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Bought a couple cases of water and filled the gas tank on the way home. Got plenty of food already.

(08-29-2019, 12:12 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Bought a couple cases of water and filled the gas tank on the way home. Got plenty of food already.

I bought a case of ammo, so I appreciate you stocking up for me!  Ninja
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Thursday update, looks like Monday/Tuesday will be the worst if this plays out:

[Image: 084434_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png]

Lowe's and Home Depot may have good stock of water available if you can't find it at your usual grocery joints. You might luck out with a few gas stations too. Recommend your nearest Daily's Place or 711.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(08-29-2019, 09:37 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Lowe's and Home Depot may have good stock of water available if you can't find it at your usual grocery joints. You might luck out with a few gas stations too. Recommend your nearest Daily's Place or 711.

My neighborhood Publix manager told me they are getting three deliveries of water today so they expect to have continual supply. Tomorrow was uncertain but he said they are going to do everything they can before Monday.

(08-28-2019, 11:13 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(08-28-2019, 08:56 AM)Caldrac Wrote: [Image: 9f256fae9fb2df976e918cd99ae646c5.jpg]

Either one could kick my [BLEEP].

The Shadow. Dorian Yates is still in pretty decent shape despite all the damage he put on it during his competition years. The worst one I have seen so far is Ronnie Coleman. He can barely walk. Arnold Schwarzenegger has really taken good care of himself too. 

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 09:57 AM by Brett.)

It's moments like this when I'm thankful I live in Tennessee. Hope you all stay safe.

(08-29-2019, 12:12 AM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: Bought a couple cases of water and filled the gas tank on the way home. Got plenty of food already.

You forgot the beer?
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 01:24 PM by Jagsfan4life9/28/82.)

(08-29-2019, 10:11 AM)Sneakers Wrote:

You forgot the beer?

Well no, for some reason, stores never run out of that. Pick plenty of that up at any time, you can.

I still don't understand why folks don't invest in some water jugs. We have five or six five gallon water jugs that we keep filled and cycle through our gallon sized Pur filter container constantly. Our well water is shady hence the filter and the spare jugs are because we get hit with both hurricanes and snow storms here and I'm not waiting in line for hours for something the store ran out of. Been there done that once back in '99 and never again.  

We keep a stock of soup, ramen, protein bars, beef jerky, etc., just for emergencies and cycle through it from time to time to be sure nothing goes out of date and replenish what we use when we have an outage. The only thing I stock up on at this stage is gas and beer and several pounds of bagged ice that stays in the deep freeze and move to the fridge if it goes out. Saved us from food being ruined last year when Florence and Michael came through. We also fill Gatorade and water bottles 3/4 full with water and stick them in our freezer since a 16lb bag of ice won't fit. 

Yeah, I guess I just don't get why folks don't stay prepared. True story....last September I had major abdominal surgery just as hurricane Florence was coming for us. Other than a few last minute things, we were already completely prepared which lessened the stress a great deal, especially when my "easy surgery/24 hour stay" turned into major surgery and a four day stay.