Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Call to Action

The preseason has been a disaster. The mind games Marrone is playing with Nick Foles is legendary. Our defense cannot stop anyone and our offense cannot score. Marrone finally plays Foles last week, and after one interception and a couple of series, he yanks him. Tonights game vs. The Falcons may be one of the more important games the Jags have played in in recent memory. A loss and we finish 0-4. A win we finish 1-3 and have serious momentum heading into week ones game vs. The Chiefs. Our home opener is one we can steal as I firmly believe that the Jags are a trap game for the Chiefs as they play the Packers tonight and then play the hated Raiders the week after the Jags. That said, I seriously doubt we win unless we pick up some much needed momentum this evening.

Which brings me to, A call to Action.

Disappointing results must lead to drastic changes. I firmly believe that President Coughlin will need to consider getting Marrone some help from a coaching standpoint should we lose this game this evening. I am curious as to what the board thinks about my idea is bringing back Jack Del Rio as a co - head coach with Coach Marrone. He knows what it takes to win in Jacksonville and could shepherd Coach Marrone through this very, very important season. I am not suggesting we fire Marrone, but I am suggesting that Jack Del Rio could provide some much needed mentorship to someone whom I feel is a young and up and coming coach who just might benefit from Del Rio's knowledge, presence, and pedigree. 

I understand this idea is "outside the box" but I think it's a least worth a conversation. While I understand this is analogy I am about to use is at a different level, I want to point out that here in Omaha, the basketball program at Boystown High School tried something very similar, bringing in Paul Blomenkamp to "assist" Tom Krehbiel in his younger years as a head coach, and the results spoke for themselves. We might as well utilize Del Rio's high cerebral and erudite football knowledge  while he is currently waiting for the next high level coaching position that comes open.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-29-2019, 12:36 PM)Omaha\s Number 1JAGSFAN Wrote: The preseason has been a disaster. The mind games Marrone is playing with Nick Foles is legendary. Our defense cannot stop anyone and our offense cannot score. Marrone finally plays Foles last week, and after one interception and a couple of series, he yanks him. Tonights game vs. The Falcons may be one of the more important games the Jags have played in in recent memory. A loss and we finish 0-4. A win we finish 1-3 and have serious momentum heading into week ones game vs. The Chiefs. Our home opener is one we can steal as I firmly believe that the Jags are a trap game for the Chiefs as they play the Packers tonight and then play the hated Raiders the week after the Jags. That said, I seriously doubt we win unless we pick up some much needed momentum this evening.

Which brings me to, A call to Action.

Disappointing results must lead to drastic changes. I firmly believe that President Coughlin will need to consider getting Marrone some help from a coaching standpoint should we lose this game this evening. I am curious as to what the board thinks about my idea is bringing back Jack Del Rio as a co - head coach with Coach Marrone. He knows what it takes to win in Jacksonville and could shepherd Coach Marrone through this very, very important season. I am not suggesting we fire Marrone, but I am suggesting that Jack Del Rio could provide some much needed mentorship to someone whom I feel is a young and up and coming coach who just might benefit from Del Rio's knowledge, presence, and pedigree. 

I understand this idea is "outside the box" but I think it's a least worth a conversation. While I understand this is analogy I am about to use is at a different level, I want to point out that here in Omaha, the basketball program at Boystown High School tried something very similar, bringing in Paul Blomenkamp to "assist" Tom Krehbiel in his younger years as a head coach, and the results spoke for themselves. We might as well utilize Del Rio's high cerebral and erudite football knowledge  while he is currently waiting for the next high level coaching position that comes open.

I don't know, I think JDR and Dom Capers don't get along and we know that, with the addition of talented pass rushers who are linebacker sized like Davis Tull, we're going to need to stay in Capers' good graces.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Only if he is allowed to bring along that chunk o wood and axe. Otherwise..no. Mularkey would make more sense. His efficiency at getting them perfectly in line for the anthem being tantamount to the teams success would be reason enough.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(08-29-2019, 12:52 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Only if he is allowed to bring along that chunk o wood and axe. Otherwise..no. Mularkey would make more sense. His efficiency at getting them perfectly in line for the anthem being tantamount to the teams success would be reason enough.

But keep Mularkey away from Foles. His inability to squarely hit the ground with a clipboard might instill a bad throwing motion in our elite QB.

Del Rio as co-HC, the block of wood as co-DC, and the ax as co-OC. Superb Owl here we come!

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 02:25 PM by Jagwired.)

(08-29-2019, 12:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: But keep Mularkey away from Foles. His inability to squarely hit the ground with a clipboard might instill a bad throwing motion in our elite QB.

Whatchoo talkin bout Wiliis? Thats damn fine clipboard chunkin form.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76114e7d835a057282118e...=giphy.gif]

What the heck is this haha
No Fun

(08-29-2019, 02:23 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 12:59 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: But keep Mularkey away from Foles. His inability to squarely hit the ground with a clipboard might instill a bad throwing motion in our elite QB.

What is this? An intentional grounding clinic?

I bet Jack still has his Reebok suit.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-29-2019, 03:45 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I bet Jack still has his Reebok suit.
Jack says bull.......

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76115a5980285b4a356708...=giphy.gif]

Huh?....Am I on the right message board?
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 04:00 PM by homebiscuit.)

(08-29-2019, 03:54 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Huh?....Am I on the right message board?

Perhaps you should ask: "Am I right for this message board?"

(08-29-2019, 03:45 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: I bet Jack still has his Reebok suit.

I was going to bring that up. It was sharp looking. 

[Image: del+rio]

Del Rio is a perfect fit, having played the Chefs twice a year while coaching Oakland, with tremendous success. Actually, he was 1-5 against Kansas City, but at least he knows what NOT to do and will surely let Marrone know when things are off to a bad start.

(08-29-2019, 04:00 PM)anonymous2112 Wrote: Del Rio is a perfect fit, having played the Chefs twice a year while coaching Oakland, with tremendous success.  Actually, he was 1-5 against Kansas City, but at least he knows what NOT to do and will surely let Marrone know when things are off to a bad start.

[Image: tenor.gif]

Man, we've already won week one! Maybe his kid can come in and help Foles too...
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(08-29-2019, 03:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 02:23 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Whatchoo talkin bout Wiliis? Thats damn fine clipboard chunkin form.

What is this? An intentional grounding clinic?

That would be ruled incomplete. It's too close to the feet of the ref.

Before I officially jump on this bandwagon I need to know how good Logan Cooke is with an axe, hatchet, or other instrument that could be used in the felling of trees.

Has anybody ever see Marrone in a suit and tie? Such sartorial fauxs pas (faux pauses?) might set this franchise back further than when David Garrard showed up to a presser in a purple fedora.

If Nick doesn't get the start tonite, he may never fully develop into the franchise guy the Jags drafted him to be.

Omaha might have to change up baits.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 08-29-2019, 06:19 PM by Jags.)

(08-29-2019, 02:23 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

If you watch this frame by frame, you’ll see Mularky throws the clipboard at about a 45 degree angle.  Towards the end of the video, before the board goes off frame, you can see the clip board take a rightward and slighter angle trajectory.   Therefore, one can only conclude that there had to be TWO throwers of the clip board.

Absolutely yes