Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anybody still think Minshew will back up NF7?

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 09:30 AM by iHaunting Raven.)

(09-21-2019, 09:18 AM)Mowerguy Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 07:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As I said in another thread, I am now 100% on the Minshew hype train. I was wrong. This kid has three qualities I look for most in a QB. He has accuracy, awareness and poise. He is also a marketing genius. Talk about making the most of your opportunities! I look forward to watching him grow as a QB. It's nice to finally see a starting QB in Jacksonville that isn't constantly fumbling, throwing interceptions and missing open receivers.

And don't forget hitting his linemen in the helmets.

Bortles was 6'5 and Minshew 6'1 lol.

(09-21-2019, 09:18 AM)Mowerguy Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 07:31 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As I said in another thread, I am now 100% on the Minshew hype train. I was wrong. This kid has three qualities I look for most in a QB. He has accuracy, awareness and poise. He is also a marketing genius. Talk about making the most of your opportunities! I look forward to watching him grow as a QB. It's nice to finally see a starting QB in Jacksonville that isn't constantly fumbling, throwing interceptions and missing open receivers.

And don't forget hitting his linemen in the helmets.

Bortles was 6'5 and Minshew 6'1 lol.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2019, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [Image: 70829183_373112983591723_189052619574581...e=5DF11B1D]

WELP! He may as well get that $1,000,000.00

NH3...
"AZANE"

I'm on board, Minshew Mania is real...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Can you trade someone on IR?

(09-26-2019, 06:35 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: Can you trade someone on IR?

If you find a GM that dumb, go ahead and try.

You'll probabaly get a ham sandwich, but the bread will be moldy.

(09-26-2019, 10:22 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 06:35 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: Can you trade someone on IR?

If you find a GM that dumb, go ahead and try.

You'll probabaly get a ham sandwich, but the bread will be moldy.

Don't forget the outdated mayo and ?. If it came w/?...

NH3...
"AZANE"

(08-29-2019, 11:17 PM)NH3 Wrote: In my opinion McGough is above and beyond the talent of Minshew to say the least. I feel that McGough should be our backup and Minshew should be on the practice squad.

No TDs in four Pre-Season games. Not One.

NH3...

LOL.  This aged nicely.

Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-26-2019, 02:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(08-29-2019, 11:17 PM)NH3 Wrote: In my opinion McGough is above and beyond the talent of Minshew to say the least. I feel that McGough should be our backup and Minshew should be on the practice squad.

NH3...

LOL.  This aged nicely.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

5 TDs and 1 Fournette-Caused INT..

He good.

(09-26-2019, 02:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

NH3...

LOL.  This aged nicely.

Laughing

Don't get ahead of yourself, the aging process is still in effect. As I've reiterated, even Marrone wasn't sold on Minshew via his multiple wordings. Minshew's preseason stats speaks for itself AND his regular season stats (Thank Goodness) also speaks for itself. If you or anyone else add claims to his success, you're lieing.

Point Blank.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-26-2019, 02:29 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: 5 TDs and 1 Fournette-Caused INT..

He good.

I'm impressed to say the least. He's definitely above my initial expectations to which is a good thing. We may have drafted our long term QB. At least I hope so.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-27-2019, 07:13 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 02:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  This aged nicely.

Laughing

Don't get ahead of yourself, the aging process is still in effect. As I've reiterated, even Marrone wasn't sold on Minshew via his multiple wordings. Minshew's preseason stats speaks for itself AND his regular season stats (Thank Goodness) also speaks for itself. If you or anyone else add claims to his success, you're lieing.

Point Blank.

NH3...

I was in the exact same boat NH3. McGough looked a little better and a bit quicker. The O in preseason did nothing. To say Minshew would come in and do what he has, no one could have predicted it, especially with the Jags.

I'm loving the Minshew mania and I'm rooting for this kid with everything but I merely point people in Clevelands direction and point out a #1 pick QB.

He's def the real deal........and may lose a game or two more.....but, the Jaguars will be in it to win it.
Heck ....he even keeps his tongue in his mouth ..... Big Grin

[Image: ukbuea5gyku00mdeat7j]
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-27-2019, 12:25 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 07:13 AM)NH3 Wrote: Don't get ahead of yourself, the aging process is still in effect. As I've reiterated, even Marrone wasn't sold on Minshew via his multiple wordings. Minshew's preseason stats speaks for itself AND his regular season stats (Thank Goodness) also speaks for itself. If you or anyone else add claims to his success, you're lieing.

Point Blank.

NH3...

I was in the exact same boat NH3. McGough looked a little better and a bit quicker. The O in preseason did nothing. To say Minshew would come in and do what he has, no one could have predicted it, especially with the Jags.

I'm loving the Minshew mania and I'm rooting for this kid with everything but I merely point people in Clevelands direction and point out a #1 pick QB.

I couldn't have said this better. We all, whether we admit it or not we're in that sinking boat. I simply Love his play and how he approaches the game w/respect to his knowledge, accuracy, arm strength, etc. I was deterred by negative reports and his Pre-Season play solidified it for me BUT, his clutch play in the past few weeks has realed me back in. Again, I Pray that this/his trend continue skyward.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(09-27-2019, 07:13 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(09-26-2019, 02:26 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: LOL.  This aged nicely.

Laughing

Point Blank.

NH3...

You should really re-read the first half of this thread. There were three or four people who told you whiners that you were overreacting. Then you turn around and call them liars? When their words are etched in this very thread? Not very graceful on your part.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-28-2019, 08:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-27-2019, 07:13 AM)NH3 Wrote: Don't get ahead of yourself, the aging process is still in effect. As I've reiterated, even Marrone wasn't sold on Minshew via his multiple wordings. Minshew's preseason stats speaks for itself AND his regular season stats (Thank Goodness) also speaks for itself. If you or anyone else add claims to his success, you're lieing.

Point Blank.

NH3...

You should really re-read the first half of this thread. There were three or four people who told you whiners that you were overreacting. Then you turn around and call them liars? When their words are etched in this very thread? Not very graceful on your part.

Thank you for reference to the initial intent of this thread. First, I must say that I don't label people as "liars" as you've stated. Second, we as fans has opinions that differs from other fans and to which we'll have to agree to disagree on alot of occasions/topics and this is one of them. Calling people "Liars" on social media is not my forte. When I created this thread, I went by what I saw, watched over and over and was convinced by what I watch. We the fans had no idea that NF7 would get hit to which we had to rely on GM15.

Now let's go back to where I acknowledged that this young man can play at this level w/better talent around him. That wasn't seen nowhere in the Pre-Season and the talent was equal enough for success.

I'll gust stop here.

NH3...
"AZANE"

This thread is hilarious.

(09-29-2019, 05:33 AM)NH3 Wrote:
(09-28-2019, 08:34 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You should really re-read the first half of this thread. There were three or four people who told you whiners that you were overreacting. Then you turn around and call them liars? When their words are etched in this very thread? Not very graceful on your part.

Thank you for reference to the initial intent of this thread. First, I must say that I don't label people as "liars" as you've stated. Second, we as fans has opinions that differs from other fans and to which we'll have to agree to disagree on alot of occasions/topics and this is one of them. Calling people "Liars" on social media is not my forte. When I created this thread, I went by what I saw, watched over and over and was convinced by what I watch. We the fans had no idea that NF7 would get hit to which we had to rely on GM15.

Now let's go back to where I acknowledged that this young man can play at this level w/better talent around him. That wasn't seen nowhere in the Pre-Season and the talent was equal enough for success.

I'll gust stop here.

NH3...

There you go again. Several people went out of their way to indicate that NF7 is injury prone and the back up was going to matter. I wasn't so much one of those people, but you can't say we didn't know it when half a dozen people wouldn't stop posting about it. You're really struggling with the idea that other folks were correct in their prognostications about the QB position this season. Or are they "lieing?"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-29-2019, 08:11 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 05:33 AM)NH3 Wrote: Thank you for reference to the initial intent of this thread. First, I must say that I don't label people as "liars" as you've stated. Second, we as fans has opinions that differs from other fans and to which we'll have to agree to disagree on alot of occasions/topics and this is one of them. Calling people "Liars" on social media is not my forte. When I created this thread, I went by what I saw, watched over and over and was convinced by what I watch. We the fans had no idea that NF7 would get hit to which we had to rely on GM15.

I'll gust stop here.

NH3...

There you go again. Several people went out of their way to indicate that NF7 is injury prone and the back up was going to matter. I wasn't so much one of those people, but you can't say we didn't know it when half a dozen people wouldn't stop posting about it. You're really struggling with the idea that other folks were correct in their prognostications about the QB position this season. Or are they "lieing?"

And the Gods have it.

Nevertheless GM15 played one Hell-Of-A-Game today. Congratulations Young Man

I Appreciate It.

NH3..
"AZANE"

(09-20-2019, 09:27 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I said in many threads throughout the preseason that he was looking decent with scrubs around him and that I wanted to see him work with the 1's for [BLEEP] and grins.

He was getting lit up a lot early. But he showed a ton of toughness and accuracy while starring down the barrel of pressure in his face.

It's been three weeks. So it's very early. But it's hard not to like him already. I said earlier he has a good arm. Most people translate "Good Arm" as "He can sling it 80 yards flat footed".

When I say good arm I mean just that. He puts the ball in really good places and in tight spaces. He had good accuracy and a ton of pass attempts coming out of college last year.

It's not a surprise at all. He fell because of his size and because he played in Leach's system. But he clearly has a good understanding of the game. Again, he wants to be a coach down the road and was willing to ride the pine in Alabama just to learn from Saban.

This kid loves football. I am still waiting to see him have a bad game and see how he responds once the wind has been taken out of his sails but as long as he's helping the team win they'll rally around him just like us fans have.

It's a love/hate thing right now with this front office. If Chark and Bryan keep it up a lot more of us will be eating crow stew by Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The kid literally had the wind against him and then with his back today. He weathered a storm.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."