Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anybody still think Minshew will back up NF7?

Hard to score when your receivers drop everything on 3rd down.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sign Tebow!
[Image: giphy.gif]
(Surprisingly hard to find a ducking gif...)
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-01-2019, 02:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 02:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: C'mon man, McGough ran for his TDs, that doesn't impress anyone.

It's better than not scoring at all.

Lol, so did Minshew sleep with your mom or something? You've got it for that guy really bad.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-01-2019, 09:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 02:27 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: It's better than not scoring at all.

Lol, so did Minshew sleep with your mom or something? You've got it for that guy really bad.

With all the love you have for him, maybe you're sleeping with him.

(09-01-2019, 09:20 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(09-01-2019, 09:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Lol, so did Minshew sleep with your mom or something? You've got it for that guy really bad.

With all the love you have for him, maybe you're sleeping with him.

Love? Because I don't think he's deserving of the relentless thrashing you've been doing over a damn preseason? Hardly.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's funny that the team managed to make a no one that did nothing the big topic when the performance of the starting QB was so bad it was worth noting.

The team's got its work cut out to start the season, and if Foles plays like he did in the preseason then we're probably starting 0-3.

(09-02-2019, 07:54 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's funny that the team managed to make a no one that did nothing the big topic when the performance of the starting QB was so bad it was worth noting.

The team's got its work cut out to start the season, and if Foles plays like he did in the preseason then we're probably starting 0-3.

Yeah, those 10 passes Foles threw all preseason are a clear indication that he's awful.

(09-02-2019, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 07:54 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: It's funny that the team managed to make a no one that did nothing the big topic when the performance of the starting QB was so bad it was worth noting.

Yeah, those 10 passes Foles threw all preseason are a clear indication that he's awful.

When one is a really bad INT and the rest are checkdowns or forcing it to the same covered guy, even a hospital ball, it's worthy of note.

(09-02-2019, 02:50 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah, those 10 passes Foles threw all preseason are a clear indication that he's awful.

When one is a really bad INT and the rest are checkdowns or forcing it to the same covered guy, even a hospital ball, it's worthy of note.

The WR is supposed to fight way more on that route, Dede admitted it himself.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019, 03:57 PM by SeldomRite.)

(09-02-2019, 03:14 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 02:50 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: When one is a really bad INT and the rest are checkdowns or forcing it to the same covered guy, even a hospital ball, it's worthy of note.

The WR is supposed to fight way more on that route, Dede admitted it himself.

The throw was terrible. Sure Dede could try to play DB on it, but the fact remains Foles the a bad pass there, and it wasn't the only one. I don't know that I'd place the effort on the level of bortles when he's struggling, but considering he wasn't facing some kind of exotic scheme it was a sobering performance. I hope he plays better on Sunday.

I really wish the Jags would sign Cardale Jones.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-02-2019, 02:50 PM)SeldomRite Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 02:49 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yeah, those 10 passes Foles threw all preseason are a clear indication that he's awful.

That INT was a case of Foles trying to make the pass by putting it in a place the DB shouldn't have been able to make the play. He did. That happens sometimes in the NFL, the other players get paid too.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-02-2019, 07:07 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 02:50 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: When one is a really bad INT and the rest are checkdowns or forcing it to the same covered guy, even a hospital ball, it's worthy of note.

That INT was a case of Foles trying to make the pass by putting it in a place the DB shouldn't have been able to make the play. He did. That happens sometimes in the NFL, the other players get paid too.

NOOOOOOO THEY ALL SUCK AND MINSHEW SHOULD HAVE SCORED ON EVERY [BLEEP] POSESSION THIS [BLEEP] PRESEASON OR WE'RE DOOOOMMMMEEEEDDDDDD
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-02-2019, 07:11 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 07:07 PM)hb1148 Wrote: That INT was a case of Foles trying to make the pass by putting it in a place the DB shouldn't have been able to make the play. He did. That happens sometimes in the NFL, the other players get paid too.

NOOOOOOO THEY ALL SUCK AND MINSHEW SHOULD HAVE SCORED ON EVERY [BLEEP] POSESSION THIS [BLEEP] PRESEASON OR WE'RE DOOOOMMMMEEEEDDDDDD

Not to mention Lambo missed a FG. We obviously have a below par kicker.

(09-02-2019, 07:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-02-2019, 07:11 PM)Hard_Eight Wrote: NOOOOOOO THEY ALL SUCK AND MINSHEW SHOULD HAVE SCORED ON EVERY [BLEEP] POSESSION THIS [BLEEP] PRESEASON OR WE'RE DOOOOMMMMEEEEDDDDDD

Not to mention Lambo missed a FG. We obviously have a below par kicker.

And his punting will cost us at least 2 games this year.

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2019, 07:09 AM by RicoTx.)

Funny, all of these names mentioned are like they are some sort of huge upgrade.  They MAY be an upgrade over Minshew, but bottom line is that we're still screwed if Foles goes down.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-03-2019, 07:08 AM)Rico Wrote: Funny, all of these names mentioned are like they are some sort of huge upgrade.  They MAY be an upgrade over Minshew, but bottom line is that we're still screwed if Foles goes down.

But "I" know they're better than the guy this FO picked and they are stupid for not listening to me.

I really don't have a problem with Gardner Minshew. He was sacked 9 times on 96 pass attempts. Took several big hits in between all of that. Didn't cough the football up. Showed a lot of grit and toughness and he was forced to play with a bunch of scrubs who probably won't be on an NFL roster on opening weekend in a few days.

For a rookie he showed just enough promise to earn a job on the bench for now.

Some of the guys we had out there on this team during preseason will be fortunate to land a job in next year's XFL restart attempt though. We've had some ugly preseason performances over the years but this was by far one of the worst overall preseason performances I can think of. I expect Caldwell and Co. to be churning the free agency and practice squad wheels all season long for better depth as needed.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-03-2019, 08:43 AM)Caldrac Wrote: I really don't have a problem with Gardner Minshew. He was sacked 9 times on 96 pass attempts. Took several big hits in between all of that. Didn't cough the football up. Showed a lot of grit and toughness and he was forced to play with a bunch of scrubs who probably won't be on an NFL roster on opening weekend in a few days.

For a rookie he showed just enough promise to earn a job on the bench for now.

Some of the guys we had out there on this team during preseason will be fortunate to land a job in next year's XFL restart attempt though. We've had some ugly preseason performances over the years but this was by far one of the worst overall preseason performances I can think of. I expect Caldwell and Co. to be churning the free agency and practice squad wheels all season long for better depth as needed.

This is my take on it too. He had no turnovers if I recall playing the majority of the snaps and actually showed some awareness of the field which is something we never really saw in our previous starter. He's not the most athletically gifted QB but I bet he'd do a bit better if he had to run out there with the starters for a few series' or even a game. Would still like a backup with more experience but if we are playing our backup QB for any extended time, the season is probably over anyway.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I'm ok With Minshew, He is a winner, I think he will get better over the year.