Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2019 NFL 53 Player Transactions Cut Thread.

Hi, Jaguars fans.   Several NFL teams have started cutting and reducing their rosters to meet the final 53 immediately after their final preseason games.

https://www.nfl.com/transactions/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Brandon Marshall (LB) cut from Raiders

(08-30-2019, 12:43 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Brandon Marshall (LB) cut from Raiders

This guy is either injured or is mentally checked out. Was balling just a few years ago.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(08-30-2019, 02:41 PM)B2hibry Wrote:
(08-30-2019, 12:43 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Brandon Marshall (LB) cut from Raiders

This guy is either injured or is mentally checked out. Was balling just a few years ago.

Saw a feature on him a month or so back and he's been nicked up the last few years with nagging stuff that won't quit. Then on top of that he had a $7 million cap number in Denver so they declined his option before the Raiders signed him. Guess he's just done.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Some of our old friends have been cut : 

P Bryan Anger
WR Jaydon Mickens
LT Sam Young
QB Brandon Allen
C Luke Bowanko
LB Haynes Pullard
QB Cody Kessler
CB Tyler Patmon
RB Brandon Wilds
DE Andre Branch

Notable names :

S Su'a Cravens
LB Shane Ray
TE Luke Wilson
S George Iloka
CB Orlando Scandrick
WR Michael Floyd
C Josh LeRibeus
LB Eli Harold
CB DeShawn Shead

I’d pick up Shane Ray

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 09:48 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Shane Ray is worth a flyer.

LeSean McCoy was just cut.

I'd also be cool with bringing Bowanko back as OL depth.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 10:11 AM by PF*.)

Love the Bow Wow man. Bring him home.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Shane Ray? In lieu of who? Who's snaps is he taking?

(08-31-2019, 09:47 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Shane Ray is worth a flyer.

LeSean McCoy was just cut.

I'd also be cool with bringing Bowanko back as OL depth.

It's terrible being in such a desperate depth situation, but yeah, I agree.

(08-31-2019, 10:23 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Shane Ray? In lieu of who? Who's snaps is he taking?

Keep him at LB, at worst he's solid depth at a thin position.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 12:41 PM by Jags239.)

Cardale Jones gonna be cut by the Chargers. With Minshew struggles I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

(08-31-2019, 12:40 PM)Jags239 Wrote: Cardale Jones gonna be cut by the Chargers. With Minshew struggles I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

He’s almost as good as Napoleon’s uncle Rico.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

McCoy would be the perfect type of complimentary back to a power back like Fournette, but looks like his days are done.

https://twitter.com/christomasson/status...7313345536

Also Hoyer cut.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 06:54 PM by ATLjag.)

Haven't seen him since he was drafted, but I always liked QB Kyle Lauletta. He was cut be the G-Men.

The Bucs let go of Noah Spence. I still think that guy can play if you put in the right role and the right coach. Unfortuately, his best fit on the Jags is McCray's spot, but McCray is a ST beast. *Edit note...understand Bucs moved Spence to outside LB, but determined through significant reps that he was an absolute liability in the run game.

(08-31-2019, 05:29 PM)ATLjag Wrote: Haven't seen him since he was drafted, but I always liked QB Kyle Lauletta.   He was cut be the G-Men.  

The Bucs let go of Noah Spence.  I still think that guy can play if you put in the right role and the right coach.  Unfortuately, his best fit on the Jags is McCray's spot, but McCray is a ST beast.

Oh wow yeah we should definitely go after Lauletta.

Personally, I would make a run at OT Dan Skipper and Cole Croston. Both got cut by the Patriots and I thought they played really well when I watched them. They both would represent an upgrade over Ogbuehi. I also wouldn't mind taking a look at receivers DeMaryius Thomas, Keelan Doss and Jazz Ferguson. These guys had strong preseasons and Thomas would give us a veteran presence with size. If we want TE depth, I'd give Chris Herndon a try. I watched RB Jeremy McNichols and he had a strong preseason. I'd feel more comfortable if he was backing up Fournette and finally, we must sign one of these QB's, Hoyer, Lauletta or Sloter.