Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Win prediction?
10+
8-8
5-7
4 or less
[Show Results]

2019 Jaguars record predicition poll

I know this is hard because the jaguars preseason was a complete joke.  In my mind there is no doubt there is some good young talent on this team.  The roster is razor then though.  I think this team is in much worse shape then most when it comes to relying on depth.  The next man up approach will not work for the jaguars because behind every starter on the team it's a pretty big drop off.

I see 2 scenarios:

If the team remains healthy:  I can see a 10-11 win season and taking the division.  I think this defense is good enough to carry this team as long as the offense can be efficient and not turnover the football.

If the team suffers a major injury to any of the core players:  It's a 4-6 win season.  Houston and Tennessee are good enough to sweep this team and the outside division schedule is pretty brutal.

I'm choosing to drink the teal koolaid and predict a 10-6 record winning the afc south.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why isn’t this an option in the poll???

I think our talent is .500 baseline. If we stay pretty healthy I think we can win 9 or 10 with the Luck news and the Texans having their Lamar Miller/Clowney issues. If we have injuries along last years level we could easily pick top 10 again.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2019, 10:04 PM by Eric1.)

(08-30-2019, 09:04 PM)Upper Wrote: I think our talent is .500 baseline. If we stay pretty healthy I think we can win 9 or 10 with the Luck news and the Texans having their Lamar Miller/Clowney issues. If we have injuries along last years level we could easily pick top 10 again.

Yea... I'd say if your team loses half of it's roster to IR, picking top 10 is pretty damn likely...

We could win 10-11, but if we suffer any injuries at QB or OT, we could finish with 4 or 5 wins. It all depends on if we stay healthy in key areas.

This season's record is almost impossible to accurately predict.

Most will probably feel like it all depends on how we look week 1 vs. KC,

...get blown out and it's looking like a 4-6 win season
...stay competitive and it feels like 7-10 wins are coming
...dominate KC defensively and show an offensive pulse and we're looking at 11+

And then of course, factor in that injuries would be more crippling to this team than almost any other team in the league

My early guess is 7 wins, 9 losses.

KC = loss
HOU = loss
TEN = win
DEN = loss
CAR = loss
NO = loss
CIN = win
NYJ = win
HOU = win
IND = win
TEN = loss
TB = win
LAC = loss
OAK = loss
ATL = loss
IND = win
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

10 wins.

(08-30-2019, 08:01 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I know this is hard because the jaguars preseason was a complete joke.  In my mind there is no doubt there is some good young talent on this team.  The roster is razor then though.  I think this team is in much worse shape then most when it comes to relying on depth.  The next man up approach will not work for the jaguars because behind every starter on the team it's a pretty big drop off.

I see 2 scenarios:

If the team remains healthy:  I can see a 10-11 win season and taking the division.  I think this defense is good enough to carry this team as long as the offense can be efficient and not turnover the football.

If the team suffers a major injury to any of the core players:  It's a 4-6 win season.  Houston and Tennessee are good enough to sweep this team and the outside division schedule is pretty brutal.

I'm choosing to drink the teal koolaid and predict a 10-6 record winning the afc south.

I'm convinced we'll have one of the best if not the best defense in the NFL. All Foles has to do is play consistently and avoid turnovers and we should be a playoff team.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I am a Debbie Downer 5-7 wins this season.

Just not impressed by the offense, the defense will die on the field.

Hope I am wrong.

Without any major injury, could be a 10 wins season.

With indy going down I think 9-7, it was 8-8 prior to luck tho.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

10+ as this team is close, along with talent, I think this is going to be a great year. (Healthy of course)

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2019, 07:11 PM by Bullseye.)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...r-players/

Play the video.

Both seem to think in a best case scenario, ours is a Super Bowl team.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I think our window is 7 wins to 9 wins.

Hope I’m wrong but I don’t see more than 7 wins on the schedule
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

No more than 9 wins. I could easily see 7 or fewer as well.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

Went down the middle with 8-8, but we really need to see Foles a few games.

This is probably the before a whistle has blown optimism but I think we can fight our way to 10 wins this season. 9-7 could get us in. I would be so happy with playoffs.

This is a team built to be a Coughlin playoff, win anywhere, anyway team. Just got to get in.

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019, 06:13 PM by snowwolf776.)

all of you are wrong,all of the experts are wrong.   its time for my secreat to be revealed now.  

the season depends on 2 things this year. 1. my lucky penny(note just got it this year)    2. how much i belieave in the lucky penny.

If i 100% belieave in the lucky penny Jags are going to the super bow; if im at 25% or less belieaveing in the lucky penny,its going to be a long season. 

right now im at 36%,but that could get lower or higher before sunday gets here. 

as for the teams overall record we can't predict it until after the first game cuase our starters never played a full game,nor half.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2019, 06:45 PM by Brett.)

(09-02-2019, 06:13 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: all of you are wrong,all of the experts are wrong.   its time for my secreat to be revealed now.  

the season depends on 2 things this year. 1. my lucky penny(note just got it this year)    2. how much i belieave in the lucky penny.

If i 100% belieave in the lucky penny Jags are going to the super bow; if im at 25% or less belieaveing in the lucky penny,its going to be a long season. 

right now im at 36%,but that could get lower or higher before sunday gets here. 

as for the teams overall record we can't predict it until after the first game cuase our starters never played a full game,nor half.

I have so many questions regarding this post but don't even know where to begin. Just dig deep for belief, Wolfie.

11-5