Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Clowney to Seattle

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-31-2019, 12:16 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statu...11937?s=19

TEXANS GOT FLLLEEECCCCCED! 

They would have gotten a 3 if they’d have kept him and let him walk after the season, most likely!

Lol. They got suckier.

Dumb move is dumb.

I saw some interesting tweets...

So basically Seattle began the offseason with 4 2020 draft picks and Frank Clark and ended it with 11 picks and Clowney.

The two linebackers they traded might not of even made the 53.

Also, if Clowney decides to walk they’ll likely get a high compensation pick in return... basically zeroing out that 3rd rounder. If he decides to stay, well they got Clowney for a 3rd.

That’s some solid GM’n right there!

Nick Foles is happy

(08-31-2019, 01:33 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Nick Foles is happy

Honestly the entire AFCS, besides Houston, is happy.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 04:17 PM by Bullseye.)

(08-31-2019, 12:16 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/statu...11937?s=19

Ha!

The Texans got a handful of not even magic beans for Clowney!

I am quite happy!

(08-31-2019, 01:24 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: I saw some interesting tweets...

So basically Seattle began the offseason with 4 2020 draft picks and Frank Clark and ended it with 11 picks and Clowney.

The two linebackers they traded might not of even made the 53.

Also, if Clowney decides to walk they’ll likely get a high compensation pick in return... basically zeroing out that 3rd rounder. If he decides to stay, well they got Clowney for a 3rd.

That’s some solid GM’n right there!

Yes that was excellent work.

That's how they got to the Super Bowl in the first place.

I'm just glad they got him out of the division.

(08-31-2019, 01:33 PM)MikePete54 Wrote: Nick Foles is happy

So am I, Fournette, Marrone, etc.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 05:34 PM by Bullseye.)

Meanwhile, starting here on a Texans fourum...

The New New JaDeveon Clowney Thread

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 05:41 PM by Bullseye.)

Well, despite the ridiculous Clowney trade, the Texans got stronger offensively because of this deal

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...to-texans/

On the Texans board, I'm hearing 2 first rounders and a 2nd round pick.

Still trying to find details.

(08-31-2019, 05:39 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Well, despite the ridiculous Clowney trade, the Texans got stronger offensively because of this deal

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...to-texans/

On the Texans board, I'm hearing 2 first rounders and a 2nd round pick.

Still trying to find details.

But at what cost?!? My god lol

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1167...31204?s=19

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 06:25 PM by Bullseye.)

If the Texans don't win fast, they are in trouble.  That defense could fall off a cliff quickly.

The Texans are already headed for a rebuild, they just don't know it.

Also looks like I was right about clowney sitting until week eleven. The Texans were desperate to get anything for him.

(08-31-2019, 06:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The Texans are already headed for a rebuild, they just don't know it.

Also looks like I was right about clowney sitting until week eleven. The Texans were desperate to get anything for him.

I'm glad he's gone.

The Texans are still capable of rushing the passer.

As long as they have Watt healthy, they are a threat to get to the QB.  Mercilus us pretty good too.

But it isn't the same as what they had with Clowney in there.

They will be harder to stop on offense, but the defense does not represent as much of a nightmare for us as they have in the past.

I like our chances against them in week 2.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 09:55 PM by JagFan81.)

And they've just traded for Carlos Hyde from the Chiefs.

3 trades in one day? Panic mode?

(08-31-2019, 08:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 06:58 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: The Texans are already headed for a rebuild, they just don't know it.

I'm glad he's gone.

As long as they have Watt healthy, they are a threat to get to the QB.  Mercilus us pretty good too.

They will be harder to stop on offense, but the defense does not represent as much of a nightmare for us as they have in the past.

They got pressure quickly and made the QB get rid of it. A lot easier for DBs to play, but Clowney was an extra weapon for them and that backfield may have to cover for an extra second or two and that Texans backfield looks weak.

(08-31-2019, 09:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: And they've just traded for Carlos Hyde from the Chiefs.

(08-31-2019, 08:57 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm glad he's gone.

They got pressure quickly and made the QB get rid of it. A lot easier for DBs to play, but Clowney was an extra weapon for them and that backfield may have to cover for an extra second or two and that Texans backfield looks weak.

I wonder if they make these deals if Luck does not retire.

It gets worse

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...9-pay/amp/

Texans are paying half of his salary for the next year.

(09-01-2019, 10:18 AM)Dockerill91 Wrote: It gets worse

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...9-pay/amp/

Texans are paying half of his salary for the next year.

What?!?!

Seriously,  what is going on in Houston? If they were going all in for this year why get rid of Clowney in the first place? If it's the money,  why pay 7 million for him to play elsewhere?
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Everyone like, “what going on in Houston?”. They don’t have a GM lol

They used a 1st and 2nd rounder on T. How much more invested in the oline can you get?

(09-01-2019, 08:53 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 09:52 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: And they've just traded for Carlos Hyde from the Chiefs.

I wonder if they make these deals if Luck does not retire.

That's a really good point. I'm not so sure they do. 

They've put a lot more eggs in the O basket. And thrown away any chance of fixing it.