Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tunsil traded to Texans

Texans get LT- Laremy Tunsil from Miami for 2 First and a Second round pick.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Anyone know anything about him? I hear some Miami fans say he is overrated, others say he is great. I haven't watched him.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

As an Ole Miss Alumn, I got to watch him a lot. In college he was as dominant as they come only allowing 1 sack in 3 years.

He started off slow in the NFL but I think he has the potential to be a top 5 NFL LT...as do the Texans based on the price paid.

But this move makes their draft this year even worse and now they've killed next years draft and lost out on a 1st rounder in 2 years.

(08-31-2019, 05:44 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: Anyone know anything about him?  I hear some Miami fans say he is overrated, others say he is great.  I haven't watched him.

I know he's not worth 2 first round picks. 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1167...31204?s=19

Josh Allen is really scaring the bejeezus out of our division mates.

They also have to negotiate the new contract for him and he has a mountain of leverage, can get a massive deal. Very good player but dolphins couldnt say no to that deal. Full tanking for Miami.

Mortgaged the future fot now. Still a very bad O-line minus LT and no chance to really upgrade the next few years now. I like O’Brien as GM.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 06:21 PM by Brett.)

(08-31-2019, 05:47 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: As an Ole Miss Alumn, I got to watch him a lot. In college he was as dominant as they come only allowing 1 sack in 3 years.

He started off slow in the NFL but I think he has the potential to be a top 5 NFL LT...as do the Texans based on the price paid.

But this move makes their draft this year even worse and now they've killed next years draft and lost out on a 1st rounder in 2 years.

Wow you are an Ole Miss alum? I'm from Mississippi myself. My dad went to Mississippi State and I actually went to the same community college as Gardner Minshew, at different times though.

No GM really hosing themselves for the future with BoB feeling the heat to win now. That said, they are a pretty scary team.

(08-31-2019, 06:28 PM)Upper Wrote: No GM really hosing themselves for the future with BoB feeling the heat to win now. That said, they are a pretty scary team.

They are?

They have Watson and DHop sure

They also have:

A still bad OL
An ok RB
An aging JJ Watt
A below average secondary

The only scary part of that team is Watson/Hopkins

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 06:49 PM by Mowerguy.)

WoW! ......2 firsts and a second?
did Tunsil play when Allen Attack was at Kentuckey?
Maybe they've seen each other before.
edit - nope Tunsil was drafted in 2016 and whoa he's from Lake City! he went 13th....we got j Ramsey at 5th
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2019, 06:51 PM by ATLjag.)

Texans got a good LT, but overpaid with too much future draft capital. It makes sense if the Texans GM believes this is the year to go all in. If that is the case, it makes not signing Clowney a little strange.

(08-31-2019, 05:44 PM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: Anyone know anything about him?  I hear some Miami fans say he is overrated, others say he is great.  I haven't watched him.

He’ll be on the couch on game day eating cheetohs 

[Image: nysz89mp3zbuigo8jouc.0.jpg]

(08-31-2019, 06:19 PM)Brett Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 05:47 PM)BlueEyedJag Wrote: As an Ole Miss Alumn,  I got to watch him a lot.  In college he was as dominant as they come only allowing 1 sack in 3 years.

Wow you are an Ole Miss alum? I'm from Mississippi myself. My dad went to Mississippi State and I actually went to the same community college as Gardner Minshew, at different times though.
There is at least one more Ole Miss guy on here.

I was mad we didnt go after Minshew out of Brandon HS but Ole Miss has has a decent run of QBs.

2 firsts and 2 seconds. Ouch.

And Tunsil needs a contract, isn't that why they traded Clowney?

MIami got a lot in the trade, but they are definitely tanking for Tua. Tunsil was a very good, young LT and those don't grow on trees. Personally, I believe if you find a really good LT, you keep him. Miami might only win 1 game this year. Their O-Line without Tunsil is abysmal!

(08-31-2019, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: MIami got a lot in the trade, but they are definitely tanking for Tua. Tunsil was a very good, young LT and those don't grow on trees. Personally, I believe if you find a really good LT, you keep him. Miami might only win 1 game this year. Their O-Line without Tunsil is abysmal!

Tunsil is good, but can be had.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(08-31-2019, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 08:56 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: MIami got a lot in the trade, but they are definitely tanking for Tua. Tunsil was a very good, young LT and those don't grow on trees. Personally, I believe if you find a really good LT, you keep him. Miami might only win 1 game this year. Their O-Line without Tunsil is abysmal!

Tunsil is good, but can be had.

The kid is still improving. He's better than Robinson.

2 first rounders. Man, that's expensive.

(08-31-2019, 09:03 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(08-31-2019, 08:59 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Tunsil is good, but can be had.

The kid is still improving. He's better than Robinson.

I wonder how long it will take him to learn the blocking schemes, etc.

They announced the trade this afternoon.  He has to get to Houston, get settled, get the playbook, and be prepared to block Cameron Jordan on Sunday, then Ngakoue, Campbell and Allen the next week, then Ingram and Bosa against the Chargers the week after.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!