Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jacoby Brissett 2 year contract worth $30m

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...m-contract

Good to see it’s not just us that offers bad QB contracts..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's a good move by the Colts

It's crazy how much bad QBs get paid.

They're gearing up for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes for 2021. Perfect timing. They'll give Jacoby 2 years to prove his worth or they'll cut ties. They added Hoyer as insurance yesterday as well.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Yeahhhhhh definitely going for Trevor Lawrence.....that said, if Jacoby Brisset balls out this year, does that change the circumstances, I wonder?

We're assuming he's gonna be horrific this year, but what if the talent around him elevates his game? Not saying that'll happen, but it makes for some interesting thoughts. If I'm not mistaken, he had moments in 2017 where he had somewhat of a knack for deep passing? Or am I mistaken on that?

I hope we hit him 25 times this season.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-03-2019, 08:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They're gearing up for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes for 2021. Perfect timing. They'll give Jacoby 2 years to prove his worth or they'll cut ties. They added Hoyer as insurance yesterday as well.

They won't be bad enough for Lawrence

(09-03-2019, 01:00 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-03-2019, 08:34 AM)Caldrac Wrote: They're gearing up for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes for 2021. Perfect timing. They'll give Jacoby 2 years to prove his worth or they'll cut ties. They added Hoyer as insurance yesterday as well.

They won't be bad enough for Lawrence

By the end of this year and 2020? Anything is possible. NFL teams seemingly fall off cliffs all the time after one or two good years in a row. Including this franchise in particular. The morale in that locker room will be low all year now with Luck gone. All it takes is a few bad games in a row and they'll all lose that fire and heart to finish up games. 

I am willing to bet that they'll be in the running along with Miami for a new QB between next year and 2021.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-03-2019, 01:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(09-03-2019, 01:00 PM)JackCity Wrote: They won't be bad enough for Lawrence

By the end of this year and 2020? Anything is possible. NFL teams seemingly fall off cliffs all the time after one or two good years in a row. Including this franchise in particular. The morale in that locker room will be low all year now with Luck gone. All it takes is a few bad games in a row and they'll all lose that fire and heart to finish up games. 

I am willing to bet that they'll be in the running along with Miami for a new QB between next year and 2021.

They've a very good roster and it's quite young. Won't be close to being a top 3 worst team in the 2021. Good coaching too.  

They'll win like 7/8 games this year.

Even

I think the majority of the board is overlooking both Brissett and the Colts. 

They won't be a dumpster fire.

(09-03-2019, 10:51 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I think the majority of the board is overlooking both Brissett and the Colts. 

They won't be a dumpster fire.

Nah man, the 2017 Brissett who was on the Patriots the Friday before his first start and who had quite possibly the worst oline and coaching in the game can't possibly improve.