Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AB being AB

And we had geniuses that wanted to sign this guy.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2020, 08:56 AM by Talented Kalamari.)

(01-25-2020, 07:35 AM)Rico Wrote: And we had geniuses that wanted to sign this guy.

Guilty as charged.

He looked good in camp, man. Lol

Not one of my best takes but I’ll own it.

(01-25-2020, 07:35 AM)Rico Wrote: And we had geniuses that wanted to sign this guy.

Hes the best WR in football.  Nobody knew he was going to do all this

(01-25-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Hes the was the best WR in football.  Nobody knew he was going to do all this

FTFY. And Pittsburgh did.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-25-2020, 12:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes the was the best WR in football.  Nobody knew he was going to do all this

FTFY. And Pittsburgh did.

Yes, he still is.  And I dont think they even knew he would do all this.  When he tried ould for NO they even said he was blowing all the other receivers away and that's on the field with Micheal Thomas

(01-25-2020, 01:22 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 12:24 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: FTFY. And Pittsburgh did.

Yes, he still is.  And I dont think they even knew he would do all this.  When he tried ould for NO they even said he was blowing all the other receivers away and that's on the field with Micheal Thomas
Oh he’s still the best WR in football?

What kinda stats did he throw out last season?

(01-25-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Hes the best WR in football.  Nobody knew he was going to do all this

You have to be kidding me.

(01-26-2020, 08:23 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-25-2020, 12:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Hes the best WR in football.  Nobody knew he was going to do all this

You have to be kidding me.

Yeah, EVERYBODY with a brain saw "bat [BLEEP] crazy" written all over Antonio Brown long before this.
 Didn't stop our boy from wanting to trade Fournette and a SECOND ROUND PICK for him though. 
LOL

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1184122

(01-26-2020, 09:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 08:23 AM)Rico Wrote: You have to be kidding me.

Yeah, EVERYBODY with a brain saw "bat [BLEEP] crazy" written all over Antonio Brown long before this.
 Didn't stop our boy from wanting to trade Fournette and a SECOND ROUND PICK for him though. 
LOL

Yeah, nobody in the Raiders or Pat's organization has a brain.  Everyone knew he had some issues but nobody knew he was this messed up in the head this quick.  Hindsight 20/20 is always fun.

Yeah how many people thought AB would be out of football a year after the trade rumours with the Steelers? Almost nobody

(01-26-2020, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 09:54 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah, EVERYBODY with a brain saw "bat [BLEEP] crazy" written all over Antonio Brown long before this.
LOL

Yeah, nobody in the Raiders or Pat's organization has a brain.  Everyone knew he had some issues but nobody knew he was this messed up in the head this quick.  Hindsight 20/20 is always fun.

Two teams were willing to gamble on a guy who was a known problem because they thought they had a strong enough locker room, coaching staff and culture to outweigh his glaring problems. 

They were dead wrong. 

Just as you were dead wrong to want to give away a high pick and a productive RB in order to bring a cancer into a team that clearly DID NOT have a strong staff, locker room, or culture.

(01-26-2020, 01:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah how many people thought AB would be out of football a year after the trade rumours with the Steelers? Almost nobody

Not the least bit surprising to me.

(01-26-2020, 05:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, nobody in the Raiders or Pat's organization has a brain.  Everyone knew he had some issues but nobody knew he was this messed up in the head this quick.  Hindsight 20/20 is always fun.

Two teams were willing to gamble on a guy who was a known problem because they thought they had a strong enough locker room, coaching staff and culture to outweigh his glaring problems. 

They were dead wrong. 

Just as you were dead wrong to want to give away a high pick and a productive RB in order to bring a cancer into a team that clearly DID NOT have a strong staff, locker room, or culture.

(01-26-2020, 01:40 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yeah how many people thought AB would be out of football a year after the trade rumours with the Steelers? Almost nobody

I mean what were his incidents before the trade rumours? Beefing with Ben?

(01-26-2020, 05:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 12:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yeah, nobody in the Raiders or Pat's organization has a brain.  Everyone knew he had some issues but nobody knew he was this messed up in the head this quick.  Hindsight 20/20 is always fun.

They were dead wrong. 

Where was your posts before all this happened about how he will turn out?  There is none because you had no clue just like nobody else did.  Everyone knew he had some issues but it is much worse now, the guy had a anti suicide suit on in court and is facing a life sentence.  I'm sure you knew all that would happen along with the sexuall assault allegations.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2020, 06:12 PM by JackCity.)

Before AB was traded it was simply "Oh this dude is a big diva WR and potential locker room problem" Which progressed rapidly to all of the helmet issues and foot burn once he got to the Raiders which kinda let people know he was pretty unhinged.

The first 4 or 5 years AB was seen as someone who was freakishly devoted to the game and working

(01-26-2020, 05:32 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 05:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Two teams were willing to gamble on a guy who was a known problem because they thought they had a strong enough locker room, coaching staff and culture to outweigh his glaring problems. 

They were dead wrong. 

Where was your posts before all this happened about how he will turn out?  There is none because you had no clue just like nobody else did.  Everyone knew he had some issues but it is much worse now, the guy had a anti suicide suit on in court and is facing a life sentence.  I'm sure you knew all that would happen along with the sexuall assault allegations.

Oh, I can find you posts of me calling him a total headcase from two years ago. I thought he was certifiable ever since he did the helicopter landing on the practice field at steelers training camp and I've been vocal about it.  The stuff he's been saying in interviews since that period has been full of red flags for severe narcissism and general delusion. 

None of his current problems surprise me. I'm sorry you thought he'd be worth a player and a pick, but you were a fool to think so.

Hes sorry, he didn't mean it lol

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/02/antonio-b...hollywood/

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2020, 09:02 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-26-2020, 05:23 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 05:21 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Two teams were willing to gamble on a guy who was a known problem because they thought they had a strong enough locker room, coaching staff and culture to outweigh his glaring problems. 

They were dead wrong. 

I mean what were his incidents before the trade rumours? Beefing with Ben?

From the article:

Teammate: "This has been brewing for years."

Did I know he would go this sideways?  Probably not.  But I always said he wasn't worth the trouble.  Maybe I'm just better in tune with his issues since my in-laws are from Pittsburgh.

(02-04-2020, 09:00 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 05:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: I mean what were his incidents before the trade rumours? Beefing with Ben?

From the article:

Teammate: "This has been brewing for years."

Did I know he would go this sideways?  Probably not.  But I always said he wasn't worth the trouble.  Maybe I'm just better in tune with his issues since my in-laws are from Pittsburgh.

That's more so what I'm saying. I don't think anyone could have predicted it going this far based on everything we knew at the time

This guy has been sucking up really hard recently to get back into the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2868...hlisberger

(02-12-2020, 12:20 PM)Rico Wrote: This guy has been sucking up really hard recently to get back into the league.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2868...hlisberger

If he's ever cleared of the charges and the NFL says he's facing no suspension I would not be surprised if some team will take one last chance on this dude.

I just hope it isn't us.
We have enough dysfunction going on with this franchise