Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AB being AB

(09-05-2019, 05:45 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 05:37 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: I totally agree with this. Didn't other players who were discovered to have had it begin behaving erratically beyond any 'normal' primadonna antics? Sadly the only way to know if it is actually CTE is during autopsy. Not that anything can be done about it anyway.

I vote to do an autopsy.  We’re not losing much.  But think of the valuable info we’ll gain.

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-05-2019, 02:19 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [Image: FB-IMG-1567706068607.jpg]

Bravo!

The guy wants to be a celebrity not a football player anymore. Problem is hes only famous for playing football.

Love it! Looks like Tyrell Williams might be the #1 receiver in Oakland sooner, rather than later.

(09-05-2019, 08:33 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Bravo!

The guy wants to be a celebrity not a football player anymore. Problem is hes only famous for playing football.

Currently he's most famous for being an idiot.

(09-06-2019, 01:58 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/cecilshortsiii/statu...83776?s=21

He Has been increasingly more erratic since he took that vicious head shot from Vontaze Burfict a few years ago.

Cecil Shorts has 7 kids??

Like I said, Mayock was stupid for taking that job.

Gruden is their biggest mistake in decades, trades Mack, gets AB lol.

(09-06-2019, 09:39 AM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: Like I said, Mayock was stupid for taking that job.

Gruden is their biggest mistake in decades, trades Mack, gets AB lol.
The NFL is so much about who has the bigger ego.

Mayock was an analyst for years with people telling me he couldn't do it in real life. So he sets out to prove that he can.

Everyone wondered if Gruden still had it and he sets out to show he's still got it (albeit with 100 million dollar contract).

Now you mix in AB and his two bosses who all have massive egos, it was always going to be a disaster. There have been a lot of crazy WRs but I think AB takes the cake.

(09-06-2019, 05:59 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: Cecil Shorts has 7 kids??

Good lawd. If I still had a uterus it would have just had a seizure. What happened to people having a family, not a colony? But that's another subject altogether.

I think he's bitter that he went from Pittsburgh to Oakland. He probably wants to be traded or released out of there. Moss did similar things when he was shipped off from the Vikings and then he seemed to clean up just fine at his next two stops between New England and San Francisco I believe.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-06-2019, 12:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think he's bitter that he went from Pittsburgh to Oakland. He probably wants to be traded or released out of there. Moss did similar things when he was shipped off from the Vikings and then he seemed to clean up just fine at his next two stops between New England and San Francisco I believe.

But who on earth would take the chance it's just theatrics and not honest to God mental health issues (probably brought in by his career choice) and want to deal with the headache? No amount of talent is worth what this does to the team in the locker room and in the field not to mention the media circus.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 12:31 PM by RicoTx.)

Talk about irony...I was just at lunch and was watching Terrell Owens (of all people) comment on the AB situation.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-06-2019, 12:17 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 12:11 PM)Caldrac Wrote: I think he's bitter that he went from Pittsburgh to Oakland. He probably wants to be traded or released out of there. Moss did similar things when he was shipped off from the Vikings and then he seemed to clean up just fine at his next two stops between New England and San Francisco I believe.

But who on earth would take the chance it's just theatrics and not honest to God mental health issues (probably brought in by his career choice) and want to deal with the headache? No amount of talent is worth what this does to the team in the locker room and in the field not to mention the media circus.

Jerry Jones says hello. If Michael Vick can get a 2nd chance after what he was involved in? And after countless players that have been picked-up after domestic violence cases? Some team will take a chance on this diva. It didn't stop teams from taking chances on T.O & Moss.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 01:15 PM by Brett.)

https://twitter.com/brgridiron/status/11...2444682240

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/117...3923721223

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 10:40 AM by Rockman1966.)

What he called Mayock was a "cracker." Which, I hope you all would agree is, by definition, a derogatory racial comment.
Is Mayock suspended if he drops the N- word? Probably, he might even lose his job. No emotional apology could save him.
Which is worse, cracker or N-word. My interpretation is there are degrees of severity in the world of racial slurs. A word should either be OK for everyone to use or not OK for anybody to use. Simple, right! It's just not that simple.
Read the 1619 articles in the NYT magazine from two weeks ago. That will help provide history, context, and perspective.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 02:21 PM by RicoTx.)

And now he's un-suspended.  What a joke.  I guess they showed him.

Over/under on the number of days until the next drama?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Actually, I'm glad he's back with the Raiders. I was seriously concerned he'd be waived and end up on the Patriots this season.

Mayock would be banned from the NFL, NFLN, etc. He would never have a job again. AB said it and meant it. Sure it doesn't have the same impact as most people don't care about words, but if you are going to treat certain words as off limits the you have to include all of them.

AB should be suspended, his contract voided, and banned for the year or ever.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Double standards. Go figure.