Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another ESPN Jags article, yep you guessed it

So ESPN doing their predictions for teams scheduled. I'll just post what ESPN have predicted.

Week 1: Jaguars lose 27-24 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Chiefs (0-1)[/font]
Week 2: Jaguars win 30-25 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Texans (1-1)[/font]
Week 3: Jaguars lose 51-17 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Titans (1-2)[/font]
Week 4: Jaguars win 26-17 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Broncos(2-2)[/font]
Week 5: Jaguars win 38-14 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Panthers(3-2)[/font]
Week 6: Jaguars win 42-17 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Saints (4-2)[/font]
Week 7: Jaguars win 38-14 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Bengals(5-2)[/font]
Week 8: Jaguars lose 34-21 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Jets (5-3)[/font]
Week 9: Jaguars lose 37-22 to Texans (5-4)
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: Jaguars win 30-25 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Colts (6-4)[/font]
Week 12: Jaguars lose 23-16 to Titans (6-5)
Week 13: Jaguars lose 34-27 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Buccaneers (6-6)[/font]
Week 14: Jaguars lose 37-27 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Chargers(6-7)[/font]
Week 15: Jaguars lose 27-24 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Raiders (6-8)[/font]
Week 16: Jaguars win 34-6 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Falcons (7-8)[/font]
Week 17: Jaguars win 26-20 over Colts (8-8)

So after starting 5-2 from that first 7 games (really??!!) We then go 3-6 to miss the playoffs.

The T*tans are going to put 51 up on our D? Well put 42 up against the Saints?

Thanks ESPN, needed a laugh.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-06-2019, 10:31 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: So ESPN doing their predictions for teams scheduled. I'll just post what ESPN have predicted.

Week 1: Jaguars lose 27-24 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Chiefs (0-1)[/font]
Week 2: Jaguars win 30-25 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Texans (1-1)[/font]
Week 3: Jaguars lose 51-17 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Titans (1-2)[/font]
Week 4: Jaguars win 26-17 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Broncos(2-2)[/font]
Week 5: Jaguars win 38-14 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Panthers(3-2)[/font]
Week 6: Jaguars win 42-17 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Saints (4-2)[/font]
Week 7: Jaguars win 38-14 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Bengals(5-2)[/font]
Week 8: Jaguars lose 34-21 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Jets (5-3)[/font]
Week 9: Jaguars lose 37-22 to Texans (5-4)
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: Jaguars win 30-25 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Colts (6-4)[/font]
Week 12: Jaguars lose 23-16 to Titans (6-5)
Week 13: Jaguars lose 34-27 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Buccaneers (6-6)[/font]
Week 14: Jaguars lose 37-27 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Chargers(6-7)[/font]
Week 15: Jaguars lose 27-24 to [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Raiders (6-8)[/font]
Week 16: Jaguars win 34-6 over [font=Helvetica, sans-serif]Falcons (7-8)[/font]
Week 17: Jaguars win 26-20 over Colts (8-8)

So after starting 5-2 from that first 7 games (really??!!) We then go 3-6 to miss the playoffs.

The T*tans are going to put 51 up on our D? Well put 42 up against the Saints?

Thanks ESPN, needed a laugh.

If tenn puts up 51 this board will have a meltdown...On another note, Eugene Frerette tweeted that R. Harrison said the team Defense quit during some games during the season last year.  If that happens this year, then i can see a 51 point loss.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

they quit because Bortles sucked. I don't expect them to quit this year with a much better QB.

(09-06-2019, 10:42 AM)rocdee Wrote: they quit because Bortles sucked. I don't expect them to quit this year with a much better QB.

Let's not start this bortles' sucks excuse.  If they quit they quit.   I have about 98% confidence that almost 28 other QBs, wouldnt have had success behind our line with the injuries we had.  I also dont think they would've played better because it was a different name on the jersey and we still were losing.  Quiting is inexcusable, but if you must, proceed...
Season Tix, Section 409

(09-06-2019, 10:53 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 10:42 AM)rocdee Wrote: they quit because Bortles sucked. I don't expect them to quit this year with a much better QB.

Let's not start this bortles' sucks excuse.  If they quit they quit.   I have about 98% confidence that almost 28 other QBs, wouldnt have had success behind our line with the injuries we had.  I also dont think they would've played better because it was a different name on the jersey and we still were losing.  Quiting is inexcusable, but if you must, proceed...

I don't believe they quit but I do believe they became exhausted from constantly having to go back on the field after 3 & outs or ridiculous turnovers. Having a more consistent offense will allow the defense to play better.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 11:24 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

I'm having flashbacks

https://www.titansonline.com/video/derri...ld-vs-jags

(09-06-2019, 11:16 AM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 10:53 AM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: Let's not start this bortles' sucks excuse.  If they quit they quit.   I have about 98% confidence that almost 28 other QBs, wouldnt have had success behind our line with the injuries we had.  I also dont think they would've played better because it was a different name on the jersey and we still were losing.  Quiting is inexcusable, but if you must, proceed...

I don't believe they quit but I do believe they became exhausted from constantly having to go back on the field after 3 & outs or ridiculous turnovers. Having a more consistent offense will allow the defense to play better.

Just repeating what was quoted from the player.  It's all up to interpretation though
Season Tix, Section 409

It's not really ESPNs predictions.... It's a season long simulation.

They run the simulation 20,000 times and the one you're looking at is simulation 1,721.

There is absolutely NO WAY Tennessee scores 51 points against us. NO WAY!

(09-06-2019, 11:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There is absolutely NO WAY Tennessee scores 51 points against us. NO WAY!

They would have score a TD on 7 possessions and get a FG, Safety, or 2 point conversions to do it. That is 7 or 8 possessions out of the normal 12 per game.

The Jags would have to turn the ball over or go 3 and out a lot.

If we come out of the first 7 games at 5-2, we're going all the way baby!

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2019, 12:42 PM by RicoTx.)

(09-06-2019, 11:52 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: There is absolutely NO WAY Tennessee scores 51 points against us. NO WAY!

...against anybody for that matter.

Edit:  The tacks have never scored over 50 in a game.  The last time they did it as a franchise was 1990 when they had an actual QB in Warren Moon.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I’m genuinely surprised that at least one of our resident tack homers isn’t here crowing about this. Must have been date night at the family reunion.

They don't even know who their QB is.. laughable.

(09-06-2019, 01:09 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: They don't even know who their QB is.. laughable.

And neither one they choose is capable of hanging 50 on anyone.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

fackin' lol at the jets scoring 37 all year combined, let alone against our alphas.

(09-06-2019, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m genuinely surprised that at least one of our resident tack homers isn’t here crowing about this. Must have been date night at the family reunion.

Lol +1

Even a defense like we have get's tired playing as much as they had to last year ......blame who you will, but an offense that that more often than not
would go 3 and out or worse....turn the ball over ....well, they just wore dowwn.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-06-2019, 02:37 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 12:31 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I’m genuinely surprised that at least one of our resident tack homers isn’t here crowing about this. Must have been date night at the family reunion.

Lol +1

+2 i laughed pretty hard at this haha
I really miss that old +1 button Sad
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Ha.....ok

Defense is awesome......
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002