Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
It’s Caldwell always has been

head of the snake has to come off its his roster it’s his staff this is his mess. I don’t care about Coughlin stay or go whatever but this dumpster fire I lay at the feet of Caldwell
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Marrone is a horrible coach not the talent on the roster.....
Creator of the Website in 2001/2002

They're out of shape. They barely played during live rounds in the preseason. I was concerned with the gelling needing to happen going into the regular season.

This is not the way you start a season. Completely looks like they've mentally checked out with Foles out. They were already showing cracks before Foles went out.

The inexperience at LB and SS/FS along with a fragmented offensive line in a new system with two new faces onboard has shown it's ugly face against a Superbowl caliber roster.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-08-2019, 03:29 PM)old_man Wrote: Marrone is a horrible coach not the talent on the roster.....

Lol it’s not an either or situation. Yes Maroone is a horrible coach. Yes it’s also talent in the roster.

I certainly didn’t expect Minshew and Chark to be the highlight of my Sunday.

Disagree....Roster has talent. I will leave it there.

[Image: modistower_ext-overallfromriver_(cc-by-s...armike.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

CBS putting us out of our misery?

Everybody.... go outside and breath.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-08-2019, 03:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: head of the snake has to come off its his roster it’s his staff this is his mess. I don’t care about Coughlin stay or go whatever but this dumpster fire I lay at the feet of Caldwell

Head of the snake would be Mr. Coughlin.

(09-08-2019, 04:24 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 03:27 PM)EricC85 Wrote: head of the snake has to come off its his roster it’s his staff this is his mess. I don’t care about Coughlin stay or go whatever but this dumpster fire I lay at the feet of Caldwell

Ok.

Looks like a Coughlin run team....

(09-08-2019, 04:32 PM)old_man Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:24 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Head of the snake would be Mr. Coughlin.

Ok.

Looks like a Coughlin run team....

No idea what you're trying to say.

These same problems predate Coughlin the only connection is Caldwell. 

Caldwell broke the roster down to expansion status and spent the last 6 years building a team with no depth, no character, and staffed with a gutless leader running cupcake camps.

I thought Caldwell outranked Coughlin.

(09-08-2019, 04:35 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:24 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Head of the snake would be Mr. Coughlin.

These same problems predate Coughlin the only connection is Caldwell. 

Caldwell broke the roster down to expansion status and spent the last 6 years building a team with no depth, no character, and staffed with a gutless leader running cupcake camps.

Coughlin was put in charge in January 2017. He was the one who made Marrone the permanent head coach after the 2016 season. If you don't like Marrone, blame TC. And the mistake was compounded by also keeping Hackett and Wash.

Caldwell did well drafting Ramsey and Jack (and Ngakoue) in 2016, before TC. Ramsey and Jack were not a problem originally, that developed over time (and coaching). The 2014 draft was also very good with the exception of Bortles. Meanwhile, the draft of Fournette had TC's fingerprints all over it.

I was very critical of Caldwell originally, and I still think he needs to learn how to trade down, but as I watch the drafted players decline in ability over time I have to think that the real problem is failure to develop the picks. Caldwell is not the greatest GM, but he's not the worst either. He's still orders of magnitude better than Gene Smith.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

+1!!!!

Get rid of this old guy!!!

(09-08-2019, 04:36 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:

I thought Caldwell outranked Coughlin.

I thought Coughlin outranked Caldwell?

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-08-2019, 04:24 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:

As I've said ad nauseum, it's a 3 headed monster. Cutting off only one head at a time just means the rest of it will grow back. If we don't go with a full measure complete clean house the next time any of Coughlin/Caldwell/Marrone get axed then nothing will change.

(09-08-2019, 05:25 PM)Upper Wrote:

As I've said ad nauseum, it's a 3 headed monster. Cutting off only one head at a time just means the rest of it will grow back. If we don't go with a full measure complete clean house the next time any of Coughlin/Caldwell/Marrone get axed then nothing will change.

While I don't agree completely, it's hard to make a case for keeping any of the 3 at this point. 

I like Caldwell more than most here but he's at some glaring blunders in his time here for sure.

(09-08-2019, 05:25 PM)Upper Wrote:

If this season goes bad enough for Khan to clean house, I think he'll probably attempt to do it with Coughlin calling the shots. 

I personally wouldn't do that, but it's what I think Khan would do.