Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our Defense is a joke

No really, blown assignments, wrong angles, poor tackling and worst of all, not prepared to start the season. 

Sigh. 

We’ll get em next year
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This time of the year is bittersweet. I love that football is back, but I realize how bad my Jags suck once again after slowly forgetting all through January-August

But the roster is soooooo talented how can it be!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Despite his mouth Ramsey was destroyed and allowed 3tds.  He was out muscled and thrown off for one of them.   This defensive line allowed mahomes way too much time and they did not force Kansas City to punt once all day.   The secondary allowed guys to run wide open like it was spring practice.   The team just payed their MLB who threw a fit and got himself suspended for the game.

This defense is a complete joke
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Just means he wont get paid. Clearly having the "best" CB in football means nothing. Nobody should be upset to see him go.

He's a great player, but if the Jaguars had drafted Mahomes instead of Fournette Ramsey would look great right now because the team would always be playing from ahead.

Let him go stop wasting money on this elite defense build an offense for the love of all thing holy
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Watkins went 9 rec for 198 yards and 3 TDs.

Ramsey is the GOAT!

Are you people serious? ONE GAME against THE BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL and our now defense sucks?! STOP BEING STUPID! If the Chiefs can do this to us, they can do it to nearly EVERYONE.

This board can a joke when it wants to be.

I'm gonna get burned at the stake for this but I think the personality this defense has taken on is directly related to how Ramsey acts. I'm getting to the point that I'd be fine trading him away next year before he becomes Antonio Brown.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

It will be interesting to see if Ramsey stops barking. I mean how much crow does he need before he actually gets back to playing good ball?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Wasn't Ramsey following Hill for 2 of those TDs?

Jaguars run a zone defense, how was he responsible for Watkins all day?

(09-08-2019, 04:07 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Are you people serious? ONE GAME against THE BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL and our now defense sucks?! STOP BEING STUPID! If the Chiefs can do this to us, they can do it to nearly EVERYONE.

It isn't about the opponent.  It's about how incredibly inept they seemed.  Missed tackles galore, getting burned deep, stupid penalties.  Par for the course with last year.

The problem here is coaching. No discipline.. Moron is letting his players run the asylum..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Entire defense should feel pretty lousy after that. It was the Chiefs so we have to take into consideration. Best offense in the league last year. We have a TON of injuries that is our biggest nemesis right now. Change that record please.
No pain, no gain.

Ya, it comes down to the Coaches not having the team prepared. They were out classed 100%. This defense SUCKS!!!
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

if there were some very basic tackles made this game could have actually been winnable.

(09-08-2019, 03:57 PM)I Jaguar Warrior Wrote: Just means he wont get paid. Clearly having the "best" CB in football means nothing. Nobody should be upset to see him go.

He’d rather play for our division rival anyways. Good riddance

(09-08-2019, 04:14 PM)JaguarKick Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:07 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Are you people serious? ONE GAME against THE BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL and our now defense sucks?! STOP BEING STUPID! If the Chiefs can do this to us, they can do it to nearly EVERYONE.

It isn't about the opponent.  It's about how incredibly inept they seemed.  Missed tackles galore, getting burned deep, stupid penalties.  Par for the course with last year.

Agreed. It's the overwhelming amount of mental errors, fatigue and childish behavior that's the main concern here.

We saw this shine a few times in 2017 and last year more often than not in 2018. It's not really an easy thing to put your finger on for a pulse.

But it's in the air. It [BLEEP] stinks. The fans are not into it. The players are not into it. The wind in the sails was taken out early. But they didn't prepare at all for this opener.

This is why I can't stand how conservative this staff was during the preseason. They played protective with the starters all preseason, didnt give the starters enough snaps to shake the rust off or build a script up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."