Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our Defense is a joke

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 04:31 PM by MoJagFan.)

Short week. Defense needs to improve and tighten up for the Titans. Honestly this isn't a good match up for us the way we have played them over the past 2 years.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-15-2019, 03:22 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 03:05 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: If only our run defense had a clue, I swear they shouldn't even throw the ball they are getting 7 yards easy every first down when they run. But other than that, quite good today.

Yeah the run defense is way too soft, teams will key in on that. But I'd rather teams run the ball like that than throw for sure

True. Still it was too easy most of the time...seeing them run out of their endzone through the middle for 7-8 yards is painful.
I doubt we can play the run like that agains the Titans on Thursday, they'll be happy to exploit that. Season on the line in 4 days...today's win would have been huge.

They let a guy we cut run all over them.
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 05:01 PM by rpr52121.)

I know that Dareus played, but was he really healthy? Didn't seem to have had much of an impact in running game. Would have preferred he he had sat out and been fully healthy for Titans running game.

(09-15-2019, 04:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: They let a guy we cut run all over them.

Jags never really gave a chance. He was pretty salty about that last year and probably wanted to show them up today.

While the run defense was pretty suspect, I was very happy to see Wash play more man coverage. I thought Ramsey had a real good game, and won the matchup against Hopkins. Hopefully we continue to allow Ramsey to lock up the opponents best receiver.

Also liked how Wash called some creative blitzes. Harrison and Hayden both had sacks. Leon Jacobs and Myles Jack combined for one as well. All 3 sacks on creative blitzes, I thought that really caught the Texans off guard because we usually don't blitz like that. Very nice comeback game for Wash on this one, if he can continue to make adjustments like this... he ain't bad. It's when he plays zone coverage non stop and no blitzes. I really think O'brien was caught off guard by Wash's gameplan in this one.

(09-15-2019, 04:57 PM)Ronster Wrote: They let a guy we cut run all over them.
You’re not boycotting? Weird.

Also.... no one should say anything about the defense this week. Held the Texans to 13 points and they were on the field a ton.

Kudos to Jalen and company because they showed up today. Gardner showed up too but man the OLine and Fournette are awful.

I looked it up last time jags beat the tittians was in 2016. even the 2017 playoff jags got swept by tittians. Jags are basicly on a four game loseing streak agaiest tittians.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

When Ramsey was guarding Hopkins, Hopkins caught 4 of 7 balls for 27 yards.

You guys were saying?

(09-16-2019, 01:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: When Ramsey was guarding Hopkins, Hopkins caught 4 of 7 balls for 27 yards.

You guys were saying?

Just scrolled up to see who said Ramsey had a bad game going by your comment but all i see is a guy saying he had a good game lol.  There was one stretch of the game Watson looked to go after him almost every play.  He gave up a few first downs but also made some nice stops and battled back late to have a hell of a game.  Hopefully he can keep it up the rest of the season

(09-16-2019, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 01:50 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: When Ramsey was guarding Hopkins, Hopkins caught 4 of 7 balls for 27 yards.

You guys were saying?

Just scrolled up to see who said Ramsey had a bad game going by your comment but all i see is a guy saying he had a good game lol.  There was one stretch of the game Watson looked to go after him almost every play.  He gave up a few first downs but also made some nice stops and battled back late to have a hell of a game.  Hopefully he can keep it up the rest of the season

Dude. 

Get real. There were 8 or 9 posters trying to say Ramsey played terribly in the KC game in this thread and others. 
Or are you going to pretend that didn't happen?

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 05:55 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-16-2019, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Just scrolled up to see who said Ramsey had a bad game going by your comment but all i see is a guy saying he had a good game lol.  There was one stretch of the game Watson looked to go after him almost every play.  He gave up a few first downs but also made some nice stops and battled back late to have a hell of a game.  Hopefully he can keep it up the rest of the season

Dude. 

Get real. There were 8 or 9 posters trying to say Ramsey played terribly in the KC game in this thread and others. 

We played the Texans yesterday. The stat he posted is from the Texans game

(09-08-2019, 03:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Despite his mouth Ramsey was destroyed and allowed 3tds.  He was out muscled and thrown off for one of them.   This defensive line allowed mahomes way too much time and they did not force Kansas City to punt once all day.   The secondary allowed guys to run wide open like it was spring practice.   The team just payed their MLB who threw a fit and got himself suspended for the game.

This defense is a complete joke

(09-08-2019, 04:02 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Watkins went 9 rec for 198 yards and 3 TDs.

Ramsey is the GOAT!

(09-08-2019, 04:09 PM)Protozoa Wrote: I'm gonna get burned at the stake for this but I think the personality this defense has taken on is directly related to how Ramsey acts. I'm getting to the point that I'd be fine trading him away next year before he becomes Antonio Brown.

(09-08-2019, 04:11 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: It will be interesting to see if Ramsey stops barking. I mean how much crow does he need before he actually gets back to playing good ball?

(09-08-2019, 04:23 PM)jagman Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:09 PM)Protozoa Wrote: I'm gonna get burned at the stake for this but I think the personality this defense has taken on is directly related to how Ramsey acts. I'm getting to the point that I'd be fine trading him away next year before he becomes Antonio Brown.

I agree with you 100%  I would trade him in a heartbeat.

(09-08-2019, 04:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

I said to trade him this past off-season for a kings ransom not only based on his future demands, but it being an offensive league. 

We could have easily gotten 2 first and then some for him.

Now that he is exposed for not being very good, his trade stock is slipping.

(09-16-2019, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 05:06 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Dude. 

We played the Texans yesterday.  The stat he posted is from the Texans game

Try to keep up.

THIS thread you are posting in contains tons of Ramsey hate.  The poster was responding to all of those idiotic posts IN THIS THREAD.  It's not about which game. It's about how stupid those posts were.

Ramsey had a TD pass in his hands. And he dropped it. After he had a hissy fit with Marrone on the sideline over a missed challenge opportunity.

Two mental errors between your headcoach and one of your leaders on defense looking to get paid shortly.

This Thursday it'll be a disgruntled Ngakoue getting jealous over Allen's success mid-game and we lose on a roughing the passer call that gives them the field goal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

And now he wants to be traded.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(09-16-2019, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 03:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Despite his mouth Ramsey was destroyed and allowed 3tds.  He was out muscled and thrown off for one of them.   This defensive line allowed mahomes way too much time and they did not force Kansas City to punt once all day.   The secondary allowed guys to run wide open like it was spring practice.   The team just payed their MLB who threw a fit and got himself suspended for the game.

This defense is a complete joke

(09-08-2019, 04:02 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Watkins went 9 rec for 198 yards and 3 TDs.

Ramsey is the GOAT!

(09-08-2019, 04:11 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: It will be interesting to see if Ramsey stops barking. I mean how much crow does he need before he actually gets back to playing good ball?

(09-08-2019, 04:23 PM)jagman Wrote: I agree with you 100%  I would trade him in a heartbeat.

(09-08-2019, 04:50 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I said to trade him this past off-season for a kings ransom not only based on his future demands, but it being an offensive league. 

We could have easily gotten 2 first and then some for him.

Now that he is exposed for not being very good, his trade stock is slipping.

(09-16-2019, 05:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We played the Texans yesterday.  The stat he posted is from the Texans game

Try to keep up.

THIS thread you are posting in contains tons of Ramsey hate.  The poster was responding to all of those idiotic posts IN THIS THREAD.  It's not about which game. It's about how stupid those posts were.
He posted a stat about the Chiefs game, in which he wasnt very good.  Yesterday he played much better.  Nobody said anything bad about his game yesterday on here

(09-16-2019, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 05:58 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Try to keep up.

He posted a stat about the Chiefs game, in which he wasnt very good.  Yesterday he played much better.  Nobody said anything bad about his game yesterday on here

He was good in both games.

(09-16-2019, 06:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:38 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: He posted a stat about the Chiefs game, in which he wasnt very good.  Yesterday he played much better.  Nobody said anything bad about his game yesterday on here

He was good in both games.

No he wasnt but keep telling yourself that.  He wasnt horrible in the first game but he was far from good.  Hell you think Mocrief and Lee are good

(09-16-2019, 06:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He was good in both games.

No he wasnt but keep telling yourself that.  He wasnt horrible in the first game but he was far from good.  Hell you think Mocrief and Lee are good

He gave up 4 catches for about 25 yards and that short TD in the KC game. You can keep telling yourself he was bad all you want, but you're wrong.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-16-2019, 06:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: He was good in both games.

This is so standard for you.  You can't make a point and you try to deflect.  +1 for consistency.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 08:04 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

(09-17-2019, 07:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No he wasnt but keep telling yourself that.  He wasnt horrible in the first game but he was far from good.  Hell you think Mocrief and Lee are good

He gave up 4 catches for about 25 yards and that short TD in the KC game. You can keep telling yourself he was bad all you want, but you're wrong.

He gave up 6 catches.  in the KC game

(09-17-2019, 07:30 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 06:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: No he wasnt but keep telling yourself that.  He wasnt horrible in the first game but he was far from good.  Hell you think Mocrief and Lee are good

Like i said, he wasnt horrible but he was far from good

pff has him 5th in most targets against and 7th in most receptuons against

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/jalen-ramsey/10639