Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our Defense is a joke

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 04:22 PM by snowwolf776.)

so is the offinssive line,they let chiefs defense get to foles to  eaisly on the td pass.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Defense is inept as well as the coaching.

(09-08-2019, 04:07 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Are you people serious? ONE GAME against THE BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL and our now defense sucks?! STOP BEING STUPID! If the Chiefs can do this to us, they can do it to nearly EVERYONE.

This board can a joke when it wants to be.

I’m willing to bet  that teams that get creamed in week 1 by 20+ points normally don’t go on to win even 7-8 games that year. So it’s hardly  an overreaction.

(09-08-2019, 04:09 PM)Protozoa Wrote: I'm gonna get burned at the stake for this but I think the personality this defense has taken on is directly related to how Ramsey acts. I'm getting to the point that I'd be fine trading him away next year before he becomes Antonio Brown.

I agree with you 100%  I would trade him in a heartbeat.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 07:42 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

A Chiefs receiver was so open on one play, the commentator said "you just don't see guys 'that' open in the NFL. A clear indication of how inept Wash's scheme is.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 04:27 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

Myles Jack isn't a leader for this defense. Extending him was stupid. On top of that we just had poor technique (lousy tackling, bad angles, busted coverages) and even worse poor discipline. Team just shows up to get into a shoving match after the whistles while they get whipped up and down the field. Pretty sad.
No pain, no gain.

Just heard Marrone saying they were playing cover 4 to start the game hoping KC would be patient. That was the plan. All I was was a defense as soft as they come giving WR 10 yards cushion at the LOS and letting them run by them like they weren't even there. What a mess.

(09-08-2019, 04:23 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:07 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Are you people serious? ONE GAME against THE BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL and our now defense sucks?! STOP BEING STUPID! If the Chiefs can do this to us, they can do it to nearly EVERYONE.

This board can a joke when it wants to be.

I’m willing to bet  that teams that get creamed in week 1 by 20+ points normally don’t go on to win even 7-8 games that year. So it’s hardly  an overreaction.

The Falcons got destroyed today too.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-08-2019, 04:28 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Just heard Marrone saying they were playing cover 4 to start the game hoping KC would be patient. That was the plan. All I was was a defense as soft as they come giving WR 10 yards cushion at the LOS and letting them run by  them like they weren't even there. What a mess.

Cover 4 requires the defenders to know how to tackle.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(09-08-2019, 04:13 PM)jagboss Wrote: Jaguars run a zone defense, how was he responsible for Watkins all day?

Thank you. Its the dumb [BLEEP] coordinator. Fire Wash and Marrone. We keep playing zone coverage with very good man to man CBs

Well... they had a lot of practice reps right? So... clearly not playing any preseason games had no effect on tackling in the actual regular season.

(09-08-2019, 04:25 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Myles Jack isn't a leader for this defense. Extending him was stupid. On top of that we just had poor technique (lousy tackling, bad angles, busted coverages) and even worse poor discipline. Team just shows up to get into a shoving match after the whistles while they get whipped up and down the field. Pretty sad.

Excellent post couldn't have said it better.

(09-08-2019, 04:28 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Just heard Marrone saying they were playing cover 4 to start the game hoping KC would be patient. That was the plan. All I was was a defense as soft as they come giving WR 10 yards cushion at the LOS and letting them run by  them like they weren't even there. What a mess.

He probably threw out a bunch of "you knows" in there too. 

Marrone- "You know, playing the Chiefs you know gotta play that cover 4 you know gotta be patient out there you know got to make a play you know missing tackles and gotta make a play you know."

(09-08-2019, 04:25 PM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: Myles Jack isn't a leader for this defense. Extending him was stupid. On top of that we just had poor technique (lousy tackling, bad angles, busted coverages) and even worse poor discipline. Team just shows up to get into a shoving match after the whistles while they get whipped up and down the field. Pretty sad.

Yup not only to resign him but to do so before Yannick thus alienating Yannick.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(09-08-2019, 04:11 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: It will be interesting to see if Ramsey stops barking. I mean how much crow does he need before he actually gets back to playing good ball?

With his ego? Probably to the point of literal suffocation.

(09-08-2019, 04:12 PM)roycee Wrote: Wasn't Ramsey following Hill for 2 of those TDs?

Yes, people saying Ramsey got destroyed, or gave up all those yards and TDs are blind.

Ramsey gave up one TD to Watkins late in the game and Watkins clearly pushed off.

(09-08-2019, 04:46 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:12 PM)roycee Wrote: Wasn't Ramsey following Hill for 2 of those TDs?

Yes, people saying Ramsey got destroyed, or gave up all those yards and TDs are blind.

Ramsey gave up one TD to Watkins late in the game and Watkins clearly pushed off.

Shhhh, you'll ruin the narrative.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-08-2019, 04:09 PM)Protozoa Wrote: I'm gonna get burned at the stake for this but I think the personality this defense has taken on is directly related to how Ramsey acts. I'm getting to the point that I'd be fine trading him away next year before he becomes Antonio Brown.

I said to trade him this past off-season for a kings ransom not only based on his future demands, but it being an offensive league. 

We could have easily gotten 2 first and then some for him.

Now that he is exposed for not being very good, his trade stock is slipping.

It's pretty clear that a lot of you guys are much too emotionally invested so much so that it gets to the point where you overlook actual facts. It's funny to me though, so keep it up lol

Both corners got torched.