Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Our Defense is a joke

"We’ll get em next year"

Nope, not whit this joke of an frontoffice...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Sixth round rookie is Week 1 Player of the Game...

(09-08-2019, 05:03 PM)Haterade Wrote: Sixth round rookie is Week 1 Player of the Game...

True but he balled out.

(09-08-2019, 04:23 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:07 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote: Are you people serious? ONE GAME against THE BEST OFFENSE IN FOOTBALL and our now defense sucks?! STOP BEING STUPID! If the Chiefs can do this to us, they can do it to nearly EVERYONE.

This board can a joke when it wants to be.

I’m willing to bet  that teams that get creamed in week 1 by 20+ points normally don’t go on to win even 7-8 games that year. So it’s hardly  an overreaction.

14 points.

The Patriots lost their 2017 opener to (Alex Smith led) KC by 15 points.

I doubt the Gardner Minshew led Jags are going to have a great season, but losing the first game does not guarantee doom.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

All talking needs to stop. Close all social media accounts, no reporters in the locker room, no talking on the field.

They don't deserve any of that. They were getting destroyed and kept acting and talking like they were stopping them.

The zone scheme needs to go, but they won't make changes. It's clear the LBs and DBs still don't understand the coverage they are supposed to be playing.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 05:21 PM by Mowerguy.)

Well, the KC player did shove 44 in the back up high between the shoulder blades........no excuse for reacting as he did.
But the poor tackling and penalties on both sides of the ball.....sMH.
And yeah I heard the announcer say you don't see a player that wide open in the NFL......
it appears the team was unprepared, no idea of what they were there for and I hope that Khan is watching and thinking
about his future moves ....I expect he is
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 06:51 PM by Rockman1966.)

(09-08-2019, 03:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Despite his mouth Ramsey was destroyed and allowed 3tds.  He was out muscled and thrown off for one of them.   This defensive line allowed mahomes way too much time and they did not force Kansas City to punt once all day.   The secondary allowed guys to run wide open like it was spring practice.   The team just payed their MLB who threw a fit and got himself suspended for the game.

This defense is a complete joke

Spot on.  Frankly I have never seen so many open receivers in my life.  Marrone will say the same milquetoast comments.  Everything about this team is predictable. 
Lousy tackling, untimely penalties, terrible adjustments, I could go on and on.  Ramsey and Bouye and safeties were terrible.  
Looks like a 4-12 season.

"we'll be alright"

Ravens annihilated the Dolphins. Jags D was being crowned the best in the NFL preseason game against the Dolphins. Josh Allen hype exploded. Now people are gonna start saying the Ravens are a contender and Lamar Jackson is going to be a pro bowler.

(09-08-2019, 04:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The problem here is coaching. No discipline.. Moron is letting his players run the asylum..

Marrone doesn't coach the defense.  Though he is ultimately responsible, he doesn't coach the defense.
[Image: giphy.gif]

(09-08-2019, 07:15 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:14 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: The problem here is coaching. No discipline.. Moron is letting his players run the asylum..

Marrone doesn't coach the defense.  Though he is ultimately responsible, he doesn't coach the defense.

Some of it isnt the coach's fault.  What's up with all these players with their look at me crybaby personalities and 4 year old tantrums from grown physical imposing men.

(09-08-2019, 03:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Despite his mouth Ramsey was destroyed and allowed 3tds.  He was out muscled and thrown off for one of them.   

Here's a recap of every big pass play the jags gave up:

TD to Watkins - Ronnie Harrison missed tackle 
42 yard pass to Kelce - AJ Bouye in man coverage
21 yard pass to Watkins - Myles Jack initially has him in coverage, releases him to Jarrod Wilson who is slow to close
TD to Watkins -  same as above - Jack and Wilson in zone coverage. Wilson slow to arrive. 
41 yards to Kelce - Myles Jack in coverage
22 yards to Watkins - AJ Bouye completely whiffs the tackle, Wilson cleans up after big gain
TD Watkins - Ramsey gets pushed off (no flag) 

You may need to rethink your analysis. Ramsey gave up a goal line TD pass that Watkins got away with a push-off on. That was the only play of consequence he was on the losing end of.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 08:43 PM by nhiverson.)

(09-08-2019, 04:12 PM)roycee Wrote: Wasn't Ramsey following Hill for 2 of those TDs?

Yeah exactly people are not paying attention

(09-08-2019, 08:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 03:56 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Despite his mouth Ramsey was destroyed and allowed 3tds.  He was out muscled and thrown off for one of them.   

21 yard pass to Watkins - Myles Jack initially has him in coverage, releases him to Jarrod Wilson who is slow to close
TD to Watkins -  same as above - Jack and Wilson in zone coverage. Wilson slow to arrive. 
22 yards to Watkins - AJ Bouye completely whiffs the tackle, Wilson cleans up after big gain

You may need to rethink your analysis. Ramsey gave up a goal line TD pass that Watkins got away with a push-off on. That was the only play of consequence he was on the losing end of.

Thank you Ramsey hate around here is outrageous
No Fun

Harrison had a terrible game today along with another dumb penalty. Bouye looked like trash early and we made Sammy Watkins look like the best WR in the NFL. The lack of composure on the defense should not surprise anyone considering what we saw last season. At some point, Marrone has to own it...but I highly doubt that will happen.
Season Ticket Holder - Sec 437

(09-08-2019, 08:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Here's a recap of every big pass play the jags gave up:

Some of these were on Bouye and Ramsey for not playing the zone right. Jack was getting killed by guessing. Both Safeties were no where and screwed up many times.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-08-2019, 08:22 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

That's true. Thanks for that. Reminded me why Todd Wash is so [BLEEP] trash playing zone all the time. We honestly need to get rid of this guy, he is wasting all the talent on defense.

When Ramsey was getting beat last year people said it was because he was hurt. I guess hes still hurt

Let go of Todd Wash, and let Dom Capers run the Defense. I think it would make a world of difference.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(09-08-2019, 10:01 PM)Firesky Wrote: Let go of Todd Wash, and let Dom Capers run the Defense. I think it would make a world of difference.

Does he play man defense? We literally need to play Ramsey on man coverage and let him go to work. If he does, i'm aboard this ship.

11 Jaguars defenders walk into a bar ...

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"