Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Nick Foles out 6-8 weeks with fractured clavicle

(09-08-2019, 05:13 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 05:11 PM)surfon Wrote: Just can't have shiny new things as jags fans.  We can pull out a rusty old hoopdy for a ride tho.  As long as the duck tape holds for anyways.

Minshew is not duct tape.. If anything, he's Flex Seal..

Flex a what.  Nothing beats duct tape.  Nuff said hehe.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Foles TD pass was beautiful. Those kind of plays back the D up and make room for 4nette to do work in 2nd halfs. So I was happy they let Minshew sling some deep ones. The penalties and missed tackles were disgusting to watch but id be lying if I said I lost all hope for the season. I think Minshew with a week practicing with the 1s will be even better. WillRich at LT allowed a sack but didnt look like Eric flowers out there. This team can't win with stupid penalties. The offense played well and our D was out schemed. The pass rush was almost allowed thru to open those screens up. They schemed away our strengths. Quincy Williams played about as good as I hoped and I'm praying he makes a recovery.
Overall, I still think this team can win some games. For the 1st time in many years I believe the offense will end up the better side of the ball for us. KC may have just layed the blueprint to beating Todd Wash... Let Capers take over??
Sky isnt falling yet but we sure do need a TE ...
S/O to Chark and Conley too.

Hang in there guys....didn't brady go in the sixth?
and his first game replacing injured drew bledsoe Brady completed five of ten passes for 46 yards,.

We might not have tB....but, Brady's success as a passer has been attributed to his work ethic, pocket awareness, and intelligence.
Sound familiar ......all these commercial making , over hyped high draft picks are a creation of the media
We might just have stumbled on a very, very good QB.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I'm not confident in Gardener. I honestly think losing Foles is most likely our season over, already. I guess we'll see, if Foles can come back 4-6 weeks like I've seen reported some places and we can actually win say 2 games during that span maybe he could pull off the save.

I hope I'm wrong about Menshew. I just think we saw him getting garbage time stats today and don't expect that against a team who's planned for him and playing regular defense.

I'm always optimistic - but it's really not looking now fellas. Somebody upstairs hates the Jags it seems.

(09-08-2019, 06:25 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Hang in there guys....didn't brady go in the sixth?
and his first game replacing injured drew bledsoe   Brady completed five of ten passes for 46 yards,.

We might not have tB....but, Brady's success as a passer has been attributed to his work ethic, pocket awareness, and intelligence.
Sound familiar ......all these commercial making , over hyped high draft picks are a creation of the media

You gotta stop coming to conclusions like this based on empirical evidence to fit in on this board awash with depression and cheap cynicism. Let's stick with "The Sky is Falling" and "Everybody Is Bound To Suck No Matter What".

(09-08-2019, 11:52 PM)sfljaguarsfan Wrote: I'm not confident in Gardener. I honestly think losing Foles is most likely our season over, already. I guess we'll see, if Foles can come back 4-6 weeks like I've seen reported some places and we can actually win say 2 games during that span maybe he could pull off the save.

I hope I'm wrong about Menshew. I just think we saw him getting garbage time stats today and don't expect that against a team who's planned for him and playing regular defense.

I'm always optimistic - but it's really not looking now fellas. Somebody upstairs hates the Jags it seems.

Wasn't Minshew something like 8 for 8 or 9 for 9 in the second quarter?  That wasn't garbage time.

Wow, this is so brutal. Feels like the season is over before it even started. I love Minshew and I thought he had potential to be a decent BU but obviously his performance was really outstanding, Im really happy for the kid.

What worries me, is that the Defense looked horrendous. Chiefs basically walked into the Endzone twice and we weren't able to get a stop when it mattered. I understand that its the Chiefs but still man, this is suppose to be a top 5 Defense and at no point did the Chiefs struggle to move the ball. I really hope we start clearing out the coaching team early, I dont think I can muster waiting for the season to end until something changes.

I hope Wash is first to go. Just because you have some elite players, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do anything creative to confuse the offense. The Chiefs were dictating to the defense and Wash had no quick adjustments for the screen game.

Buoye was getting abused, unfortunately. Hopefully that was rust.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(09-09-2019, 12:04 AM)IndyJagsFan Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 06:25 PM)Mowerguy Wrote: Hang in there guys....didn't brady go in the sixth?
and his first game replacing injured drew bledsoe   Brady completed five of ten passes for 46 yards,.

You gotta stop coming to conclusions like this based on empirical evidence to fit in on this board awash with depression and cheap cynicism. Let's stick with "The Sky is Falling" and "Everybody Is Bound To Suck No Matter What".

Not only that but that bang bang play where he dropped it 60 yards to Chark was a thing of beauty

(09-09-2019, 06:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Wasn't Minshew something like 8 for 8 or 9 for 9 in the second quarter?  That wasn't garbage time.

Yea he started 13-13 for like 140 yards all with the game still within 10 points.  The idea he was all garbage time stats is bogus.

Now that doesnt mean he'll continue to play as well as he did.  He is still on the shorter end with an average arm.  Once teams start to get tape and scheme on him, his play will likely start to decline.  He'll then need to adjust.  He may very well come back down to earth, but it has nothing to do with garbage time stats.

It appears hitching your wagon to an inconsistent injury prone QB wasn't a wise move

(09-09-2019, 06:44 AM)SignMeUpAtQB Wrote: Wow, this is so brutal. Feels like the season is over before it even started. I love Minshew and I thought he had potential to be a decent BU but obviously his performance was really outstanding, Im really happy for the kid.

What worries me, is that the Defense looked horrendous. Chiefs basically walked into the Endzone twice and we weren't able to get a stop when it mattered. I understand that its the Chiefs but still man, this is suppose to be a top 5 Defense and at no point did the Chiefs struggle to move the ball. I really hope we start clearing out the coaching team early, I dont think I can muster waiting for the season to end until something changes.

What bugs me more on this... is even when the team guts out a stop the zebras throw a hankie to keep drives going.  The taunting penalties are crazy destructive.  KC was chippy and got away with personal foul level stuff.  The officiating in the league is so skewed that it feeds fan frenzies.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-09-2019, 08:31 AM)JackCity Wrote: It appears hitching your wagon to an inconsistent injury prone QB wasn't a wise move

Being pile driven into the ground by a 300 lb lineman isn’t what I would call being prone to injury. Tweaking a hamstring while doing warmups would more qualify that distinction.

(09-09-2019, 08:39 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: What bugs me more on this... is even when the team guts out a stop the zebras throw a hankie to keep drives going.  The taunting penalties are crazy destructive.  KC was chippy and got away with personal foul level stuff.  The officiating in the league is so skewed that it feeds fan frenzies.

This^

While there is no excuse for the putrid level at which our defense played yesterday, this is a real thing.  Officiating is skewed to a few anointed players and teams and it is skewed against some teams, primarily small market teams like the Jags.
[Image: giphy.gif]

Looking at Foles at the podium. Guy is built like a stick. Skinny neck, bony shoulders, thin arms. He's done with the porous offensive line. Another wasted free agent signee.

Quite appropriate that we might have a backup QB named Mr. McGough.

(09-08-2019, 03:37 PM)jj82284 Wrote: I picked a heck of a day to quit drinking....

Did you plan on quitting the 1st Sunday of the season?? I mean, that is discipline my friend, if you do indeed follow through like a Minshew throw. I commend you, but... Wow! I bought a 12 pack just for a solo sitdown to the excitement of NFL football. Thought about inviting a few of the fellas to come thru, but my process... fantasy, flipping stations and being fully tuned in to Jaguars radio coverage; I just wanted to soak it all up. Literally- But I still got a couple Yuengling left, iffin so u happen to change ur mind- Smile 

#NoPressure
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(09-09-2019, 07:32 AM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I hope Wash is first to go. Just because you have some elite players, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do anything creative to confuse the offense. The Chiefs were dictating to the defense and Wash had no quick adjustments for the screen game.

Buoye was getting abused, unfortunately. Hopefully that was rust.

The screen game thing was about having a patchwork LB corps (and a rookie WLB for a while). Most of that came later in the game after Jack was tossed.  If those guys can't read and react, the screens are gonna' work well.  

I'm not going to crucify Wash just yet over this one game because the tape shows safeties, linebacker and a corner making repeated mistakes and missed tackles.  That's not a scheme issue, it's players playing badly against a good offense. 
I am skeptical of whether he's getting the most out of this unit of course, and I've questioned his choices of coverage many times. Let's see if they can bounce back against Houston. I don't think this one game is the true indication of what this defense will be this season.

(09-09-2019, 08:03 AM)rfc17 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 06:16 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Wasn't Minshew something like 8 for 8 or 9 for 9 in the second quarter?  That wasn't garbage time.

Yea he started 13-13 for like 140 yards all with the game still within 10 points.  The idea he was all garbage time stats is bogus.

Now that doesnt mean he'll continue to play as well as he did.  He is still on the shorter end with an average arm.  Once teams start to get tape and scheme on him, his play will likely start to decline.  He'll then need to adjust.  He may very well come back down to earth, but it has nothing to do with garbage time stats.

Props to the kid.  He came in and set a franchise record for completion percentage.  With that said.. Ok. Nobody say the "K" word.. (cough)err... Nick. Or you might get banned or warning'd or sum'n- Just playin' - Kaepernick! (In my Dave Chappelle voice) lol!
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

i predicted foles would get hurt so whatevs. We just need to get a QB in case Minshew gets overwhelmed and people get film on him.
Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.