Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Doug Marrone

(09-08-2019, 10:26 PM)tmcoughlin Wrote: Just wonder if Marrone hired Todd Wash? If not then he doesn't have any control over firing Wash just like he has little to none control over his players.
Nope was a Gus guy...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 10:56 PM by JagFan81.)

The problem with the D is it is built to play with a lead. In 2017 we won 9 games when we scored first. We were 1-5 when the opponents scored first (@ Pittsburgh). In 2018 4 of the 5 games we won we scored first and were 1-8 when falling behind first and that one W was against the Dolphins in week 16. 

We can stop one thing so if its going to be a pass we can play the pass and stop it, same with playing the run but we struggle having to factor both in. This feels why the LB's are always static or trailing their assignment.

This team does seem to be struggling dealing with adversity at the moment. We dont get bumps in the road, we get avalanches but the players need to fight through it together not just fight.

Wash should have been gone years ago.

I am giving up on Marrone, we need a new HC.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 12:03 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

I'm trying to figure out what exactly Coughlin's role is. The team doesn't resemble our coaches or VP's demeanor at all. I know it's just the first game and we had a great opponent but nothing really changed from last year as far as looking like a bunch of headless chickens specifically on defense.
No pain, no gain.

I hope our next head coach is Eric Bieniemy. I wanted him as HC last year and I want him as a HC next year.

(09-09-2019, 12:01 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: I'm trying to figure out what exactly Coughlin's role is. The team doesn't resemble our coaches or VP's demeanor at all. I know it's just the first game and we had a great opponent but nothing really changed from last year as far as looking like a bunch of headless chickens specifically on defense.

I think Coughlin's role is to be the eyes and ears of the owner, and provide advice to the owner.  

I think Coughlin will be very patient with Marrone because Coughlin has been fired twice and both times thought it was unfair.

It all comes back to lack of discipline.

That’s on the coach. Period. Although part of me hopes Coughlin will come down and smack some sense into these idiot players on defense.

The last time we saw Tom coach he'd completely lost control of the Giants and there's already animosity between him and players in the locker room.

Would be an awful move

(09-09-2019, 08:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: The last time we saw Tom coach he'd completely lost control of the Giants and there's already animosity between him and players in the locker room.

Would be an awful move

I’m not saying make him head coach, but seriously, start fining or suspending these dues who are setting us back with unnecessary roughness and taunting penalties, etc. clearly talking to them and hoping they change isn’t working. A message needs to be sent

(09-09-2019, 08:09 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:06 AM)JackCity Wrote: The last time we saw Tom coach he'd completely lost control of the Giants and there's already animosity between him and players in the locker room.

Would be an awful move

I’m not saying make him head coach, but seriously, start fining or suspending these dues who are setting us back with unnecessary roughness and taunting penalties, etc. clearly talking to them and hoping they change isn’t working. A message needs to be sent

They have been fined repeatedly apparently (Oesher reported this). Yet they are still doing it.

Coughlin is pretty much always there on the field during practices and attending team meetings (as he was last year during the Fowler-Yannick argument) and seems like players don't enjoy that too much either.
I have no idea how they'll stop or limit that at this point.

(09-09-2019, 08:14 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:09 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m not saying make him head coach, but seriously, start fining or suspending these dues who are setting us back with unnecessary roughness and taunting penalties, etc. clearly talking to them and hoping they change isn’t working. A message needs to be sent

They have been fined repeatedly apparently (Oesher reported this). Yet they are still doing it.

Coughlin is pretty much always there on the field during practices and attending team meetings (as he was last year during the Fowler-Yannick argument) and seems like players don't enjoy that too much either.

If that’s the case, then Marrone has lost the locker room, and barring a miracle playoff season this year, needs to go.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 08:53 AM by Mowerguy.)

From Ice Cream Gus to Malarkey to Bologna Marroni ....not sure which has been worse....
Please Mr Khan.....find us a new, capable HC
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-09-2019, 08:14 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:09 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I’m not saying make him head coach, but seriously, start fining or suspending these dues who are setting us back with unnecessary roughness and taunting penalties, etc. clearly talking to them and hoping they change isn’t working. A message needs to be sent

On 1010 last night, one of the talking heads said the reason the players show no discipline is because they are keenly aware of the lack of depth this team has. There is no next man up. 

If true, to me that shows an alarming lack of character for some of these players. Using an NFL playing field as a stage to act out punk [BLEEP] displays shows a disturbing level of immaturity. And why not? It got Antonio Brown what he wanted.

Already? - This team will fight through adversity and win, with Coach Marrone and a great group of players and coaches with proper attitude adjustments. Sometimes you gotta get your bell rung as a wake-up.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Welcome to the Millennial Age of Football.

It's garbage played by garbage players because they're garbage people

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 10:18 AM by fredalwaysajag.)

(09-09-2019, 10:04 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Welcome to the Millennial Age of Football.

It's garbage played by garbage players because they're garbage people

This may be an under rated comment.. I saw it with Fowler, then Jack.  I mean, Jack is cool, lost his composure, sure.  But you speak truth with this comment... Ramsey! Taven- so on...

i mean (edit) i wouldnt say "garbage people" but i get the jest, and sorta agree.
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

There are a bunch of fans around the league with similar whining. We complained about back up QB. We complained about the receivers.....

Turns out that was, well weak.

The D got exposed, to be sure, but it ain’t like it was by an opponent like the giants or fins. Top O in the league, really.

Marrone and Wash need to get it together, to be sure, but he’s gotta be going, “Man, can I catch a break here?”

LT goes down, the Thursday before the game, our answer st QB goes down on a play the league is supposedly trying to outlaw, throwing a dime to a guy all the dan experts were saying is a bust.

I think the D can get it together, having been humbled. I hope the O can keep up the level they played at yday.

(09-09-2019, 08:52 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: From Ice Cream Gus to Malarkey to Bologna Marroni ....not sure which has been worse....
Please Mr Khan.....find us a new, capable HC

We need to stop hiring re-treads and defensive minded coaches and look for a young, innovative offensive minded head coach.

(09-09-2019, 09:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:14 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: They have been fined repeatedly apparently (Oesher reported this). Yet they are still doing it.

On 1010 last night, one of the talking heads said the reason the players show no discipline is because they are keenly aware of the lack of depth this team has. There is no next man up. 

If true, to me that shows an alarming lack of character for some of these players. Using an NFL playing field as a stage to act out punk [BLEEP] displays shows a disturbing level of immaturity. And why not? It got Antonio Brown what he wanted.

Ouch.  Sadly the players that are showing this display of immaturity will go on and dominate when they are gone from our team.  Watch Ramsey go to the Titans and squash us 2x a year.  Man this franchise is paying such a heavy price for the limited success we have had in 25 years.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-08-2019, 05:07 PM)Nikowho Wrote: Marrone, and Wash. Both need to go. Question is, will Kahn do something about it? If he does it won't come until nearly past the midway point of the season, I feel like...

What about Caldwell? If we're talking about a culture change, do any of you trust this current GM to bring in a new coach again? Honest question

Coughlin and Caldwell are tied at the hip...Dave's decisions have to be approved by TC so he is on-board with DC...it is a 2 headed snake thing. Cutting one head off will change nothing...You gotta cut both heads off to get change