Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fire Doug Marrone

(09-08-2019, 04:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: There's not a whole lot to be said. It's painfully obvious he has no control over the team. If Tom Coughlin is up to the job, and is willing, bring him in to instill discipline and allow time to find a HC replacement. 

Oh, Todd Wash needs to go, as well.

The most damning evidence against him may be how poor that D looked in the first half. These guys can't just rely on underwear practices to get their reps. That's a decision made by the coach(es), and they should be accountable. The defense is young, and lets emotion get the best of them too often. You don't have swagger when the opposition is running a track meet on you.

I don't think the youth on the team would listen to Coughlin - you'd see more of the Antonio Brown type of reaction - disobedience, disrespect, complaining in public forums (social media, tv camera), and requests to be traded somewhere more "fun".

This is going to have to happen from within - the players are going to have to be the ones to hold each other accountable - no stupid penalties, tell the coaches when you need to be on the field, or, if someone like TC does come in, full buy-in of the system.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-09-2019, 12:18 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:15 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: There's not a whole lot to be said. It's painfully obvious he has no control over the team. If Tom Coughlin is up to the job, and is willing, bring him in to instill discipline and allow time to find a HC replacement. 

Oh, Todd Wash needs to go, as well.

The most damning evidence against him may be how poor that D looked in the first half. These guys can't just rely on underwear practices to get their reps. That's a decision made by the coach(es), and they should be accountable.
The defense is young, and lets emotion get the best of them too often. You don't have swagger when the opposition is running a track meet on you.

I don't think the youth on the team would listen to Coughlin - you'd see more of the Antonio Brown type of reaction - disobedience, disrespect, complaining in public forums (social media, tv camera), and requests to be traded somewhere more "fun".

This is going to have to happen from within - the players are going to have to be the ones to hold each other accountable - no stupid penalties, tell the coaches when you need to be on the field, or, if someone like TC does come in, full buy-in of the system.

The guys making mistakes on defense all got a good number of preseason snaps.  Bouye was really the only one who screwed up badly who didn't get plenty of preseason work. You could maybe include Jack as well, but he wasn't "horrible" outside of getting burned by Kelce (what LB doesn't) and the stupid penalty.

Most disturbing thing to me is they had the whole off-season to prep for the KC offense. 

It looked like they spent a day on it.

This is like issue number 1000 in terms of relevance to the game's outcome, but to me, he started losing from the coin toss. You WON the toss for a reason. Why defer and give the ball to one of the most prolific offenses in this era? The same offense you hoped to KEEP OFF THE FIELD. To me, that's putting your team behind the 8 ball from the onset. You don't tempt fate. Grab the ball, start the ball-possession, clock-bleeding process you planned.

Sure, you want to start with your best foot forward and give your presumed better unit, the defense, a chance to open up the season. I understand that. But who knows, perhaps your O starts with an 8 minute drive and scores; it becomes an entirely different game. Even if they don't, you at least kept their O on the sideline to start, maintain morale.

Considering your team's abysmal record when the opponent scores first, and being built to play with a lead, why hand the ball over to a scoring machine to start the game? I can't imagine ole Bill even considering that option. Again, this is way down the list of agros in the totem pole, but I was irritated by it. Then they scored. I was like, game over.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-09-2019, 01:40 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Most disturbing thing to me is they had the whole off-season to prep for the KC offense. 

But you also have to remember that, that KC Offense also had the whole off-season to prep for our basic [BLEEP] vanilla Defense as well.

Couple that with the fact that Reid is a wizard at drawing up plays/game plan, I'm sure he threw in some new plays that people haven't seen them run before.

(09-09-2019, 04:20 PM)BritJag Wrote: This is like issue number 1000 in terms of relevance to the game's outcome, but to me, he started losing from the coin toss. You WON the toss for a reason. Why defer and give the ball to one of the most prolific offenses in this era? The same offense you hoped to KEEP OFF THE FIELD. To me, that's putting your team behind the 8 ball from the onset. You don't tempt fate. Grab the ball, start the ball-possession, clock-bleeding process you planned.

Sure, you want to start with your best foot forward and give your presumed better unit, the defense, a chance to open up the season. I understand that. But who knows, perhaps your O starts with an 8 minute drive and scores; it becomes an entirely different game. Even if they don't, you at least kept their O on the sideline to start, maintain morale.

Considering your team's abysmal record when the opponent scores first, and being built to play with a lead, why hand the ball over to a scoring machine to start the game? I can't imagine ole Bill even considering that option. Again, this is way down the list of agros in the totem pole, but I was irritated by it. Then they scored. I was like, game over.
This I agree with. Good point

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(09-09-2019, 08:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 01:40 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Most disturbing thing to me is they had the whole off-season to prep for the KC offense. 

But you also have to remember that, that KC Offense also had the whole off-season to prep for our basic [BLEEP] vanilla Defense as well.

Couple that with the fact that Reid is a wizard at drawing up plays/game plan, I'm sure he threw in some new plays that people haven't seen them run before.

I don't disagree with that but I don't feel like that should constitute what we saw on the field.

(09-09-2019, 08:43 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:10 PM)Eric1 Wrote: But you also have to remember that, that KC Offense also had the whole off-season to prep for our basic [BLEEP] vanilla Defense as well.

I don't disagree with that but I don't feel like that should constitute what we saw on the field.

I agree it shouldn't have looked that bad. The Defense should have looked more prepared than giving up 200 yards on like literally the first 5 plays. Definitely wish they'd stop playing mostly zone vs Great QBs. They eat this Def up every time.

(09-09-2019, 08:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:43 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I don't disagree with that but I don't feel like that should constitute what we saw on the field.

I agree it shouldn't have looked that bad. The Defense should have looked more prepared than giving up 200 yards on like literally the first 5 plays. Definitely wish they'd stop playing mostly zone vs Great QBs. They eat this Def up every time.

Wash coaches scared. He's got guys with the tools to play attack defense but zones them back instead. I don't know if he has it in him to be any other way.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-08-2019, 04:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:32 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: If any of you rember i said doug was a mistake hire as HC. it would be one good season,and all down hill from there like with the bills. do you all belieave me now? one god year for jags,and its all been down hill now. I also told you all we have one of the worst offenssive lines in the nfl espaissley if a starter got hurt.

maybe i knew a littlle more then you all gave me credit for. nothing can help this dister team,not even a lucky peeny.

My lucky peeny landed me a new wife

Better to be lucky than good?
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(09-10-2019, 01:14 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 04:34 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: My lucky peeny landed me a new wife

Better to be lucky than good?

Always lol

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-10-2019, 12:16 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-09-2019, 08:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: I agree it shouldn't have looked that bad. The Defense should have looked more prepared than giving up 200 yards on like literally the first 5 plays. Definitely wish they'd stop playing mostly zone vs Great QBs. They eat this Def up every time.

Wash coaches scared. He's got guys with the tools to play attack defense but zones them back instead. I don't know if he has it in him to be any other way.

Yup, it hasn't changed over his entire time here, don't see why he'd suddenly change it now  Undecided

(09-09-2019, 04:20 PM)BritJag Wrote: This is like issue number 1000 in terms of relevance to the game's outcome, but to me, he started losing from the coin toss. You WON the toss for a reason. Why defer and give the ball to one of the most prolific offenses in this era? The same offense you hoped to KEEP OFF THE FIELD. To me, that's putting your team behind the 8 ball from the onset. You don't tempt fate. Grab the ball, start the ball-possession, clock-bleeding process you planned.

A fine observation.

Deferring was a knee-jerk decision, likely not even thought about.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Let's just move this thread up here in case it's needed.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 01:44 PM by Ronster.)

Ya, Marrone needs to go
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

Fire Moron and Wash. Both suck.

FIRE THE MORON! WHAT A [BLEEP] IDIOT!!!
My sig goes here!

Doug Moron
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

That was disgusting...what the hell did he think this was? The Longest Yard?
"There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards." - Ari Gold

I liked the call to go for it...but why the [BLEEP] give it to fournette there. I'm shocked