Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Positives

I agree that there were a lot of negatives and I'm not making this thread to dispute them. I'm making this thread because I feel like while there was a ton of crap on display the things that were supposed to be crap didn't seem like crap. Starting two new tackles was a big concern and they seemed to hold up respectably. Minshew was good and the receivers seemed to do their jobs. I mean had the refs called that horse collar when Fournette fumbled the chiefs don't get the ball to score and maybe we scored there (we seemed to be moving the ball well). Had we scored it would be a 3 point game. Anyways this defense was supposed to be the only thing we had and I felt like the offense did better than expected and the defense did worse than expected. IF the defense can get to that expectation and the offense stays where it is we might be ok..
"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Starting with Minshew. He's accurate, he throws a beautiful spiral, and he has good field awareness. Garbage time? No.  His first two drives were 56 and 70 yards...led to two FGs. His next drive was 40+ yards before Fournette's fumble. And the Jags were still in the game at that point.  And to those who compare his performance with Bortles's 35 TD year, you're simply wrong.  Bortles wasn't accurate on those passes...A-Rob, if you'll remember, made incredible catches.

I was happy with our recievers...Chark, Westbrook and Conley. All big time catches.

Despite his two turnovers (and yes, I blame Minshew's INT on him) Fournette ran well.

Richardson played well at LT. There were very few sacks. Again, despite the holding penalties, I thought the OL played well enough to win the game...had the defense lived up to their end of the deal.

I put the entire blame of the defense's woes on one guy: Doug Marrone.  They weren't prepared, because they barely played in preseason.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2019, 05:39 PM by JagFanatic24.)

I see a lot of doom and gloom on the board. But what I saw was different.

Man come on, we all knew the Chiefs would beat us. If Foles would have played the entire game, the Chiefs still put up 40 points on our defense.

Jack lost his cool and was getting smoked by Kelce. Williams missed some tackles but he has good speed, he got banged up with a knee.

Ramsey was a non factor all day. He forced a couple of runs wide but that’s it.

Bouye was blanketed on WRs but PHomes is on another planet.

Our Safeties are not good at all. Harrison was late a few times and so was Wilson. That’s not gonna cut it. 

Now over on offense. What about Minchew...! Wow! At one point he was 13 for 13 with a TD. He reminds me of Mayfield. 

Chark is a completely different player. He was killing that secondary. Westbrook continues to impress and moved the sticks.

Fournette caught balls and was running downhill. Our TEs need to give us more in the pass game but not bad.

What do you expect when your 88 million dollar QB gets hurt? If we can keep it 500 until he gets back then we’re ok.
Let’s get behind the rookie bc you couldn’t ask for a better Debut! 

I’m not even mad

Also Yannick and Campbell were doing there thing

Positives :

We might go 8-8 if we’re lucky
Minshew Looks Good (certainly a truer QB than Bortles) 
Chark Is Hopefully Gonna Work Out

The Legend of Gardner Minshew has begun..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

I told many here that were calling for DJ Chark a disappointment to calm down because it was just his rookie year. Turns out he looked ok today.

Minshew looks like exactly what you want in a backup QB. Which is, smart, knows the offense, can come in and not screw things up.

Is he more than that? It's an interesting question.

• POSITIVES

• Will Richardson played pretty well as far as I could tell
  • Minshew can move the chains with this offense
  • Fournette did some nice things and looks quicker - though the strip/turnover cost us dearly
  • DJ Chark - I'm glad I don't have to listen to half of this board whine about how bad he is for a week at least. He looks like he's taking the next step like I thought he would. 
  • DeFilippo - So far, so good in terms of offensive efficiency. A few interesting blocking schemes to create lanes for Fournette and a good job of scheming Westbrook, Chark and Conley open pretty consistently. I also liked that he didn't handcuff the rookie when he came in. 

We dont have to play Mahomes again this season...

The leaner,more focused 904nette was a sight for sore eyes.
Our sixth rounder compares pretty nicely to the first overall pick the cards have. He only has 3 points at the half.
Sometimes the best players are in the later rounds.

Nice to see some receivers catch the ball....
and #41 is going to be a beast
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-08-2019, 06:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
  • POSITIVES

• Fournette did some nice things and looks quicker - though the strip/turnover cost us dearly
  • DJ Chark - I'm glad I don't have to listen to half of this board whine about how bad he is for a week at least. He looks like he's taking the next step like I thought he would. 
  • DeFilippo - So far, so good in terms of offensive efficiency. A few interesting blocking schemes to create lanes for Fournette and a good job of scheming Westbrook, Chark and Conley open pretty consistently. I also liked that he didn't handcuff the rookie when he came in. 

That Fournette fumble was the back breaker. This team was already struggling, but at least they were trying to hang with all things considered. 23-13, but in FG range and they were driving on that series.

Was glad to see Chark make some plays. He probably scores on that 2nd one if Minshew had a stronger arm and could have laid the ball out in front of him better. Still great to see those chunk plays though. Chark flashed that same ability to track the deep ball vs the Chiefs last season as well.

I didn't notice Richardson much, which is typically a good thing for OL. I know Taylor got hit with 2 holding penalties for sure, but I don't think the game looked too big for either of them in their first starts. They should get a real good test next week vs Watt and company though.

That Chiefs team is going to give opposing teams problems all season long. They're going to beat up on a lot of teams. This game got ugly at times and even uglier at some other times. But we all need to take a step back and remember just how good that team is. Far and away the best Offense in the game, with a really good coach who's been doing it for quite awhile.

(09-08-2019, 06:26 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 06:01 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
  • POSITIVES

That Fournette fumble was the back breaker. This team was already struggling, but at least they were trying to hang with all things considered. 23-13, but in FG range and they were driving on that series.

Yeah, it killed any chance of getting back into it. Such a great drive they had going there. Good little dink and dunk plays and a few good runs eating up 6+ minutes of clock before the strip/fumble.

(09-08-2019, 05:45 PM)Brett Wrote: I told many here that were calling for DJ Chark a disappointment to calm down because it was just his rookie year. Turns out he looked ok today.

Agree on Chark I've mentioned it before but there were several occasions where he was wide open last year. And Bortles just didn't see him or threw a bad pass his way.

(09-08-2019, 06:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote: We dont have to play Mahomes again this season...

I for one hope we do play Mahomes again this season.

(09-08-2019, 09:09 PM)Upper Wrote:
(09-08-2019, 06:06 PM)jj82284 Wrote: We dont have to play Mahomes again this season...

I for one hope we do play Mahomes again this season.

Unfortunately, not realistic.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Quote of the day:

“I feel like the Jaguars losing but Gardner Minshew going 22-for-25 is like getting told you don’t have to clean your house anymore because it burned down.”

I didn't notice special teams and that is a great deal considering everything we have had happen to us since the franchise launch.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Here are my postives.

* Foles lookes.good that TD whike.gettimg hit was perfect
*Minshew looked great, great accuracy and ball placement seema to have the IQ to see the field
* Fournette looked good. The fumble should of been a facemask but refs being refs
* OL held up there own out there, considering tbe rookies we had to throw in

Nothing good in defense other than Ramsey Shut down hill, and rookies williams.and allen played well. Unfortunately williams hurt his knee.

Positive: we learned that the guys need reps in the preseason to be ready for week 1. @Next year we won't make that same mistake@

How many people around here wrote off DJ? Dude had a pretty good game, even if KC's D isn't a world-beater.

We managed to remain competitive in this game without our starting LT. Considering how porous the line looked in the preseason, I expected very little out of the offense. So glad I was wrong.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2019, 12:29 PM by Jags239.)

Positives: There were major questions about the offense coming into the season and they played pretty well. If there's a unit that should be able to turn it around its the defense. I'd be more concerned if the defense played pretty well and the offense was terrible.