Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Where are Lamar Jackson haters now?

(09-16-2019, 11:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I was certainly never a hater of Jackson. But I didn't rank him highly among that draft class.

I had them:

Mayfield
Allen
Darnold
Rosen
Jackson

Rosen and Jackson were ranked about equally for me but for starkly different reasons.

I like seeing Jackson do well. I think it's a good story to see him prove doubters wrong and all that stuff. He is definitely going to face some tougher opponents down the stretch though.

Mayfield
Jackson
Allen
Darnold
Rosen

I don't think he will (maybe he proves me wrong) become a superstar and a top 3 QB, but I think he can become a top 10, maybe top 7 and that's good enough.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He has looked good the last few weeks, with that said id like to see him against a decent defense. Ive watched some of the games the last few weeks and i wish our oline was close to as good as Bal. Crazy the protection he gets

(09-16-2019, 10:25 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/statu...19745?s=09

So the dude put up numbers against a team that is all but admitting to tanking and another team that is practically a complete rebuild.

'member when everyone griped about Bort's numbers coming in garbage time?

I'm going to withhold praise until he does this against some of the better defenses in the league.

Dude needs a haircut.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'm not going to eat crow just yet...

I will say this... he's already better than I expected him to be.
But we'll see if it turns into a good season or not.

I still think as a QB Mayfield was the right #1 pick.

Let's check back in on Jackson after 11/3
See how he fares against a defensive mind that knows how to beat just about every type of QB or scheme

He's played well, but he's played well against two bad teams. I do like him, but my biggest concern now is what it was then: what happens after the inevitable knee injury slows him down?

(09-16-2019, 12:36 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 10:25 AM)JackCity Wrote: https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/statu...19745?s=09

So the dude put up numbers against a team that is all but admitting to tanking and another team that is practically a complete rebuild.

'member when everyone griped about Bort's numbers coming in garbage time?

I'm going to withhold praise until he does this against some of the better defenses in the league.

That's a given yes

Just wait until he gets murdered like Foles did.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Not looking too good now

(09-22-2019, 02:07 PM)Elitemajik Wrote: Not looking too good now

Minchew looked much better against that Chiefs defense.

So against the chefs defense he throws 267 yards with no TD, no INT.
Fair amount of that came in the fourth quarter down by 17.
I'd say he's come back to earth a little bit.

He needs a haircut.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-23-2019, 10:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: So against the chefs defense he throws 267 yards with no TD, no INT.
Fair amount of that came in the fourth quarter down by 17.  
I'd say he's come back to earth a little bit.

He didn't look very good for most of the game.  I missed the 4th quarter because I had to pick up Mrs. Rico at the airport.  

I'm still curious to see how he plays once he's taken enough hits running.  He took some decent shots while I was watching.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(09-23-2019, 03:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: He needs a haircut.

Why's that

(09-23-2019, 04:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 03:14 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: He needs a haircut.

Why's that

Gotta test the theory that he is anti-Samson.

(09-24-2019, 12:38 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-23-2019, 04:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: Why's that

Gotta test the theory that he is anti-Samson.

Boomers hate hair that isn't like their dads bowl cut

(09-24-2019, 05:49 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 12:38 PM)Mikey Wrote: Gotta test the theory that he is anti-Samson.

Boomers hate hair that isn't like their dads bowl cut
This board has certainly taken an odd turn the last few months.

(09-24-2019, 06:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 05:49 PM)JackCity Wrote: Boomers hate hair that isn't like their dads bowl cut
This board has certainly taken an odd turn the last few months.

They're getting old. Just imagine it in 10 years!

(09-24-2019, 06:41 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 06:01 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: This board has certainly taken an odd turn the last few months.

They're getting old. Just imagine it in 10 years!
Please stop littering multiple threads with this agism horse [BLEEP]. 

You're smarter than this.

If you want to call out someone's bad take - call out their take - rather trying to blanket their (supposed) generation.

(09-24-2019, 07:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-24-2019, 06:41 PM)JackCity Wrote: They're getting old. Just imagine it in 10 years!
Please stop littering multiple threads with this agism horse [BLEEP]. 

You're smarter than this.

If you want to call out someone's bad take - call out their take  - rather trying to blanket their (supposed) generation.

The entire reason I'm doing it was a counter to all the "millennials are all entitled brats" posts filling that thread. It goes both ways is the basic point.