Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fowler vs Ngakoue (merged)

2 sacks today for Fowler, Yan did nothing.

Cleatwood, I dunno if you remember or not but we have a bet...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 08:03 PM by iHaunting Raven.)

3 sacks for Fowler today

Remember our bet, Cleatwood.

Fowler 5 sacks
Yan 2

Fowler is putting up the exact numbers I’d expect him to since he’s now paired up with the best defensive player on the planet.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(10-20-2019, 08:29 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Fowler is putting up the exact numbers I’d expect him to since he’s now paired up with the best defensive player on the planet.

I could probably muster up a couple sacks with how deep LA's defensive line is.

Terrible front office. We could have Had Fowler, Ramsey, Yan, Jack, Bouye, Telvin, possbly Josh allen. Would have been set for the future but....

So last year we traded Fowler with the assumption we liked yan better and couldn’t pay them both. Looking back did we make the right decision? Fowler has looked great and looked good in less snaps for us before he was traded and also plays the run better than yan. Would it have been wiser to pay him and trade yan? Or even keep both? What do you guys think?

(10-21-2019, 12:31 AM)PAJag Wrote: So last year we traded Fowler with the assumption we liked yan better and couldn’t pay them both. Looking back did we make the right decision? Fowler has looked great and looked good in less snaps for us before he was traded and also plays the run better than yan. Would it have been wiser to pay him and trade yan? Or even keep both? What do you guys think?

I would've liked to have been able to keep Fowler but no way I'd choose him over Yan.

Just going to drop this here:

Quote:Jaguars DE Yannick Ngakoue on the pick six: "I noticed when (Giovanni Bernard) was in the game, they were looking pass. And when it was (Joe Mixon), they were looking run. 

"So I thought it was going to be a screen. "

The guy had a tfl, pick six, and got good pressure. He also had the best start to a career for any pass rusher we've EVER DRAFTED (early for allen) Fowler had a good game but we made the right choice.

Fowler is talented but he kept making stupid personal fouls, and he was fighting with his own teammates, and he was doing stupid stuff off the field. The pluses didn't outweigh the negatives in my mind.

(10-20-2019, 10:40 PM)D-Money Wrote: Terrible front office. We could have Had Fowler, Ramsey, Yan, Jack, Bouye, Telvin, possbly Josh allen. Would have been set for the future but....

Fowler was a head case, fighting teammates, throwing groceries into ponds, reffing cat fights... and was a personal foul machine on the field.. How soon we forget how much of a headache he was, and also couldn't get on the field here because we had better starters at the time. 

Telvin is soft, and quit over a general statement Tom made over OTA's. That's like me getting upset when my boss asks me to come in and work voluntary OT, I say no, and he says "man I wish you were there" and quitting my job over it. Think about it, its so childish of him to stay home over something so mild. On top of that, the guy just signed a deal, and he was talking about getting paid??? He is out of his mind.. 

Same goes for Ramsey - Soft, immature, man child. 

Yes, I will agree, keeping these 3 would have been great, but the circumstances while each of them were here led to them being traded, or staying home.. And in all 3 cases, I would argue moving them was justified. Now, the compensation we got for Fowler was a joke, they should have gotten more him. Otherwise, what would you have the team do?

31.0 Career Sacks Vs. 18.0 Career Sacks.

I'll take the good locker room and culture guy over the least productive and [BLEEP] starter guy all day.

I know Yannick has been off to a slow start this year. Maybe that ankle injury is still lingering from earlier. Maybe he's playing more carefully with an extension on the line.

Not sure. But he's always been a streaky pass rusher. Sometimes he'll go weeks without a peep and then sometimes he'll show up on the stat sheet two, three weeks in a row with 1.0 - 2.5 sacks per game, etc.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(10-21-2019, 06:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 31.0 Career Sacks Vs. 18.0 Career Sacks.

I'll take the good locker room and culture guy over the least productive and [BLEEP] starter guy all day.

I know Yannick has been off to a slow start this year. Maybe that ankle injury is still lingering from earlier. Maybe he's playing more carefully with an extension on the line.

Not sure. But he's always been a streaky pass rusher. Sometimes he'll go weeks without a peep and then sometimes he'll show up on the stat sheet two, three weeks in a row with 1.0 - 2.5 sacks per game, etc.

Lol at giving him an ankle injury now. You guys are ridiculous trying to explain away.

Yan has been overrated by you guys. He's good, not great.

(This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 06:51 AM by Caldrac.)

(10-21-2019, 06:39 AM)rocdee Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 06:21 AM)Caldrac Wrote: 31.0 Career Sacks Vs. 18.0 Career Sacks.

Lol at giving him an ankle injury now. You guys are ridiculous trying to explain away.

A 3rd RD pick playing better than his draft position since he arrived is overrated now? Got it.

There was a reported ankle injury earlier this year. He's been arguably our most consistent rusher since Brackens.

Go get some coffee man. Too early for this [BLEEP] with you. You and Ihaunting Ghosts or w/e his name is must be roomates.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

The off the field stuff was the biggest reason we got rid of Fowler imo, just like Ramsey

The off the field stuff has to count. Will it stop, lead to more of the same or will it escalate? One guy "refereed" a fight between two women, one of whom had given him a child then he got into a road rage thing with a much older guy and threw the guy's groceries (including beer!) into a lake.

You don't throw a guy's beer into a lake.

I'll take "Unstable" for $1000 Alex. Right move, IMO.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-21-2019, 06:50 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(10-21-2019, 06:39 AM)rocdee Wrote: Lol at giving him an ankle injury now. You guys are ridiculous trying to explain away.

A 3rd RD pick playing better than his draft position since he arrived is overrated now? Got it.

There was a reported ankle injury earlier this year. He's been arguably our most consistent rusher since Brackens.

Go get some coffee man. Too early for this [BLEEP] with you. You and Ihaunting Ghosts or w/e his name is must be roomates.

There's no safe space for you here, bro. You're going to have to deal with different views.

You dont get 30 sacks in a three year stretch by accident (let alone your first three years in the league). Why would you put more relevance on a 6 game sample where he has been battling injuries vs a 48 game sample? Anointing him overrated based on that isn't sound logic.

(10-21-2019, 07:07 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The off the field stuff was the biggest reason we got rid of Fowler imo, just like Ramsey
I'm shocked you have this take.

Fowler never really learned how to be a pass rusher. He just tries the same stuff over and over again.

They made the right choice- not even close. Yannick needs to get paid soon, because he and Allen will be a force for years to come. Fowler is capable of great games (like yesterday), but he is inconsistent and a head case.