Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Worst Receiving Corps in League?

Allow me to toot my own horn...

I've never believed this... I thought it was foul when I first heard it.

Go ahead.... check my posts lol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-25-2019, 08:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:18 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: Right. Which led to us getting a RTP penalty to keep things moving at least. Even with getting pressured though the ball wasn't too far off at all

Yeah. Minshew and Lee were either not on the same page or Minshew's hurried throw was ~2 feet off. Lee had made his brek to the inside toward the seam and Minshew threw it as if he were going to break outside - two feet or so behind where it would have been "in stride."  Given the pressure that Minshew saw coming from Correa, it's not a stretch to assume the rookie made a hurried decision on the receiver's intended break and/or a poor throw.  

Would have been an amazing play had they pulled it off under that kind of pressure. Lee probably takes that one to the house.

It's a good play by Minshew.  He had literally a split second to find a target and get the throw off.  Most rookie QBs (and a lot of veterans) just pull the ball in and take the sack in that situation.

(09-25-2019, 09:11 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:30 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Yeah. Minshew and Lee were either not on the same page or Minshew's hurried throw was ~2 feet off. Lee had made his brek to the inside toward the seam and Minshew threw it as if he were going to break outside - two feet or so behind where it would have been "in stride."  Given the pressure that Minshew saw coming from Correa, it's not a stretch to assume the rookie made a hurried decision on the receiver's intended break and/or a poor throw.  

Would have been an amazing play had they pulled it off under that kind of pressure. Lee probably takes that one to the house.

It's a good play by Minshew.  He had literally a split second to find a target and get the throw off.  Most rookie QBs (and a lot of veterans) just pull the ball in and take the sack in that situation.
Agreed

(09-20-2019, 11:30 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:21 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. 

An entire season on the negative side???? 

You mean a season with Bortles and Kessler giving Chark a combined 37 targets? 
LOL
Glad you thought you were able to figure out something from that. 

One of my biggest gripes in this debate has been “let’s see what happens when a QB is hitting these guys in the numbers” and you downplayed the [BLEEP] out of it.

And it's been less than 20 targets now. I get why everyone would want to rush to confirm their biases, but let's just wait and make sure this isn't another Mike Thomas situation.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Jaguars/status/1...37473?s=20

When given time you will see QB completions and WR receptions improve. Just like a better pass rush makes your DBs better.
BB5 spent most of 2018 on his [BLEEP] or running for his life.

(10-03-2019, 12:03 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: When given time you will see QB completions and WR receptions improve.  Just like a better pass rush makes your DBs better.
Well you left out that when Blake was given time, he still sucked.

Some of the takes early in this thread are quite comical
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Here's the thing on DJ Chark's improvement.
If you break it down into four elements:

Hands
Route Running
Body Control
Ball Tracking

Then he showed ability in three of the four last season.
He's improved markedly in the Hands dept.
He's improved some in the route running area. (it wasn't that bad last year)
The other two areas were already impressive as a rookie.

This is why it wasn't tough for me to say "here's a rookie that dropped some passes but showed upside" after last season.
Meanwhile, half of this board (and fanbase) dogged on the kid.

(10-03-2019, 02:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(10-03-2019, 12:03 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: When given time you will see QB completions and WR receptions improve.  Just like a better pass rush makes your DBs better.
Well you left out that when Blake was given time, he still sucked.

I was taught to not speak ill of the dead; Blake is just a bad memory.

(10-06-2019, 11:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/bigdavis813/status/1...79520?s=20

Very possibly.

The only problem is what's the order now? 

Westbrook 
Chark
Conley
Lee
Cole

Good problem to have tho.

I’ll eat crow even if I never said it on Chark. Dude seemed to have stone hands early on his career and little production in college. It was all about the measurables during the draft. If you had me vote offensive MVP it’d be hard not choosing him over Minshew. For every great play minshew has, Chark is right there with an unbelievable catch.

(10-06-2019, 11:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 11:05 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: https://twitter.com/bigdavis813/status/1...79520?s=20

Very possibly.

Westbrook 
Chark
Conley
Lee
Cole

I've never really cared about the depth chart when it comes to receivers.  They typically have varying skill-sets and as long as the OC can utilize them accordingly, I couldn't care less about any ranking. 

The official stat line today for DJ "just a guy" Chark was:

8 catches on 11 targets for 164 yards and two TD

If you're pressed to name a #1 - that's your guy.

Chark is currently 5th in the league in Receiving yards (485), 2nd in the league in TD receptions (5) and 1st in the league of catches for 20 yards or more (10).

Should have more as well, considering that TD was taken away from him vs Denver because of Cam Robinson.

This entire thread needs to be erased. I love the 1-2 punch of Chark and Westbrook. This is the best receiving core we've had in years. If we only had a decent TE to add with them and an upgraded O-Line, our passing game would be unstoppable.

Chark has made at least 1 wow catch in every game so far. 

He big. He fast. He good.

(10-07-2019, 12:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Chark has made at least 1 wow catch in every game so far. 

Yup, he flashed a little of that speed and ability to track the deep ball last season, but I don't think anybody expected him to show off those hands and body control like he has this season. Both of which have been flat out incredible. Hes shown that rare ability to win in multiple ways so far through 4 games.

Minshew to Chark and Dede could be a real trio for years to come. It's going to be fun watching those 3 continue to grow together as the season/years go on.

Man, do I want to see Josh Oliver get healthy and get on the field. If we can get a solid threat at TE, this Offense could really pose some problems for teams.

(10-07-2019, 01:12 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 12:53 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: Chark has made at least 1 wow catch in every game so far. 

Yup, he flashed a little of that speed and ability to track the deep ball last season, but I don't think anybody expected him to show off those hands and body control like he has this season. Both of which have been flat out incredible. Hes shown that rare ability to win in multiple ways so far through 4 games.

Minshew to Chark and Dede could be a real trio for years to come. It's going to be fun watching those 3 continue to grow together as the season/years go on.

Man, do I want to see Josh Oliver get healthy and get on the field. If we can get a solid threat at TE, this Offense could really pose some problems for teams.

Yeah I thought he'd turn out decent perhaps but he looks Downright awesome so far.

(10-06-2019, 11:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 11:10 PM)JagFan81 Wrote: Very possibly.

Westbrook 
Chark
Conley
Lee
Cole

I've never really cared about the depth chart when it comes to receivers.  They typically have varying skill-sets and as long as the OC can utilize them accordingly, I couldn't care less about any ranking. 

I've never called him just a guy. I like our WRs. I'm not saying the depth chart is hugely important, just not sure where we would rank them. The good thing is we can move any of those players outside or in the slot and get them favourable matchups like Charks first TD today

Dede is still getting a lot of D's attention which is giving Chark the chance. The WR group has been easily our best unit so far.

(10-07-2019, 01:32 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(10-06-2019, 11:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I've never really cared about the depth chart when it comes to receivers.  They typically have varying skill-sets and as long as the OC can utilize them accordingly, I couldn't care less about any ranking. 

I've never called him just a guy. I like our WRs. I'm not saying the depth chart is hugely important, just not sure where we would rank them. The good thing is we can move any of those players outside or in the slot and get them favourable matchups like Charks first TD today

Dede is still getting a lot of D's attention which is giving Chark the chance. The WR group has been easily our best unit so far.

Agreed on all points. (The snark wasn't directed your way)