Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftists’ D.C. ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Protests a Bust

Trump's Ukraine call transcript: Read the document
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-...e-document
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 10:35 AM by B2hibry.)

(09-25-2019, 10:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:15 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Memo released with no reference to withholding monies. Imagine that. But, in the vain of projectionism, three Dem Senators sure did back in May 2018:
https://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/media...gation.pdf

Dems already started moving the goal posts last night. AOC and her crew are going to be bouncing around like Yosemite Same this morning.
Yeah, because this was not a direct voice recording, the loons are convinced there is more and must have hearings. Not that they really care about a transcript anyways. "No one is above the law!" In any case, this is not an impeachable issue and is a nothing burger meant to get the left to foam at the mouth. If they (House) want to further investigate, they are going to find that their side has been complicit since 2014 and a handfull of Dems will go down.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-25-2019, 10:34 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:22 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Dems already started moving the goal posts last night. AOC and her crew are going to be bouncing around like Yosemite Same this morning.
Yeah, because this was not a direct voice recording, the loons are convinced there is more and must have hearings. Not that they really care about a transcript anyways. "No one is above the law!" In any case, this is not an impeachable issue and is a nothing burger meant to get the left to foam at the mouth. If they (House) want to further investigate, they are going to find that their side has been complicit since 2014 and a handfull of Dems will go down.

Like I said earlier, this is probably going to knock Handsy Uncle Joe out of the race and the far left will be glad it happened.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-25-2019, 10:26 AM)The Drifter Wrote: Trump's Ukraine call transcript: Read the document
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-...e-document

So, no mention of withholding $ in exchange for an investigation of the Bidens?

Got it. Next....

Listening to these blowhards playing the Constitutional card over and over again has a sick and twisted irony. But, the left will lap it up without zero thought. I wonder if they even realize this is a Constitutional right of the POTUS with further responsibility for Foreign Aid scrutiny assigned by Congress.

(09-25-2019, 10:51 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Listening to these blowhards playing the Constitutional card over and over again has a sick and twisted irony. But, the left will lap it up without zero thought. I wonder if they even realize this is a Constitutional right of the POTUS with further responsibility for Foreign Aid scrutiny assigned by Congress.

Not just a right, but an actual duty. He should immediately instruct the DOJ to open a corruption investigation on Obama, Hillary and the Bidens.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-25-2019, 10:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:51 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Listening to these blowhards playing the Constitutional card over and over again has a sick and twisted irony. But, the left will lap it up without zero thought. I wonder if they even realize this is a Constitutional right of the POTUS with further responsibility for Foreign Aid scrutiny assigned by Congress.

Not just a right, but an actual duty. He should immediately instruct the DOJ to open a corruption investigation on Obama, Hillary and the Bidens.
If the House is opening an official impeachment inquiry with this situation as the foundation, you can bet those three will be the flashing beacon. My understanding is that the DOJ has already been looking into this Ukraine situation for some time now. I think a majority think this Ukraine matter is just a week old.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 11:37 AM by jj82284.)

(09-25-2019, 10:58 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 10:54 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Not just a right, but an actual duty. He should immediately instruct the DOJ to open a corruption investigation on Obama, Hillary and the Bidens.
If the House is opening an official impeachment inquiry with this situation as the foundation, you can bet those three will be the flashing beacon. My understanding is that the DOJ has already been looking into this Ukraine situation for some time now. I think a majority think this Ukraine matter is just a week old.

Exactly.  This is why the idea of a subordinate officer whistleblowing on the president of the United States is absurd. The president is at the height of all chains of security clearance. He has access to briefings memoranda and evidence from the doj and other intelligence agencies that no other officer in the United States government has. Just because Joe Biden is a potential political rival that does not anesthetize him from any potential prosecution or investigation from the administration that doesn't share his ideology. If the request for investigation was predicated on a reasonable or probable cause standard by supporting evidence than the idea of establishing a corrupt intent is asinine to the point of sheer ridiculousness.

So, he starts out the conversation with the President of the Ukraine by reminding him of how generous the US has been. Then Trump asks him to investigate Trump's political opponents, specifically Joe Biden. He asks him to speak to Rudy Giuliani about it, who is not a government official. Giuliani is Trump's private attorney.

And then, he suggests that the Ukrainians call the US Attorney General about the matter, which if they had done that would have set up the inevitable Fox News headline: "Ukrainians call US Attorney General Asking for Help Investigating Biden Corruption."

He's basically asking a foreign government for help in the US Presidential election. Spin it any way you want, but that's what it looks like.

The demise of creepy Joe has begun. Many on the left will be happy, many will be sad. Trump will laugh all the way to a second term.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 12:26 PM by mikesez.)

(09-25-2019, 09:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 08:16 AM)mikesez Wrote: My mistake.  B2 said it, not you.

Yes, I said they are corrupt, and their Presidential elections have been fraudulent. This is not a secret. Russia or the U.S....political candidates are influenced to go where the money is. Obama did nothing to stop annexation because they thought they could just buy out Ukraine. I find it odd that you will immediately support the notion that Trump used Russia to influence 2016 election, is attempting to politicize Ukraine for personal gain, yet in the same breath say that you don't believe the U.S. has influenced Ukraine politically and elections are above board. You also believe the Biden corruption was completely legal. When does this begin to sound silly and you stop chasing your tail?

I haven't actually said all the things that you seem to remember me saying.
Trump did ask Russia to hack Hillary's old e-mails, perhaps as a joke, but they did at that moment hack her new emails, clearly expecting some consideration in return.  
They continued to reach out trying to get those favors -sanctions lifted regarding Crimea and Magnitsky, and cooperation in Syria, and Flynn took their call and then tried to lie about it.  
I am completely okay with the US trying to influence Ukraine or any other country as part of a coordinated effort in pursuit of a national interest. Even though we may be influencing Ukraine, their elections could still be free and fair. Just like Russia tried to influence us, and may have successfully changed some of the voters' minds, but our election was still free and fair. I am not okay with the president freelancing to hurt a political rival.  Now is that actually what he did? I'll have to look at the transcript.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(09-25-2019, 12:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, he starts out the conversation with the President of the Ukraine by reminding him of how generous the US has been.  Then Trump asks him to investigate Trump's political opponents, specifically Joe Biden.   He asks him to speak to Rudy Giuliani about it, who is not a government official.  Giuliani is Trump's private attorney.  

And then, he suggests that the Ukrainians call the US Attorney General about the matter, which if they had done that would have set up the inevitable Fox News headline: "Ukrainians call US Attorney General Asking for Help Investigating Biden Corruption."  

He's basically asking a foreign government for help in the US Presidential election.  Spin it any way you want, but that's what it looks like.

...he's asking them to correctly investigate a liar. How do you know Joe Biden is lying? His mouth is moving.

(09-25-2019, 12:24 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 09:23 AM)B2hibry Wrote: Yes, I said they are corrupt, and their Presidential elections have been fraudulent. This is not a secret. Russia or the U.S....political candidates are influenced to go where the money is. Obama did nothing to stop annexation because they thought they could just buy out Ukraine. I find it odd that you will immediately support the notion that Trump used Russia to influence 2016 election, is attempting to politicize Ukraine for personal gain, yet in the same breath say that you don't believe the U.S. has influenced Ukraine politically and elections are above board. You also believe the Biden corruption was completely legal. When does this begin to sound silly and you stop chasing your tail?

I haven't actually said all the things that you seem to remember me saying.
Trump did ask Russia to hack Hillary's old e-mails, perhaps as a joke, but they did at that moment hack her new emails, clearly expecting some consideration in return.  
They continued to reach out trying to get those favors -sanctions lifted regarding Crimea and Magnitsky, and cooperation in Syria, and Flynn took their call and then tried to lie about it.  
I am completely okay with the US trying to influence Ukraine or any other country as part of a coordinated effort in pursuit of a national interest. Even though we may be influencing Ukraine, their elections could still be free and fair. Just like Russia tried to influence us, and may have successfully changed some of the voters' minds, but our election was still free and fair. I am not okay with the president freelancing to hurt a political rival.  Now is that actually what he did? I'll have to look at the transcript.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fnicershoes.com%2Fwp-con...f=1&nofb=1]

Hypocrites: Senate Dems Sent Letter Pressuring Ukraine To Investigate Trump In May 2018

If you have not learned by now, virtually every Conservative "scandal" in recent memory has been nothing more than leftists projecting their own personal problems onto their political opponents.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymea...V34wfeW-mc
You know trouble is right around the corner when your best friend tells you to hold his beer!!

(09-25-2019, 12:15 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: So, he starts out the conversation with the President of the Ukraine by reminding him of how generous the US has been.  Then Trump asks him to investigate Trump's political opponents, specifically Joe Biden.   He asks him to speak to Rudy Giuliani about it, who is not a government official.  Giuliani is Trump's private attorney.  

He's basically asking a foreign government for help in the US Presidential election.  Spin it any way you want, but that's what it looks like.

That's not exactly correct if you actually read the transcript. [/url].

President Trump talked about how the European nations should be doing more to help Ukraine.  He does point out that the United States does a lot for Ukraine and has been very good to them yet it hasn't exactly been reciprocal.

He then points out that there may be some important information regarding the 2016 election (prior to/during) in Ukraine, and he specifically mentioned [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrowdStrike]Crowdstrike
.  This is all related to the hacking of the DNC and also ties into Hillary Clinton's email server and the fake dossier that she purchased.

In response the Ukrainian President acknowledged the situation and he mentioned first Giuliani when saying that one of his assistants had spoken with him and that he hopes that they can speak further.  President Trump agreed then mentioned about the prosecutor that was fired and how Joe Biden bragged about having a hand in it.  He also talked about the former ambassador from Ukraine to the U.S. and how she was "bad news".  The Ukrainian President agreed.

There is nothing in there that shows or proves that President Trump is "asking a foreign government for help in the US Presidential election".

It's another big nothing-burger just like the Mueller report/investigation.

Spin it however you and much of the MSM want, there is nothing in there that is an "impeachable offense".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 09-25-2019, 03:06 PM by The Real Marty.)

(09-25-2019, 02:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

That's not exactly correct if you actually read the transcript. [/url].

President Trump talked about how the European nations should be doing more to help Ukraine.  He does point out that the United States does a lot for Ukraine and has been very good to them yet it hasn't exactly been reciprocal.

He then points out that there may be some important information regarding the 2016 election (prior to/during) in Ukraine, and he specifically mentioned [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrowdStrike]Crowdstrike
.  This is all related to the hacking of the DNC and also ties into Hillary Clinton's email server and the fake dossier that she purchased.

In response the Ukrainian President acknowledged the situation and he mentioned first Giuliani when saying that one of his assistants had spoken with him and that he hopes that they can speak further.  President Trump agreed then mentioned about the prosecutor that was fired and how Joe Biden bragged about having a hand in it.  He also talked about the former ambassador from Ukraine to the U.S. and how she was "bad news".  The Ukrainian President agreed.

There is nothing in there that shows or proves that President Trump is "asking a foreign government for help in the US Presidential election".

Spin it however you and much of the MSM want, there is nothing in there that is an "impeachable offense".

What you are leaving out of the underlined part is the following:  

Trump: "There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great."

That is a direct request to the Ukrainian government to investigate Biden.  

Now, you tell me, why do you think he wants the Ukrainian government to investigate Biden?  It's obvious, he wants the Ukrainians to help him get some dirt on a political opponent.  I can't think of any other reason he would even raise the subject of Joe Biden.  

So the bottom line is, he's asking a foreign government to help him in his campaign.

And if we take the other "Aid being held hostage" angle, even though the POTUS is in his right to do so...The U.S. released $200M in defensive aid on the 20th of July, whereas this phone call took place morning of July 25th. However, there was about $50 million is weaponry on hold temporarily. The same monies lawmakers threatened to withhold. FYI, this pool of money goes back to legislation passed in 2015. Now we have those same lawmakers turning around and stating the White House was out of place to do so. They further scrutinized the fact the White House wants to cut this type of foreign assistance across the board, not just with Ukraine. There is a ton of hypocrisy wrapped up in this little turd nugget. What's good for the goose is not good for the gander apparently.

Let's pretend Biden wasn't trying to win a Dem backing. Okay to let it slide? Why do folks keep ignoring the fact Manafort was heavily scrutinized and charged for this very thing? I applaud Trump for actually doing his job, unlike some people. In the end, it wouldn't be too far fetched to believe this is all about the DNC eliminating Biden like they did Bernie. Seems to be a common play from their scandalous playbook.

(09-25-2019, 03:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 02:49 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: That's not exactly correct if you actually read the transcript. [/url].

What you are leaving out of the underlined part is the following:  

Trump: "There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great."

Now, you tell me, why do you think he wants the Ukrainian government to investigate Biden?  It's obvious, he wants the Ukrainians to help him get some dirt on a political opponent.  I can't think of any other reason he would even raise the subject of Joe Biden.  

So the bottom line is, he's asking a foreign government to help him in his campaign.

Perhaps because the whole thing was corrupt?  It happened while Joe Biden was Vice President and there is video tape of Biden bragging about doing it.  Really, do you think that Joe Biden ever had a legitimate chance to be the democrat nominee?  Is he really a "threat" in the upcoming election?

The actual bottom line is that he's getting to the bottom of the corruption of the previous administration.  You know... draining the swamp.  It has nothing to do with his campaign.

Let me ask you this.  Was what was done by the Bidens acceptable?  More specifically the then Vice President using his position pressuring a government for his own (in this case his family's) personal gain?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(09-25-2019, 03:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(09-25-2019, 03:03 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: What you are leaving out of the underlined part is the following:  

Perhaps because the whole thing was corrupt?  It happened while Joe Biden was Vice President and there is video tape of Biden bragging about doing it.  Really, do you think that Joe Biden ever had a legitimate chance to be the democrat nominee?  Is he really a "threat" in the upcoming election?

The actual bottom line is that he's getting to the bottom of the corruption of the previous administration.  You know... draining the swamp.  It has nothing to do with his campaign.

Let me ask you this.  Was what was done by the Bidens acceptable?  More specifically the then Vice President using his position pressuring a government for his own (in this case his family's) personal gain?

Mikesez told us that Uncle Joe had no personal reasons to do that, it was all about the good of the Nation, but that Trump would only do such a thing for personal reasons, not the good of the Nation. See, it's all about "who" is doing the talking whether or not it's a crime. We call that Cognitive Yoga.