Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leftists’ D.C. ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Protests a Bust

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2019, 08:49 PM by mikesez.)

(12-11-2019, 06:34 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(12-11-2019, 05:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: The guys who are alleged to have said it were subpoenaed but refused to appear.
If Pompeo et al never gave such orders, why not testify saying so?  
If you agree that asking Ukraine to read a campaign statement on fox news is wrong, what is the remedy?

So, no evidence of anything other than "witnesses" testifying that they "thought" or "felt" that others were trying to do this.

Refusing to appear in a kangaroo proceeding is not a crime.  Your democrats changed the rules and limited the "defendant" from calling and/or interviewing their own witnesses.  There was never any testimony of anyone giving orders to push the government of Ukraine to "make a campaign statement" on FOX news.

Other than here I have not heard of one of you leftists claim that anyone was "asking Ukraine to read a campaign statement on fox news".

This all stems from a phone call where The President mentioned looking into corruption regarding the 2016 election to the new President of Ukraine.  How you and other leftists come up with him "asking Ukraine to read a campaign statement on FOX news" is beyond me.

Again, provide a source for your information fantasy.

If someone is guilty of a crime, they belong in jail.
If someone has breached trust, or acted in bad faith, they deserve to be excluded from the public trust but not necessarily be in jail.

I hope this is obvious to you.
because the leap that you and people like you keep on making is  "it's not a crime if..." I never said it was a crime. Pompeo may have done nothing wrong. But he needs to testify. So does Bolton. You can't fault the case for lacking evidence and then turn around and say Pompeo doesn't need to testify. If the evidence that we have is somewhere between "probable cause" and "beyond a reasonable doubt", the door needs to be as open as possible to finding better evidence.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Messages In This Thread
homebiscuit - by homebiscuit - 10-21-2019, 02:19 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 10-21-2019, 03:11 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by TrivialPursuit - 10-21-2019, 03:36 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by mikesez - 10-21-2019, 07:15 PM
RE: homebiscuit - by nejagsfan - 10-22-2019, 08:54 PM
RE: Leftists’ D.C. ‘Impeach Donald Trump’ Protests a Bust - by mikesez - 12-11-2019, 08:26 PM