Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cognitive dissonance and Expectations

I have to believe that the game is a direct result of being out-coached and lack of preseason participation. Playing zone I believe is more difficult than man to man, and the lack of preseason gameplay was a direct result of the secondary poor play Sunday. Khan put pressure on the head coach to come up with a plan to prevent injuries Marrone did just that. Hine sight is twenty-twenty but Marrone himself was concerned with the outcome of not playing starters in the preseason, turns out his concern was validated. One issue that lands directly in Dougs lap are the constant immature penalties that seem to continue year after year. Its time for Marrone to put a stop to the constant trash talk that not only is on every play but to see Jalen standing over a receiver after a nine-yard gain jawing and acting like he stops the player for a loss is just immature and needs to stop. It was the secondary that lost this game and they need to held accountable for it, If they don't show up next weed we will see a repeat of game one. It is getting tiring to support a team that constantly underperforms and goes through coaches year after year and fail to change the team results. I believe we have the players on both sides of the ball to win games but once again we get our butts kicked at home. I'm not ready to call for Marrone's head until I see how the season pans out. If the team gets back on track and starts winning then I will chalk it up to a very poor preseason strategy and poor coaching by Todd Wash who had no answer for Andy's offensive. He might be looking over his shoulder if it continues because his replacement is on the coaching staff. One thing I know for sure after watching the Texans game, if there is not a complete turnaround on the defense we will start the season 0-2 with the tacks licking their chops in anticipation of Thursday nights game.
Just to clarify I do not blame Caldwell.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cognitive dissonance and Expectations - by dennisp3 - 09-10-2019, 10:25 AM