Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is FSU's problem? It's embarrassing...

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 02:44 PM by KingIngram052787.)

(09-18-2019, 02:37 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:49 AM)Mikey Wrote: Ding
Ding
[wait for it]
Ding.

Blame Jimbo.  Common theme.  After all, he shouldn't have settled on recruiting 4 star offensive linemen.  What was he thinking.

2016 Recruiting Class - 4 offensive linemen ranked 4-star 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...ckerson-52

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...lliams-648

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...rnold-1191

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2...h-ball-319

In the meantime, in 2 years, Willie the Recruiting Guru has only been able to land 2 4-star recruits on the OLine.  Also, if you look at the 2020 class, he has about 5 3-stars and 0 4-star offensive linemen.

I'm telling you, it's player development.  Just like the days of Jeff Bowden, where players like Chris Rix were just as good their Freshman year as they were in their Senior year.

It's like you guys just spill out nonsense without really having a clue...

Dickerson has been hurt his whole career and then transferred to Alabama.  He's finally stayed healthy and is doing well there, but the few minutes he played at FSU not being hurt he was clearly our most talented lineman; either way, he barely played due to health.  

Williams is currently starting at LT and seems to be doing fine.

Mike Arnold got beat out at guard this year by a true freshman Dantae Lucas and was severely overrated (recruiting rankings aren't ALWAYS right). 

Josh Ball I'm not sure what happened but he's no longer on the team.  Edit: Ball was kicked off the team for domestic violence issues.

So, of those 4 4 stars, 2 are on the team, one was no good and one is doing well and 2 are off the team.  

With ALL of that said, the offense has not been the problem this year, so I'm not sure why we're harping on the "full" cupboard that was left on the offensive side of the ball.  On defense, I said it's coaching, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to prove claiming I'm sitting here blaming Jimbo.  I think in the one game where we had Jim Leavitt for a few days as an analyst, the defense was actually much better, but still not good (maybe from really really bad to just really bad).  Hopefully that improves, we shall see.

Also, no one is just blaming Jimbo, but Taggart inherited a team that went 6-6 the year before he got there. He has plenty of blame to accept but it's a false narrative that he walked into some team completely filled with superstars; however, I agree he has underachieved with the talent that he was given. We should be able to, at a minimum, make a bowl game.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is FSU's problem? It's embarrassing... - by KingIngram052787 - 09-19-2019, 09:58 AM