Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jaguars QB Nick Foles had plate, screws inserted

Jaguars QB Nick Foles had plate, screws inserted

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001...s-inserted

Jacksonville quarterback Nick Foles won't be on the sidelines today as he cannot travel after undergoing collarbone surgery in which he had a plate and screws utilized.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Good, he should be ready to go on Thursday night.

(09-15-2019, 07:39 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Good, he should be ready to go on Thursday night.

Are you inviting him over for a party or something?

(09-15-2019, 08:00 AM)jags_r_bake Wrote:
(09-15-2019, 07:39 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Good, he should be ready to go on Thursday night.

Are you inviting him over for a party or something?

He has only one arm to resist.

Will be curious if he has plate removed after he's healed. Its not necessary. Typically, there is some discomfort. Most do not want to go through a 2nd procedure.
The plate does reduce clavicular flexibilty. Come on, you know you liked that.

I don't think we can count on Foles to be our franchise guy. Good guy and good in spurts but has a history of injury. I hope I am dead wrong.
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Usually the screw comes after the plate unless you got a freak on your hands

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

(09-15-2019, 12:23 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: I don't think we can count on Foles to be our franchise guy.  Good guy and good in spurts but has a history of injury.   I hope I am dead wrong.

How is it his fault ? I guess a lot of QBs would be injuried if a 310 lb guy lands on top of them with all of his body weight.

Minshew is our QB for the rest of the way. Nick needs to focus on getting healed and giving some of that money back.

(09-15-2019, 05:11 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: Minshew is our QB for the rest of the way. Nick needs to focus on getting healed and giving some of that money back.

If he continues on this track, we definitely have an interesting decision on our hands

(09-15-2019, 12:21 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: Will be curious if he has plate removed after he's healed.  Its not necessary.  Typically, there is some discomfort.  Most do not want to go through a 2nd procedure.
The plate does reduce clavicular flexibilty. Come on, you know you liked that.

Timing would be an issue. Most surgeons want a 1 year of healing before removing the plate, which would be close to the start of the 2020 season. Some of the newer sets allow for fast hearing, but it really depends on how well the callus forms and how good they re-approximated the fracture lines and how comminuted the fracture was.

Wrap some gorilla duct tape around the bones. Good to go.

(09-16-2019, 12:41 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Wrap some gorilla duct tape around the bones.  Good to go.

I mean, I never understood why they didn't just use Mighty Putty to fix broken bones.