Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Positives out of the loss versus Texans

(09-16-2019, 08:50 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-16-2019, 08:44 AM)Upper Wrote: I can only assume the people who consistently make that argument simply don't watch the rest of the NFL. There's no way you can watch the rest of the league and think that our talent level is where it should be for a guy who has spent as much money and had as many high draft picks as Caldwell has.

And if you want to blame coaching, either Gus or Doug, well they're big negative's on Dave's ledger as well.
I think the defensive talent is pretty great but the offense has been behind the ball for the better part of 10 years. The Oline is still awful (I actually really like where Taylor is headed though), Fournette is awful, TE is STILL a weak spot and the QB is average to below average (Even though I'm liking some Minshew).

The issue here is that the coaches/GM/Coughlin are not progressive thinkers. They are stubborn old men who are stuck in their ways. It's the reason they drafted Fournette instead of planning ahead with Watson or Mahomes.

The defense talent is great, but it's still only 2.5 great drafted players (still waiting for Jack to actually get good, as opposed to the FO who likes taking premature victory laps) and mostly high dollar free agents that we don't have the luxury of dipping into anymore. If we're banking on mostly draft only Caldwell to do the heavy lifting from now on we're going to continue being a sinking ship.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Positives out of the loss versus Texans - by Upper - 09-16-2019, 09:22 AM