Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jalen Ramsey has asked for trade (merged)

(09-19-2019, 12:53 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: ...

I'm just sick about the whole thing.  I'm pissed at Ramsey for wanting a trade.  I'm pissed at the team for helping to create an atmosphere where he wants out.

Hear, hear!

Same here. Its crushing and to see the train wreck that has been these first TWO weeks of the season, its killing me. I'm exhausted already.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Jags 30 Titans 10

(09-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm just sick about the whole thing.  I'm pissed at Ramsey for wanting a trade.  I'm pissed at the team for helping to create an atmosphere where he wants out.

Whether we all agree on the particulars, we can certainly agree on this!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-18-2019, 08:13 PM)d4rkman Wrote: https://twitter.com/genefrenette/status/...39584?s=21

Sorry if this was already posted but interesting from Jack. Kind of contradicting himself after supporting Ramsey and then saying more or less he hopes we hold Ramsey hostage.

Um...He is in support of Ramsey because he is the best player on the team and never wants him to leave.....

It's true we have a losing record over the last two seasons. And there are reasons we do.

The largest single reason is injuries. Devastating, season-killing injuries. Based solely on losing our starting O-line last year, there was no way to have a successful season.

Our coaches are average. They have not provided the edge the team needs to compensate for our bad fortune injury-wise. They have not elevated the players sufficiently. But neither are they terrible coaches. We have had terrible coaches. The current staff is far preferable to them.

Our front office is average. They've put together a good roster overall. It has little quality depth and has key holes that different ones of us have complained about over time. But neither is it a terrible front office. We've had a terrible front office before. The current front office is far preferable.

The players haven't executed. By and large, they have the ability to play winning football. But lack of preparation and commitment to detail, lack of maturity, and poor discipline to execute the game plan have led to mediocre results.

As a whole the entire team and organization is not bad. But they are underachieving. There is more than enough blame to go around. And yet we were within a play or two of the Super Bowl 18 months ago with this very organization! And we have significantly upgraded our qb room. But for injuries we should be contending right now. And we're not. Thus the team and the fan base are frustrated.

Don't fire the coach. He needs to get better control of the team and provide better oversight on defense. But no one in the building will do better than him this season. If you want to throw away the season, fire the coach. The end of the season is the appropriate time to evaluate him and make a change if necessary.

Don't trade the player. He's emotional, immature, and selfish. And he is the kind of talent we've seldom if ever had on this team. He is under contract and the team controls his destiny for the next 3 seasons. Stay the course. If you get an offer of two high 1sts and a quality starter at a need position, consider it. Otherwise, keep him and work it out the best we can. His value won't do down (barring severe injury). The end of the season is the appropriate time to evaluate his roster status.

Championship contenders aren't build on cornerbacks. Period. They are a necessary piece. But a team only needs them to be competent, not All Pro, in order to win and contend. Let's keep perspective. Even if we lose Ramsey, we'll be fine so long as we get a competent starter to fill his spot. BUT, we have no need to trade him. Keep him. And let it ride.
Fix the O-Line!

Looks like the Chiefs want him

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 06:57 AM by rfc17.)

(09-18-2019, 11:08 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm just sick about the whole thing.  I'm pissed at Ramsey for wanting a trade.  I'm pissed at the team for helping to create an atmosphere where he wants out.

Unless there is a lot more to the backstory we dont know about, I still don't get the myth that the team created an atmosphere so toxic he just has to leave.  They've bent over backwards to support him since he first got here. Put up with his attitude, let him leave training camp to be his child, lets him spend the offseason away from the team, etc...  What else could they have done to make his life better?  They just dont let him play man coverage as much as he wants?  The team just isnt winning as much as wants them to?  So stupid.

Does he really think any NFL team out there would let him run whatever coverage or defense he wants to on any play he wants?  Of course not.  Every team mixes up coverages.  Not every DB is as good as he is and cant play man to man every play.  Plus it's preposterously stupid to do so as it would make any defense easy to gameplan for.  No matter where he plays, he'll always be playing a mix of man and zone.  if he thinks things will be different elsewhere, he is as dumb as he comes across.  

As far as the team not winning enough, does he think the team isn't trying to win?  Sure the organization has made some stupid decisions and we got hammered with injuries last year, but why do this now two games into the season?  If you didnt like the direction of the organization, do this in the offseason and dont ruin the season for all the teammates you supposedly love.  Did he think this team was beneath him but out of the goodness of his heart was he going to give us one more season?  But now after the starting QB gets knocked out and his secondary got smoked by the Chiefs, he just couldnt handle it anymore cuz he just cares about winning so much?  If only the organization could have lived up to his standards and won for him the first two weeks of the year.  What an immature quitter.  

Again, unless there is far more to the story that we havent heard yet, I dont think the team has done anything to create this atmosphere.  This is just an immature player who doesnt have an ounce of professionalism in him.  If this team didnt win enough for him and he didnt like the direction of the coaches, that's totally understandable but again, do this in the offseason like a professional.  Not two weeks into the season like a primadonna.  Dude is a headcase.  I hope we can find a fair trade within the next couple of days so we're rid of him.

(09-19-2019, 06:56 AM)rfc17 Wrote:

Unless there is a lot more to the backstory we dont know about, I still don't get the myth that the team created an atmosphere so toxic he just has to leave.  They've bent over backwards to support him since he first got here. Put up with his attitude, let him leave training camp to be his child, lets him spend the offseason away from the team, etc...  What else could they have done to make his life better?  They just dont let him play man coverage as much as he wants?  The team just isnt winning as much as wants them to?  So stupid.

Does he really think any NFL team out there would let him run whatever coverage or defense he wants to on any play he wants?  Of course not.  Every team mixes up coverages.  Not every DB is as good as he is and cant play man to man every play.  Plus it's preposterously stupid to do so as it would make any defense easy to gameplan for.  No matter where he plays, he'll always be playing a mix of man and zone.  if he thinks things will be different elsewhere, he is as dumb as he comes across.  

As far as the team not winning enough, does he think the team isn't trying to win?  Sure the organization has made some stupid decisions and we got hammered with injuries last year, but why do this now two games into the season?  If you didnt like the direction of the organization, do this in the offseason and dont ruin the season for all the teammates you supposedly love.  Did he think this team was beneath him but out of the goodness of his heart was he going to give us one more season?  But now after the starting QB gets knocked out and his secondary got smoked by the Chiefs, he just couldnt handle it anymore cuz he just cares about winning so much?  If only the organization could have lived up to his standards and won for him the first two weeks of the year.  What an immature quitter.  

Again, unless there is far more to the story that we havent heard yet, I dont think the team has done anything to create this atmosphere.  This is just an immature player who doesnt have an ounce of professionalism in him.  If this team didnt win enough for him and he didnt like the direction of the coaches, that's totally understandable but again, do this in the offseason like a professional.  Not two weeks into the season like a primadonna.  Dude is a headcase.  I hope we can find a fair trade within the next couple of days so we're rid of him.

Solid post RFC.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

What the hell kind of [BLEEP] clown drops a pick six that would have secured a victory and then the next day cries about " I just want to [BLEEP] win" and requests a trade? Brilliant!!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 07:20 AM by The Real Marty.)

(09-19-2019, 06:32 AM)I am Yoda Wrote: It's true we have a losing record over the last two seasons.  And there are reasons we do.

The largest single reason is injuries.  Devastating, season-killing injuries.  Based solely on losing our starting O-line last year, there was no way to have a successful season.

Our coaches are average.  They have not provided the edge the team needs to compensate for our bad fortune injury-wise.  They have not elevated the players sufficiently.  But neither are they terrible coaches.  We have had terrible coaches.  The current staff is far preferable to them.

Our front office is average.  They've put together a good roster overall.  It has little quality depth and has key holes that different ones of us have complained about over time.  But neither is it a terrible front office.  We've had a terrible front office before.  The current front office is far preferable.

The players haven't executed.  By and large, they have the ability to play winning football.  But lack of preparation and commitment to detail,  lack of maturity, and poor discipline to execute the game plan have led to mediocre results.

As a whole the entire team and organization is not bad.  But they are underachieving.  There is more than enough blame to go around.  And yet we were within a play or two of the Super Bowl 18 months ago with this very organization!  And we have significantly upgraded our qb room.  But for injuries we should be contending right now.  And we're not.  Thus the team and the fan base are frustrated.

Don't fire the coach.  He needs to get better control of the team and provide better oversight on defense.  But no one in the building will do better than him this season.  If you want to throw away the season, fire the coach.  The end of the season is the appropriate time to evaluate him and make a change if necessary.

Don't trade the player.  He's emotional, immature, and selfish.  And he is the kind of talent we've seldom if ever had on this team.  He is under contract and the team controls his destiny for the next 3 seasons.  Stay the course.  If you get an offer of two high 1sts and a quality starter at a need position, consider it.  Otherwise, keep him and work it out the best we can.  His value won't do down (barring severe injury).  The end of the season is the appropriate time to evaluate his roster status.

Championship contenders aren't build on cornerbacks.  Period.  They are a necessary piece.  But a team only needs them to be competent, not All Pro, in order to win and contend.  Let's keep perspective.  Even if we lose Ramsey, we'll be fine so long as we get a competent starter to fill his spot.  BUT, we have no need to trade him.  Keep him.  And let it ride.

Good points.  

Here's my opinion.  The sky is not falling.  Sports are unpredictable.  That's why we like them.  Best case scenario, we win tonight, we patch things up with Ramsey, and go forward.  But trading him, if it's for decent compensation, is hardly a worst case scenario.  

Worst case scenario is, we play Ramsey tonight, he blows out his knee, and we also lose the game.  That's why, if there are serious trade talks going on, I might not play him at all tonight.

(09-19-2019, 07:13 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/...6749586432

And that adds even more to the possibility that he may not play tonight.

https://twitter.com/FOXSports/status/117...5604804609

(09-18-2019, 02:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 02:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Agree. I think the lack of player loyalty to a franchise impacts the emotional connection the common fan has with the team. It is so much more fun when you are a kid and don't understand how the business side of the sport works.
Players should be loyal to a franchise?! Why on earth should a player be loyal to the franchise when they could be cut at the drop of a dime or they get booed off the field?

Andrew Luck retired because he was emotionally and physically beaten by this game and he was downright booed off the field. 

I 100% agree with the bolded part. I haven't bought a jersey since MJD because players change teams all the time. Despite how passionately I want Ramsey to stay, I won't lose any sleep if he is traded. It's professional sports. Joe Montana played for the Chiefs. Favre for the Vikings. Gretzky on numerous teams and Jordan with the Wizards. Players change team and you can't get too invested on a specific player.

And if anyone wants to jump into hockey, come be a Washington Capitals fan!

I am just saying as a kid in the early years, star players seemed to grow old with their franchise and there was more of a sense of loyalty back then.  I grew up a Spurs fan and was able to watch world class superstars in David Robinson and Tim Duncan start and finish their careers with the same franchise. Same with the early days on the Jaguars. 

I know its an unreasonable expectation to expect loyalty from either side, but I guess my main point was the bolded part.

Times have changed.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 08:28 AM by Cleatwood.)

(09-19-2019, 08:02 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 02:40 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Players should be loyal to a franchise?! Why on earth should a player be loyal to the franchise when they could be cut at the drop of a dime or they get booed off the field?

Andrew Luck retired because he was emotionally and physically beaten by this game and he was downright booed off the field. 

I 100% agree with the bolded part. I haven't bought a jersey since MJD because players change teams all the time. Despite how passionately I want Ramsey to stay, I won't lose any sleep if he is traded. It's professional sports. Joe Montana played for the Chiefs. Favre for the Vikings. Gretzky on numerous teams and Jordan with the Wizards. Players change team and you can't get too invested on a specific player.

And if anyone wants to jump into hockey, come be a Washington Capitals fan!

I am just saying as a kid in the early years, star players seemed to grow old with their franchise and there was more of a sense of loyalty back then.  I grew up a Spurs fan and was able to watch world class superstars in David Robinson and Tim Duncan start and finish their careers with the same franchise. Same with the early days on the Jaguars. 

I know its an unreasonable expectation to expect loyalty from either side, but I guess my main point was the bolded part.

Times have changed.
Duncan and Robinson are anomalies. They are also a part of one of the best run franchises in all of sports. The vast majority of players play on multiple teams. Early days Jags? Brunell to the skins. Taylor to the Pats. Keenan to the Bucs. Boselli to the Texans. Players change teams man. Lets not act like this is a new phenomenon.

It’s been happening in Sports forever. This isn’t something new. Elway refused to play for the Colts.

Oh, thanks again Sweet Jalen.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 08:54 AM by D-Money.)

(09-18-2019, 10:44 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Guy sick of losing drops winning pick 6 in tough road game.

Then blames everyone else...

Yeah basically. Dude clearly has maturity issues. He’s going to go somewhere they will certainly play zone at some point, and may even do it frequently. He will probably lose a lot of games because he won’t be staying on a team that has, or needs to sign a top tier quarterback in the next year or two... so he’s either going to wise up, realize this now and play here... or he gets traded and learns the hard way that the nfl has very few teams that win all the time, or end up in the playoffs every year while doing exactly what Jalen wants all the time. So unless he goes to the Chiefs or Patriots, Jalen will still be searching for all those wins he’s craving. And both of those teams would dump him come extension time because his value is probably at or over 100 million for a lengthy contract and they have quarterbacks that already demand a massive salary. This whole debacle makes you wonder if Jalen will ever be happy playing pro football. Dudes needs to grow up or he will never be happy as a pro.

I'm curious to understand how him saying he wants to and dropping a pick 6 does not show that he wants to win? He made the effort to catch the ball and dropped it. 

It is not his job to score points, it is the offenses job to do that. If the defense scores that is a plus. As long as he plays the cornerback position well and locks up or contains every WR that he plays against he has done his job, which he has always done.

I'm starting to think some of the people on here work for the organization and are trying to change the narrative. We are losing point blank period and it is not because of the talent. We are losing because of bad coaching decisions and dumb signings and personnel decisions by the front office.

We all see whats going on and there is no surprise. Jalen is just one of the ones that is speaking on the same thing all of the fans see, we should be happy that he is speaking up. If you pay attention to his issue you would see as well. The front office keeps making everyone a priority by giving out deals to everyone but the best player on the team. What sense does that make? 

Damn near the only person that has proven his worth sense he has been here has not gotten a deal. Even if he is on his rookie deal, lock him down and get it out the way! What else does he have to prove, him and even Yann.

Jalen has said numerous times that he wants to be here but if you never offer him a deal and try to wait him out and the team is getting worse and worse because of the coaching/front office decisions, what option does he have? Especially when he makes suggestions and he keeps getting ignored and those decisions determine the outcome of games and our losing record? 

Yall really have to look at the bigger picture and stop being mad a Jalen because he voices valid opinions. He has never been a cancer in the locker room either, if so why was it never reported or why have we've never seen anyone of his teammates complain or show any type of annoyance with Jalen. 

You really feel like there is an issue with Jalen given that fact that he plays hard and shows up every game. He sells jerseys which equals to income for the team , he gets us media attention because of his play and opinions?

He is the best player on the team and hasn't got paid, we keep losing because of the coaches and the coaches dont listen to people who are on the field that are actually in the game and see the errors. Sometimes you don't have that in a player but when you do, you should make sure you keep him.

(09-19-2019, 08:50 AM)D-Money Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 10:44 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: Yeah basically. Dude clearly has maturity issues. He’s going to go somewhere they will certainly play zone at some point, and may even do it frequently. He will probably lose a lot of games because he won’t be staying on a team that has, or needs to sign a top tier quarterback in the next year or two... so he’s either going to wise up, realize this now and play here... or he gets traded and learns the hard way that the nfl has very few teams that win all the time, or end up in the playoffs every year while doing exactly what Jalen wants all the time. So unless he goes to the Chiefs or Patriots, Jalen will still be searching for all those wins he’s craving. And both of those teams would dump him come extension time because his value is probably at or over 100 million for a lengthy contract and they have quarterbacks that already demand a massive salary. This whole debacle makes you wonder if Jalen will ever be happy playing pro football. Dudes needs to grow up or he will never be happy as a pro.

I'm curious to understand how him saying he wants to and dropping a pick 6 does not show that he wants to win? He made the effort to catch the ball and dropped it. 

It is not his job to score points, it is the offenses job to do that. If the defense scores that is a plus. As long as he plays the cornerback position well and locks up or contains every WR that he plays against he has done his job, which he has always done.

I'm starting to think some of the people on here work for the organization and are trying to change the narrative. We are losing point blank period and it is not because of the talent. We are losing because of bad coaching decisions and dumb signings and personnel decisions by the front office.

We all see whats going on and there is no surprise. Jalen is just one of the ones that is speaking on the same thing all of the fans see, we should be happy that he is speaking up. If you pay attention to his issue you would see as well. The front office keeps making everyone a priority by giving out deals to everyone but the best player on the team. What sense does that make? 

Damn near the only person that has proven his worth sense he has been here has not gotten a deal. Even if he is on his rookie deal, lock him down and get it out the way! What else does he have to prove, him and even Yann.

Jalen has said numerous times that he wants to be here but if you never offer him a deal and try to wait him out and the team is getting worse and worse because of the coaching/front office decisions, what option does he have? Especially when he makes suggestions and he keeps getting ignored and those decisions determine the outcome of games and our losing record? 

Yall really have to look at the bigger picture and stop being mad a Jalen because he voices valid opinions. He has never been a cancer in the locker room either, if so why was it never reported or why have we've never seen anyone of his teammates complain or show any type of annoyance with Jalen. 

You really feel like there is an issue with Jalen given that fact that he plays hard and shows up every game. He sells jerseys which equals to income for the team , he gets us media attention because of his play and opinions?

He is the best player on the team and hasn't got paid, we keep losing because of the coaches and the coaches dont listen to people who are on the field that are actually in the game and see the errors. Sometimes you don't have that in a player but when you do, you should make sure you keep him.

Just a Ramsey sycophant.

Failing to challenge a 3 yard first down play that had little chance of being overturned did not lose the game. Even though he played generally well, Ramsey’s dropped interception arguably did.

There is plenty of blame to go around, including for the selfish, free lancing, prima donna crybaby star cornerback.

It’s both/and, not either/ or.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fix the O-Line!

It's interesting that the only info out continues to come from outside Jacksonville. It's like the local media is asleep at the wheel. J know TC doesn't give out info, but none of them have any info.

Anything coming out is likely not coming from the Jags and therefore is not really trustworthy news.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

(09-18-2019, 05:13 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 02:44 PM)scottyg Wrote: The thing that bothers me as much as anything with this is that Jalen keeps talking about his brothers and saying he's trying to be a good team-mate.  But asking to be traded is the equivalent of abandoning them all.

Wrong. You must not understand the concept of family. I wouldn't want my brother to hate his job. I'd want him to find happiness elsewhere. Which I feel his teammates are the same. They are also adults and men. They know they are responsible for their performance on the field. They like Jalen but they are players too who want to do well if he's there or not. You seem to be the one who feels abandoned. Look to the FO to take responsibility for that.

Poor metaphor.

Now if you and your brother are contractors, and sign a contract to build a new stadium, and you are getting paid several million dollars to get the job done.  Your brother is VERY good at what he does, and you're no slouch, either. About halfway into the project, your brother decides that he'd rather work on building a stadium in a different city, because he doesn't like the way the city or whoever is footing the bill for the stadium decided to do something that doesn't really affect the construction. He's not happy, and he's made sure people know as much.

If your brother walks, you won't get the job done on time, or at the quality level promised when the contract signed. You'll be responsible for picking up his slack or trying to replace his talents, but to get someone caught up to his level may take a few years, or may not even pan out. If the job goes south, your professional reputation takes a hit, too. 

You still cool with your brother leaving you hanging? As long as he's happy, right?

(09-19-2019, 09:13 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 05:13 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: Wrong. You must not understand the concept of family. I wouldn't want my brother to hate his job. I'd want him to find happiness elsewhere. Which I feel his teammates are the same. They are also adults and men. They know they are responsible for their performance on the field. They like Jalen but they are players too who want to do well if he's there or not. You seem to be the one who feels abandoned. Look to the FO to take responsibility for that.

Poor metaphor.

Now if you and your brother are contractors, and sign a contract to build a new stadium, and you are getting paid several million dollars to get the job done.  Your brother is VERY good at what he does, and you're no slouch, either. About halfway into the project, your brother decides that he'd rather work on building a stadium in a different city, because he doesn't like the way the city or whoever is footing the bill for the stadium decided to do something that doesn't really affect the construction. He's not happy, and he's made sure people know as much.

If your brother walks, you won't get the job done on time, or at the quality level promised when the contract signed. You'll be responsible for picking up his slack or trying to replace his talents, but to get someone caught up to his level may take a few years, or may not even pan out. If the job goes south, your professional reputation takes a hit, too. 

You still cool with your brother leaving you hanging? As long as he's happy, right?

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fix the O-Line!