Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zero Vision

(09-19-2019, 05:18 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: For anyone arguing seeing that hole isn't the responsibility of the RB and it's not possible - care to explain how a RB operates in zone blocking?

https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/117...24608?s=19

I'll take "Things Fournette Will Never Do"  for $800, Alex.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looking at overhead game tape != to what the RB sees on the field, especially when the critics use slow motion.  The failed play was on the line, not on the RB.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I wish Fournette had half of MJD’s vision.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 07:19 PM by rpr52121.)

Instead of the standard hand off in shotgun sets, would integrating some the shuffle pass "running plays" add an element that basically forces LF to be more patient and let his blocks develop.

It also gives LF freedom to choose any hole instead of a designed hole. I know it does not allow him to get a head of steam, but he is not doing right now even out of traditional sets.

Minshew has been very accurate and a good decision maker, so I would trust him to not get in trouble with it.

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2019, 09:47 PM by Eric1.)

For all of Fournette's faults, he definitely isn't getting much help/push from the OL. Especially the left side of the OL on this play below.

Norwell has been god awful. Imagine giving this guy $13m per year...

Also Ogbuehi is terrible as well. Way to do absolutely nothing here.

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...2680893440

Norwell needs to get it together. He should be able to do it.

(09-23-2019, 10:59 PM)uthill Wrote: Norwell needs to get it together. He should be able to do it.

He needs to get released, that's what he and the team need.

Cutting Norwell after the season will be 9M dead cap, but only 3M per year. No clue how this guy got all pro. Last year we all gave him a pass for being injured I guess, but man is he terrible. If things don't change dramatically there's no way he is on the team next season. Straight up FA bust.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2019, 01:23 AM by Eric1.)

Norwell looking clueless here (in both plays/clips, but I posted the 1st clip a little bit ago)... 

Will Richardson whiffing and Taylor getting beat (2nd clip)...

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...3290040321

This is the 69 yard run by Fournette..

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...0057263105

Will Richardson whiffs the chip/gets off balance here and misses his block on the LB, which blew this play up. Norwell still looking useless here as well.

https://twitter.com/JaguarMaven/status/1...9904594945

He played his tail off for a contract and now he's on a vacation in Florida.

These running charts make me sad:

[Image: carry-chart_FOU564970_2019-reg-1_1567976372861.jpeg]

[Image: carry-chart_FOU564970_2019-reg-2_1568581454149.jpeg]

[Image: carry-chart_FOU564970_2019-reg-3_1568950185830.jpeg]

(09-24-2019, 03:36 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: These running charts make me sad:

[Image: carry-chart_FOU564970_2019-reg-1_1567976372861.jpeg]

[Image: carry-chart_FOU564970_2019-reg-2_1568581454149.jpeg]

[Image: carry-chart_FOU564970_2019-reg-3_1568950185830.jpeg]
Seems the Jags may need to get him out in space way more often until the interior linemen pull their heads out.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(09-24-2019, 03:52 PM)B2hibry Wrote: Seems the Jags may need to get him out in space way more often until the interior linemen pull their heads out.

Completely agree. I would love to see some tosses or shuffle passes out of odd formations. I also think LF can run some real WR routes. Nothing elaborate, but stop forcing him to have to follow a play design will help him get back to just playing football and running. He is thinking way too much out there instead of just reacting.

There is also no reason their other RB's cannot run some of these plays.

(09-24-2019, 04:18 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: Completely agree. I would love to see some tosses or shuffle passes out of odd formations. I also think LF can run some real WR routes. Nothing elaborate, but stop forcing him to have to follow a play design will help him get back to just playing football and running. He is thinking way too much out there instead of just reacting.

There is also no reason their other RB's cannot run some of these plays.

He actually appeared to do this more in the last game. He tried to react quickly and cut runs outside when the middle wasn't there. He wasn't successful, but he at least looked to find a hole.