Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zero Vision

(09-18-2019, 11:21 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Looks like he was following the guard that was pulling.  Play may have been going to the right and he got flustered.  But amazing he didnt see the gaping hole to his left.

He has been coached to follow the play design. Unfortunately he is unable to process information quickly with his eyes. He cannot see the hole so when the OG doesn't go all the way into the hole, he freezes.

On the 2pt try, there was a huge hole to the right between the TE and RT and he goes left of the C right into the back of the OL. There was a hole there, but he was once again too slow to get to the hole.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Can’t really blame the line anymore. That hole could have for a semi truck

Thats why people should stop blaming the Oline on run plays. There are holes, but Fournette can't see them.

There was the samed videos last season too.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 12:11 PM by knarnn.)

(09-18-2019, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: It boggles the mind the decisions he makes in the backfield.
He found some creases in the KC game 4 or 5 times, and then the following week, this stuff  ^

I hope Flip gets away from his persistence with Fournette soon and starts to work in the other backs. We're not going to get any consistency from a back that can't see wide open running lanes 1/2 the time.

Patience my friend. (The very thing Fournette lacks)

Just wait until Ozigbo gets a chance. Once he busts off a couple of long runs, they are going to have a hard time putting Fournette back in. 

Hopefully we’ll get a few looks before the coaching staff gets canned.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

LF has zero wiggle. He continues to tippy-toe 8nto the holes. He needs to watch Carlois Hyde. He's been such a disappointment,

(09-18-2019, 12:04 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 09:52 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: It boggles the mind the decisions he makes in the backfield.
He found some creases in the KC game 4 or 5 times, and then the following week, this stuff  ^

I hope Flip gets away from his persistence with Fournette soon and starts to work in the other backs. We're not going to get any consistency from a back that can't see wide open running lanes 1/2 the time.

Patience my friend. (The very thing Fournette lacks)

Just wait until Ozigbo gets a chance. Once he busts off a couple of long runs, they are going to have a hard time putting Fournette back in. 

Is Ryquell Armstead ahead of Ozigbo in the depth chart.

If you look at Fournette's LSU highlight videos, all he does is shoot the gap whether a hole is there or not.. There's no hesitation to pick his lane or find the hole.. LSU must have had one hell of a nice O-Line.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Hahahaha that's hilarious

(09-18-2019, 12:12 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: LF has zero wiggle. He continues to tippy-toe 8nto the holes.  He needs to watch Carlois Hyde.  He's been such a disappointment,

The irony, right? Didn't the Jags shell out a 5th for Hyde mid season? Then just let him go?  What was his story again?

Cleared the entire RB room of solid vets!  Our dear FO.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-18-2019, 12:14 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 12:04 PM)knarnn Wrote: Patience my friend. (The very thing Fournette lacks)

Is Ryquell Armstead ahead of Ozigbo in the depth chart.

He is but he’s in the same mold as Fournette. He doesn’t have very much wiggle either. Ozigbo on the other hand...
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Fournette is a bad running back
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We should try to trade him, maybe there is a team dumb enough to give us a 4th or something where we can get a much better RB, or at least one that is not blind.

(09-18-2019, 12:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: We should try to trade him, maybe there is a team dumb enough to give us a 4th or something where we can get a much better RB, or at least one that is not blind.

I could see a needy team giving up a fifth, maybe. 
RB has been devalued unless they are guys that have proven to be successful bell-cows or game breakers. 

In 23 career games Fournette has done either or both of those  ^ things successfully in what, maybe 5 or 6 games? 
I don't see much of a market for that unless there is a GM somewhere inexplicably in love with the guy.

(This post was last modified: 09-18-2019, 01:28 PM by BritJag.)

(09-18-2019, 12:23 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 12:14 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Is Ryquell Armstead ahead of Ozigbo in the depth chart.

He is but he’s in the same mold as Fournette. He doesn’t have very much wiggle either. Ozigbo on the other hand...

So why not make a concerted effort to give these guys some carries? If you purport to be a ball control, 'run first' O, shouldn't you use several backs to attain that feat, and for change of pace/varying running styles purposes, to test Ds?  That's how the top rush O was accomplished in 2017; with Yeldon and Grant chipping in, even when a better-playing Fournette missed several games.

KC game, I get.  It ran away from them; had to play catch up.  Texans game was a defensive stale mate from the onset.  Utilize the other backs since LF was getting stoned.  

Deviating further, the Texans were geared to stop the run anyway, while their backfield appeared vulnerable.  Throw a bit more in that instance, nickel and dime em, loosen things up front, then go over the top here and there.  Could have potentially netted more points faster than in the last two desperation drives when they did just that.  Even in that 2 point conversion, I was convinced that a small roll out and toss to your perimeter guys away from the mass of humanity in the middle could have resulted in a walk in score.  Ah well, moving on.  They are going to win tomorrow, rather tidily I may add, and with conviction.  Go Jags.
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

(09-18-2019, 12:23 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 12:14 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Is Ryquell Armstead ahead of Ozigbo in the depth chart.

If the preseason is any indication, I think Armstead (while in that mold you mention) may be a little bit quicker to see a crease and "get small" into it than LF.  Kind of like MJD used to do, but to a lesser extent of course.

I'd love to see him get some outside zone and stretch play snaps. I think he could rack up some yards that way (based on my opinion of his skillset.)

The sad thing about Fournette is even if his vision was better, his contact balance and agility are still bad.

With better vision he'd be more effective for sure but the other two still limit him. And Im not sure how fixable better vision is.

All of that said, the run blocking has also been poor 2/3 years

(09-18-2019, 01:25 PM)BritJag Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 12:23 PM)knarnn Wrote: He is but he’s in the same mold as Fournette. He doesn’t have very much wiggle either. Ozigbo on the other hand...

So why not make a concerted effort to give these guys some carries? If you purport to be a ball control, 'run first' O, shouldn't you use several backs to attain that feat, and for change of pace/varying running styles purposes, to test Ds?  That's how the top rush O was accomplished in 2017; with Yeldon and Grant chipping in, even when a better-playing Fournette missed several games.

KC game, I get.  It ran away from them; had to play catch up.  Texans game was a defensive stale mate from the onset.  Utilize the other backs since LF was getting stoned.  

Deviating further, the Texans were geared to stop the run anyway, while their backfield appeared vulnerable.  Throw a bit more in that instance, nickel and dime em, loosen things up front, then go over the top here and there.  Could have potentially netted more points faster than in the last two desperation drives when they did just that.  Even in that 2 point conversion, I was convinced that a small roll out and toss to your perimeter guys away from the mass of humanity in the middle could have resulted in a walk in score.  Ah well, moving on.  They are going to win tomorrow, rather tidily I may add, and with conviction.  Go Jags.

That’s a great question. I have no clue why they feel Fournette needs 100% of the carries.

(09-18-2019, 01:08 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 12:56 PM)iHaunting Raven Wrote: We should try to trade him, maybe there is a team dumb enough to give us a 4th or something where we can get a much better RB, or at least one that is not blind.

I could see a needy team giving up a fifth, maybe. 
RB has been devalued unless they are guys that have proven to be successful bell-cows or game breakers. 

In 23 career games Fournette has done either or both of those  ^ things successfully in what, maybe 5 or 6 games? 
I don't see much of a market for that unless there is a GM somewhere inexplicably in love with the guy.

The Colts gave a 1st for Trent Richardson, but yeah, most likely we get a 5th at best...

Oh how I pine for Freddie T and MoJo. Heck give me pre-injury James Stewart at this point.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Ya'll are mis-reading that. This is issue is the Fournette overthought that the hole, not that he didn't see it. Still really bad, though.

He is juking the backfield trying to get the middle LB to commit, instead of just hitting that hole that was probably not the initial play design. By the time he has "juked" and realized he didn't force the LB to commit, though he lost his advantage and moved too far upfield, so he has no space to avoid the other LB and his pulling lineman making a secondary block.

He should either just hit that hole full out, assuming he will a) break the tackle or b) out run the LB; or stay back moving lateral to the line with more patience to let the pulling lineman finish his block and try to break the tackle of the safety/secondary guy off to the side.