Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Zero Vision

(09-18-2019, 08:37 PM)jaglyn Wrote: He ran right into the wall

Maybe he forgot he had the rock, and thought he was supposed to be blocking

Proof that walls DO work.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-18-2019, 11:21 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Looks like he was following the guard that was pulling. Play may have been going to the right and he got flustered. But amazing he didnt see the gaping hole to his left.

I disagree that the hole was "gaping" the LB is crashing down, had he planted and tryed to cut it up into the A gap he would've been met by the LB for at most a single yard more than what he got on the play. Now if the pulling guard and Cann actually execute/finish their blocks he's sprung to the 2nd level without anyone on the Texans that has a prayer of catching him before a chunk gain and a new set of downs.

It's a "Power O" type play, also known as a "Blast" Fournette's job is to follow the pulling guard, and then hit the crease he creates in the right side B-Gap .. he does that, the Oline doesn't block. To use this play as an example of "lack of vision" is asinine, love it when people who have never played organized football in their lives try and criticize like they have a clue what's actually going on X's & O's wise.
Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

(09-18-2019, 09:49 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:21 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Looks like he was following the guard that was pulling.  Play may have been going to the right and he got flustered.  But amazing he didnt see the gaping hole to his left.

I disagree that the hole was "gaping" the LB is crashing down, had he planted and tryed to cut it up into the A gap he would've been met by the LB for at most a single yard more than what he got on the play. Now if the pulling guard and Cann actually execute/finish their blocks he's sprung to the 2nd level without anyone on the Texans that has a prayer of catching him before a chunk gain and a new set of downs.

It's a "Power O" type play, also known as a "Blast" Fournette's job is to follow the pulling guard, and then hit the crease he creates in the right side B-Gap .. he does that, the Oline doesn't block. To use this play as an example of "lack of vision" is asinine, love it when people who have never played organized football in their lives try and criticize like they have a clue what's actually going on X's & O's wise.

Yes we get it, we have the second coming of trent Richardson on our hands.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 06:09 AM by TheBigDawg.)

Can you imagine the moans, groans and giggles in the film review room when that play is shown?
Hahaha.
Signature goes here.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 07:05 AM by SeldomRite.)

(09-19-2019, 06:09 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: Can you imagine the moans, groans and giggles in the film review room when that play is shown?
Hahaha.

What are you talking about? Knowing how this coaching staff has been they probably gave him an atta-boy for going where the play was designed and keeping good eye discipline.  Sick

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 07:44 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Bench/trade Fournette lol. His rookie year he outruns everyone for a long TD. He is way too ginger running the ball now. Not a franchise RB. We'd be singing a different tune about everything if we had converted that 2 pt play. Game of inches. I mean you can replay any game in slow motion and arm chair every game to death.
No pain, no gain.

(09-19-2019, 06:09 AM)TheBigDawg Wrote: Can you imagine the moans, groans and giggles in the film review room when that play is shown?
Hahaha.

Does this team even watch film?
No pain, no gain.

(09-19-2019, 07:44 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote:
Hahaha.

Does this team even watch film?

Doesn't seem like it.

(09-18-2019, 04:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: "Fans" or other people like to evaluate what a player does or doesn't do looking at television footage.  Put yourself down on the field and go at real-time speed and see what you see from his vantage point.  Opinions might be different then.  Yes the hole was "there", but that's not necessarily what the player sees on the field.

Pretty much.  By definition, the way a play is designed, the hole is supposed to be where the RB runs to  Unfortunately gaps in talent along the line or defensive adjustment to the gaps interferes with the best-case scenarios.

(09-19-2019, 09:36 AM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 04:54 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: "Fans" or other people like to evaluate what a player does or doesn't do looking at television footage.  Put yourself down on the field and go at real-time speed and see what you see from his vantage point.  Opinions might be different then.  Yes the hole was "there", but that's not necessarily what the player sees on the field.

Pretty much.  By definition, the way a play is designed, the hole is supposed to be where the RB runs to  Unfortunately gaps in talent along the line or defensive adjustment to the gaps interferes with the best-case scenarios.

I don't really even understand this argument by JIB.. yes I get what he's saying, but Fournette was drafted top 5 in the first round and is supposed to basically be our star player on offense. He should be adjusting to that real time. I'm sorry but I don't buy the argument that well the play is designed for this so that's what happens.. a real RB with vision adjusts just like a QB would when he scrambles to make plays. Period.

(09-18-2019, 09:49 PM)Firesky Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 11:21 AM)rfc17 Wrote: Looks like he was following the guard that was pulling.  Play may have been going to the right and he got flustered.  But amazing he didnt see the gaping hole to his left.

I agree with you on the play design and intent. I don't agree with you that he shouldn't have hit that A gap left of center. 
It's not an uncommon improvisation from better backs to exploit such a hole.

(09-19-2019, 09:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-18-2019, 09:49 PM)Firesky Wrote: I disagree that the hole was "gaping" the LB is crashing down, had he planted and tryed to cut it up into the A gap he would've been met by the LB for at most a single yard more than what he got on the play. Now if the pulling guard and Cann actually execute/finish their blocks he's sprung to the 2nd level without anyone on the Texans that has a prayer of catching him before a chunk gain and a new set of downs.

I agree with you on the play design and intent. I don't agree with you that he shouldn't have hit that A gap left of center. 

yeah Freddy T was the king of cutting back against the flow to the open hole.

(09-19-2019, 09:43 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 09:42 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: I agree with you on the play design and intent. I don't agree with you that he shouldn't have hit that A gap left of center. 

yeah Freddy T was the king of cutting back against the flow to the open hole.

Thank you.. no coach is going to scold their RB from improvising to make a much better gain if it's that obvious he should have.

(09-19-2019, 09:47 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 09:43 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: yeah Freddy T was the king of cutting back against the flow to the open hole.

Thank you.. no coach is going to scold their RB from improvising to make a much better gain if it's that obvious he should have.

The better RB coaches will instruct backs to look for secondary gaps based on the tendencies of the defensive line they are facing.

Hope LF enjoys his last season with the Jags, It can't come soon enough.

(09-19-2019, 09:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 09:47 AM)Tyler1Reformed Wrote: Thank you.. no coach is going to scold their RB from improvising to make a much better gain if it's that obvious he should have.

The better RB coaches will instruct backs to look for secondary gaps based on the tendencies of the defensive line they are facing.

I didn't know this, but it definitely makes sense. I guess if you really think about it, how could this not be the case when you should know all along that plays don't always work out the way they're supposed to.

wrong thread - oops

(09-19-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: wrong thread - oops

The equivalent of #27 running head-first into the left guard's backside

(09-19-2019, 04:19 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(09-19-2019, 10:00 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: wrong thread - oops

The equivalent of #27 running head-first into the left guard's backside

Banana

For anyone arguing seeing that hole isn't the responsibility of the RB and it's not possible - care to explain how a RB operates in zone blocking?

https://twitter.com/grantcohn/status/117...24608?s=19