Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bryan gets a sack, Smoot gets 1.5, Josh Allen 2.5 and...

Ngakoue still can't get one lol, but still wants top money.  Laughing

Smoot looking much better than before.

We should trade Ngakoue too.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2019, 11:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Bryan got 1.5 or 2

(09-19-2019, 11:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bryan got 1.5 or 2

They said during the game that he had 2 for the night.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

What a sack fest!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Bryan has arrived. He is looking better and better each game and slowly getting more playing time. Im ready to see them start him over Jones

Hopefully Sacksonville is back!

Smoot, gonna be a great youtube video when he makes episode 2.

(09-19-2019, 11:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Bryan has arrived.  He is looking better and better each game and slowly getting more playing time.  Im ready to see them start him over Jones

I feel like he had to learn to stay on his feet. He was diving so much in the preseason when he coulda just kept running. We liking the progress
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Mariota should be credited with at least 2 and Conklin also got one.
No pain, no gain.

Since we're gonna being saving money by trading Ramsey, I would immediately get on the phone with Calais Campbell's agent to restructure and extend his contract for the next 3 years. He deserves it. Old guy or not, we need Campbell.

(09-20-2019, 12:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Since we're gonna being saving money by trading Ramsey, I would immediately get on the phone with Calais Campbell's agent to restructure and extend his contract for the next 3 years. He deserves it. Old guy or not, we need Campbell.

I'm great with his current contract.

Honestly what makes tonight amazing is Campbell did it from the inside with Yan and Allen on the outside. Is there anyone in the league this versatile? Guy is literally amazing. He was all over Watson last week too. I think he is getting reaaaaal comfortable playing DT now.

Allen was always the second guy there, that kid is sick. I love Yan, but man... Allen is just another world of talent.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 12:47 AM by jaguarmvp.)

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201909190...2019091900

Allen got 2 sacks, Bryan had 1, Smoot had 2, Campell had 3,Dareus and Jacobs split a sack
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-20-2019, 12:40 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Honestly what makes tonight amazing is Campbell did it from the inside with Yan and Allen on the outside. Is there anyone in the league this versatile? Guy is literally amazing. He was all over Watson last week too. I think he is getting reaaaaal comfortable playing DT now.

Allen was always the second guy there, that kid is sick. I love Yan, but man... Allen is just another world of talent.

Allen is the real deal.

(09-20-2019, 12:49 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 12:40 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Honestly what makes tonight amazing is Campbell did it from the inside with Yan and Allen on the outside. Is there anyone in the league this versatile? Guy is literally amazing. He was all over Watson last week too. I think he is getting reaaaaal comfortable playing DT now.

Allen is the real deal.

Here's GM Dog Catcher's plan to turn the Jags into a very well-rounded Super Bowl contender next year.

Approve Ramsey trade for 1st round pick (or two!) + a ham sandwich or whatever else is being offered
Trade Yan for a first or two seconds - he's not worth top 5 DE money. Move Allen to "Leo" and start Smoot at big end. Restructure Calais as the floater to create matchup nightmares. DL is still strong minus Yan + 1st round pick.
Trade Fournette for ham sandwich
Trade Albino Tiger Lee to Pittsburgh or other team that needs WR help for ham sandwich
Cut Norwell (if dead money is not huge) & Linder
Use the loaded 2020 draft capital on OL, CB, TE, and even more DL depth (improve a strength), in that order
Use the savings from not having to pay Yan & Ramsey on OL, CB, S, TE, etc.
Provided Minshew is the future, keep Foles another year as insurance because the dead money would be bad to cut him (unless another team offers a 1st rounder).
Fire Marrone & promote Flip to HC and let one of his puppets coordinate the offense under his watch. Fire Wash. Let Flip hire a creative DC or get Capers off the golf course.
Extend Bouye if he holds up as #1 CB. If not, restructure him for a discount or cut. CB help either in draft or free agency will come, but not at the Monopoly price tag of signing Ramsey thankfully
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Bryan has looked so much better than he did in the preseason. Maybe that goes to show if you play in the preseason you actually get better?
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(09-20-2019, 07:59 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Bryan has looked so much better than he did in the preseason. Maybe that goes to show if you play in the preseason you actually get better?

Same goes for Minchew. I think the minutes they got in the preseason helped both of them a ton. 

Last night looked like Josh Allens coming out party.  He bullied Conklin a few times who was am All Pro a couple years ago

(09-20-2019, 12:31 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 12:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Since we're gonna being saving money by trading Ramsey, I would immediately get on the phone with Calais Campbell's agent to restructure and extend his contract for the next 3 years. He deserves it. Old guy or not, we need Campbell.

I'm great with his current contract.

You do realize he is only signed through 2020 and next season, he will cost us $17.5 million? We can get that number down, pay him a big signing bonus and guarantees and extend him another couple years. It helps us and him.

(09-20-2019, 07:59 AM)Browntrouser Wrote: Bryan has looked so much better than he did in the preseason. Maybe that goes to show if you play in the preseason you actually get better?

Or maybe we shouldn't overreact to a rookie campaign from a player that everyone said was a project? Nah, torches and pitchforks for terrible players like Bryan and Chark, they turrrrible!!!!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-20-2019, 10:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Or maybe we shouldn't overreact to a rookie campaign from a player that everyone said was a project? Nah, torches and pitchforks for terrible players like Bryan and Chark, they turrrrible!!!!

I enjoyed how everyone was calling a late first-rounder that we were told would need a redshirt year a total bust...after said redshirt year.