Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Titans Game

(09-20-2019, 06:19 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 05:55 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Great, great, win.  

Last year's draft is looking better and better.  Taven Bryan is not a bust.  DJ Chark has taken a HUGE leap forward.  

But then of course the biggest thing is that we might have found a starting quality QB in the sixth round.   Could Minshew be the best value draft pick in team history?   A rookie in his second start, he can read defenses like a veteran, he finds the open man, he throws super-accurate passes, he doesn't make mistakes, and he never gets rattled.   This is with no running game and no starting quality TE.  

But, again, Minshew is looking like the greatest late round draft pick in team history.  This is really big.

And on a short week of preparation.  He was a tad off on his throws while moving the pocket but he knew it and admitted it during the post game on NFL Network. Man I don't want to get too crazy but what a gamer.

And yeah screw the tacks.

Reads defenses, finds the open man, throws accurate passes, doesn't turn the ball over, doesn't make mental mistakes.  

It just shows once again how hard it is to evaluate college QBs.  

Get this guy a decent TE and a running game, and he'll be even better.  Especially with his style of play, he could make great use of a good TE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

After all the distractions this week I will give the coaching staff some credit for keeping the focus on this game. All the posters that kept speculating the coach had lost the locker room where are you now? I think Minshew with this defense can get above 500 before Folds comes back. It may be a tough decision to bench Minshew if he continues to improve as the season goes on. This was a win we needed to stay in the hunt in the division and a breath of fresh air for the team. But without a doubt kicking the Tac's bleep was as sweet a victory we could have to start our come back this season. Go Jags!

I just want to say congratulations to you guys. I know that's a monkey that's been on your back for a while now, and it looks like you guys found a good QB. Minshew looked like a polished veteran out there. Our 5th year QB continues to look like a scrub. Hope you guys have a terrible rest of the season, but good job kicking our butts last night.

Kudos to the much maligned O line.....Minshew was pressured some but NO SACKS and 9 for our D! awesome!
Finally a game where our opponent had more penalties than us ...9 vs 4.
and even though the stinkin' tacks had the ball 10 minutes more ....the only time they scored was late in the 4th quarter.
That's close to garbage time .
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I ersonally would have taken the points ( much like last week) but I wasn’t as upset this week. D was playing lights out, and if they didn’t make it, they still had to go 96 yards. But, still, I would’ve taken the three.

I’m also glad to see the team kept their cool alll game. Maybe it’s because they had the lead, maybe there have been talks. But glad to see zero stupid penalties.

A game like that makes it a tad more difficult to see Ramsey go.

Great points Bullseye.

I will add Leon Jacobs to the honorable mentions last night, the guy tackled well and seemed to really help against the run. Was one of the players embarassed by Henry in the 99 yard run last year, he did well this time.

Smoot looked impressive. He's being used a bit like Calais, they are moving him around quite a bit and he's making the best of the few snaps he get.

Taven Bryan awareness seems to be improving each game. He still has a ton to work on his technique but you actually see him starting to disengage on time and knowing where the ball is rather than looking around clueless. Hope he keeps improving.

It was odd seein Ogbuehi/Cam Robinson and Cann/Richardson rotating in and on but hey...it worked.

Westbrook had unusual drops. Here's hoping to him having a big game against the Broncos next week.

Josh Allen was really impressive vs Conklin. He was getting better and better as the game went on. Dareus and Calais are a bit banged up and this long week ahead comes at the right time to get some players back healthy.

Overall one of the most important thing is: starting fast is really key to this team. If we can play with a lead, with the way our defense is built, it changes everything and we saw it last night with the sacks, the pressure and all that. We missed playing with a lead badly.

Highest passer rating for a rookie in first 3 games since the SB wra

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 08:08 AM by Bullseye.)

(09-20-2019, 08:02 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: Great points Bullseye.

I will add Leon Jacobs to the honorable mentions last night, the guy tackled well and seemed to really help against the run. Was one of the players embarassed by Henry in the 99 yard run last year, he did well this time.

Smoot looked impressive. He's being  used a bit like Calais, they are moving him around quite a bit and he's making the best of the few snaps he get.

Taven Bryan awareness seems to be improving each game. He still has a ton to work on his technique but you actually see him starting to disengage on time and knowing where the ball is rather than looking around clueless. Hope he keeps improving.

It was odd seein Ogbuehi/Cam Robinson and Cann/Richardson rotating in and on but hey...it worked.

Westbrook had unusual drops. Here's hoping to him having a big game against the Broncos next week.

Josh Allen was really impressive vs Conklin. He was getting better and better as the game went on. Dareus and Calais are a bit banged up and this long week ahead comes at the right time to get some players back healthy.

Overall one of the most important thing is: starting fast is really key to this team. If we can play with a lead, with the way our defense is built, it changes everything and we saw it last night with the sacks, the pressure and all that. We missed playing with a lead badly.

Last night showed the difference between Allen and Fowler in one word-power.

I am hoping Allen only skyrockets from this point forward.

(09-20-2019, 07:52 AM)Jags Wrote: I ersonally would have taken the points ( much like last week) but I wasn’t as upset this week.  D was playing lights out, and if they didn’t make it, they still had to go 96 yards.  But, still, I would’ve taken the three.  

I’m also glad to see the team kept their cool alll game.  Maybe it’s because they had the lead, maybe there have been talks.  But glad to see zero stupid penalties.  

A game like that makes it a tad more difficult to see Ramsey go.

Yeah.  The score should have been 27-7.

I wanted to crush them.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Just going to add a couple of my thoughts as well.

Offense:

It's so hard to not get behind Minshew and think he is going to be a legit QB1 for years to come! I would like to see him get a little more touch on the short passes.

Poor 4-Net, the run game was so hard to watch. I wonder why they don't throw any other RBs in there to try to mix it up a bit. I will say the run blocking was horrid and even the best running backs would have had a tough time getting significant yards. I was glad to see that big run late, hopefully that will build into next week.

The pass blocking was great! ZERO sacks vs the Titians and only 5 total in three games is pretty dang good.

DEDE the great was not so great. May need to consider cutting Lee this off season as his services are no longer needed. But every week is now CHARK WEEK.

Defense:

Campbell is still a force to be reckoned with. While Taven Bryan is no longer a liability, yea Taven Bryan is playing productive football.

Holding one of the better back in football to under 50 yards and the entire team to under 100 was a bit of a shock.

Both corner spots are ELITE and I hope somehow someway Ramsey and the front office can iron out their differences but if not I think Bouye can carry the torch for a could more years.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

The Jags came "this close" to shutting the stinkin' tacks out.....
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(09-20-2019, 08:22 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: The Jags came "this close" to shutting the stinkin' tacks out.....

There is just something enjoyable about a win over the Titians.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(09-20-2019, 08:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Highest passer rating for a rookie in first 3 games since the SB wra

While obviously impressive, the QBs he barely beat out do not instill a ton of confidence. I bet all of those fanbases thought they struck gold after that tiny sample size too, only to wind up with Mirer/Kitna/Mariota/Edwards bad QBs.

I only got 4hrs of sleep last night, dragged myself out of bed to the gym this morning and am suffering at work right now......and I...DONT...CARE!!! WE BEAT THE BRAKES OFF TACKS ON NATIONAL TV! FINALLY!

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(09-20-2019, 08:53 AM)Upper Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 08:05 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Highest passer rating for a rookie in first 3 games since the SB wra

While obviously impressive, the QBs he barely beat out do not instill a ton of confidence. I bet all of those fanbases thought they struck gold after that tiny sample size too, only to wind up with Mirer/Kitna/Mariota/Edwards bad QBs.

None of those guys had their head on a swivel like Minshew. He reads the defense like a savvy veteran out there.

He's the real deal.

-Minshew played well, though I'm not quite ready to anoint him the savior like everyone else. That said, he's a sixth round rookie QB who's playing better than we have any right to expect him to. I'd love to see him work out -- but I'm not ready to say we've found our QB until we score 28+ in a couple of games. It's not all on him, though. Much of it has been coaching and run blocking. Would love to get to see how he does when we've got an RB who doesn't run for negative yards on most plays.

-Who's idea was it to run on first down so much? Do we NOT adjust the gameplan accorrding to what's working and what's not? Why do we always seem to have a coach that has no idea how to adjust? I feel with some adjustments, last nights game could've been a blowout.

-Going for the TD on 4th down.... part of me understands and likes the decision. It's gutsy, but not too risky. But part of me also thinks you've gotta take the points there, and put the game away. Titans getting 2 TD"s with 3 minutes left? Possible. Titans getting 2 TD's and completing 2 2 point conversions? Much harder.

(09-20-2019, 08:31 AM)Browntrouser Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 08:22 AM)Mowerguy Wrote: The Jags came "this close" to shutting the stinkin' tacks out.....

There is just something enjoyable about a win over the Titians.

Would have been a shut out if our so called elite generational talent CB wasn't getting burned.

As always, great write up, Bullseye. You dig deep and give a thorough account of the game.

Kudos to psychop for still coming by after a rough loss, glad all the tack fans aren't just slack-jawed trolls

This team was ready for that game. I think the close loss in Houston only fueled the fire more, knowing that we can compete, regardless of injury, sideline conflicts, and anything else the game wants to put in their way. I hope they savor the feeling of a sound beating, and use that to motivate them week in and week out for the rest of the season. Guys are stepping up. We may be seeing the new look Jags.

I gotta give credit to Flip, he's really catering the offense to what Minshew does best, and it is working well. At one point I noticed that the pace picked up, and the offense was not lagging at all between snaps. That will exhaust a defense, and shortly after I noticed, Fournette finds a gap and runs for 6.

Winning cures all ills - hopefully this smoothes a lot of the tension from this past week, the defense looked unified and motivated to stop anything the tacks threw at them. LOVED IT.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 09:23 AM by SeldomRite.)

The only thing I didn't like about the performance last night was that sometimes he (Minshew) ran in situations where it couldn't lead to a positive outcome. Things like running on third and long with a defender staring right at him in zone. In cases like that if he won't get five yards on third and  fifteen I'd rather see him either scramble to get time for getting a pass off and keep his eyes on the receivers, or just throw it away rather than risking a hit.

I'd like to think that the team read all of the media discussing Ramsey ,the locker room situation, how bad the team looks, etc. and they just decided to get angry and channel that frustration and take it out on the tacks.

I dunno what the future holds for the QB position, but Minshew gives me hope that maybe...MAYBE this team might have a young guy to step up if the Foles signing doesn't work out. He had NO running game to help him, and still he put up two quick strike scores in the first quarter (Albeit with some help from a great special teams play). He had some not so great passes later through the game, but for the most part, his calm is unbelievable for a guy playing just his third professional game as a starter. How can you not get excited about that? How can you not get excited about the apparent chemistry between him and Chark? It's awesome

Foles will probably get his job back as soon as he he's healthy but Gardner is real. This was a Tennessee team that EVERYBODY I saw online and elsewhere was saying was going to win. I know a few people who truly believed Gardner was going down last night, but he didn't fold up at all. Next week is the REAL test. Broncos may not be the team they were when they won the superbowl, but they've got some scary pass rushers on that team. But i'm actually looking forward to it now. Earlier in the offseason, even when they announced Foles being brought in, I wasn't really excited. With Gardner? I'm absolutely stoked to watch him play. Maybe it's stupid, but having a young QB as lowly drafted as he was showing up and not folding under pressure just makes for a [BLEEP] great story.

I thought the tackling was outstanding. Light years better than KC. Especially the LBs. Ramsey credited w/ 9 tackles. Pay the man! First time in years the Jags bowed-up and were more physical than the Tacks. #90 made some plays. Bouye played well.
Calais was a man amongst boys.