Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions From the Titans Game

(09-20-2019, 12:11 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:13 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: The only thing I didn't like about the performance last night was that sometimes he (Minshew) ran in situations where it couldn't lead to a positive outcome. Things like running on third and long with a defender staring right at him in zone. In cases like that if he won't get five yards on third and  fifteen I'd rather see him either scramble to get time for getting a pass off and keep his eyes on the receivers, or just throw it away rather than risking a hit.

Agreed but it's hard to remember at times that he's a rookie starting his second NFL game. He plays so much like a veteran at times that when he does show a little inexperience it tends to stand out.

Yeah, that such a minor complaint is what I come up with is a good sign. He's doing great all things considered.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 02:20 PM by Nashville.Dave.)

Congrats on the win. And thanks for putting another nail in mary's coffin. I think we are seeing the last games with him as a titan. Our oline was horrible, surely didnt do him any favors, as its been for awhile. It was fun watching them have no answer for calais and friends. With that being said, mariotas pocket awareness is awful.
I could throw in some complaints about the refs in that first half but you guys know that pain so i'll leave that alone. Funny tom brady chimed in. Thought troy aikman was going to have an orgasm right there in the booth.

Game was pretty much what i expected. Good win for you guys, was impressed with the rookie qb. Glad you guys have something to be excited about. Fournette.. i can see why you call em 3nette. Lol

Hope you guys can throw some wins together. And good luck with ramsey. The conspiracist in me believes he will stick around. Winning cures all.
[Image: incredulous.gif]

(09-20-2019, 02:19 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Congrats on the win. And thanks for putting another nail in mary's coffin. I think we are seeing the last games with him as a titan. Our oline was horrible, surely didnt do him any favors, as its been for awhile. It was fun watching them have no answer for calais and friends. With that being said, mariotas pocket awareness is awful.
I could throw in some complaints about the refs in that first half but you guys know that pain so i'll leave that alone. Funny tom brady chimed in. Thought troy aikman was going to have an orgasm right there in the booth.

Game was pretty much what i expected. Good win for you guys, was impressed with the rookie qb. Glad you guys have something to be excited about. Fournette..  i can see why you call em 3nette. Lol

Hope you guys can throw some wins together. And good luck with ramsey. The conspiracist in me believes he will stick around. Winning cures all.

The funny thing to me is that over the last few years it seemed like the titans were winning basically because the refs refused to make holding calls. Last night they stopped refusing and called them pretty tight. The Jaguars had a few, too. If holding actually keeps getting called on every play that it happens on like it did last night then the titans are in big trouble, because Mary isn't going to carry them.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 06:01 PM by knarnn.)

https://twitter.com/jaguarmaven/status/1...44004?s=21

And he still got caught. That’s crazy!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(09-20-2019, 05:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/jaguarmaven/status/1...32324?s=21

Showing it’s been deleted. What was it?

(09-20-2019, 10:46 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 10:42 AM)JagFan81 Wrote: Thats all I'm saying. I just didn't like the play all in Houston, I have no issue going for 2 and getting the W but I didn't get we didn't just kick last night.

We could onside kick every kickoff but it's not brave. You get what I'm saying?

How was it last night? Looked wet!!!

It rained for a few minutes pregame and then again 3 more times briefly during the game. 
I used a poncho a couple of times when it got semi heavy. Was never really bad.

Thanks. Looked a few times like it was getting ready to go full blown but kept clearing up.

Atmosphere sounded good last night, plenty of Duvals coming through. Helps when you win obviously.

(09-20-2019, 02:19 PM)Nashville.Dave Wrote: Congrats on the win. And thanks for putting another nail in mary's coffin. I think we are seeing the last games with him as a titan. Our oline was horrible, surely didnt do him any favors, as its been for awhile. It was fun watching them have no answer for calais and friends. With that being said, mariotas pocket awareness is awful.

Game was pretty much what i expected. Good win for you guys, was impressed with the rookie qb. Glad you guys have something to be excited about. Fournette..  i can see why you call em 3nette. Lol

Gracious words. I was worried about you guys, especially after that Cleveland win but I fear you guys arent giving Mariotta $30m a year. You cant justify it. There were a fair few plays he was literally just standing in the pocket. He started to run more and had some success but then just stopped.

You think you may roll the dice and try and move into the top 3 in the draft to take one of these QB's coming out. Personally I hope your down there anyway! Smile

Great game in the rain last night. The team really needed a win. Not to throw water on the fire, but did anyone else see the Titan receivers running wide open down field at times? I know their QB didn't well the one he did see he missed by a lot. I hope we don't depend on that occurring every week.
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(09-20-2019, 07:04 PM)Jag149 Wrote: Great game in the rain last night. The team really needed a win. Not to throw water on the fire, but did anyone else see the Titan receivers running wide open down field at times?  I know their QB didn't well the one he did see he missed by a lot. I hope we don't depend on that occurring every week.

I saw it but the pass rush papers over those warts some.  Hard to hit a wide open guy when your pocket evaporates right after the snap.  I have been pleasantly surprised that the team has mixed in blitzes the past 2 games.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(09-20-2019, 05:48 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://twitter.com/jaguarmaven/status/1...44004?s=21

That's pretty wild.  Everyone was talking about how slow he is the gameday thread but he ran away from literally everyone except the guy that tackled him.