Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jags owner willing to make Ramsey highest-paid CB

(09-20-2019, 10:19 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: The bottom line is, the Jaguars don't have to do anything.  The cards are all in their hand.  Ramsey is not in control of this.  

But I would say, if Shad Khan really wants to keep Ramsey and work this out, then he needs to communicate that very clearly to the front office before they go ahead and pull the trigger on a trade.

They wouldn't trade him without Shad's approval.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ideally, we would keep Ramsey, fire Couglin, Caldwell, Marrone and Wash and restructure/extend Campbell and Dareus. Can that all be done? Who knows, but It's nice to think about.

(09-20-2019, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ideally, we would keep Ramsey, fire Couglin, Caldwell, Marrone and Wash and restructure/extend Campbell and Dareus. Can that all be done? Who knows, but It's nice to think about.

Lol, you really got it bad man. You might wanna take a few weeks off.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-20-2019, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ideally, we would keep Ramsey, fire Couglin, Caldwell, Marrone and Wash and restructure/extend Campbell and Dareus. Can that all be done? Who knows, but It's nice to think about.

Indeed seems a tall order.

Caldwell/Coughlin won't go until after the season, I would think.
Coach staff however... well, if they keep winning there'll be no reason to make a change.

But I could see a lackluster season leading to sweeping changes this off season. Especially if we part ways with a generational talent that the coach and owner both have said they'd like to keep on the roster.

Just wish Khan would step in and say "something needs to be done" and get rid of the issue.

Nate Burleson said this morning he thinks the bridge can be re-built.

Guess we'll see today, the word was they wanted to get through last night and then focus on it today.

I really want JR to stay. Generational talent

(09-20-2019, 10:50 AM)Kane Wrote:

Indeed seems a tall order

Just wish Khan would step in and say "something needs to be done" and get rid of the issue.
If Khan is going on record talking about wanting Ramsey around and paying him big money, then it’s safe to say Khan has had that conversation with Coughlin. 

Unless Khan really is just trying to drive up Ramsey’s price to trade partners with these comments.

What does it mean for Yan then?

I doubt he gets paid if Ramsey is getting that big $$$$$$

It’s a tough situation because 2 1st round picks doesn’t really excite me unless it’s from the Dolphins or Raiders. I’d want It to be for a first round pick and a Guard or a very good TE or hell even a HB

(09-20-2019, 11:36 AM)MojoKing Wrote: What does it mean for Yan then?

I doubt he gets paid if Ramsey is getting that big $$$$$$

It’s a tough situation because 2 1st round picks doesn’t really excite me unless it’s from the Dolphins or Raiders. I’d want It to be for a first round pick and a Guard or a very good TE or hell even a HB

Yeah not sure. Once they paid Jack it made this situation harder, I thought he was the guy we would let go to keep Ramsey and Ngakous. I still think they got to find a way. It's clear Calais is going to have a big year, but he is 33. We have a chance to have Allen and Ngakoue as our ends for a long time. Might be worth investing in that. At the very least we can't let him leave for nothing.

I am surprised by Shad Khan's statement. Who knows what will happen next? The Jags are in a good spot, though, because they don't have to trade Ramsay. Maybe some team with Super Bowl aspirations will make an offer the Jags can't refuse. If that happens, I'd be all for it. They could then pay Yannick with the money saved. Having both Allen and Yannick for the next 5 years would be a scary thought for the rest of the AFC South. With Bryan playing much better, this defense should be strong for awhile. On the other hand, if they get an offer from the Eagles of Goeddert, a 1st and a 2nd next year and a 2nd in 2021 they should take it.

Coughlin shouldnt have been in the lockee room. I thought Doug handled it great. This makes more sense now. I dont see sad lettong the 73 year old caretaker get rid of the 24 year old all pro in his prime.

(09-20-2019, 11:54 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Coughlin shouldnt have been in the lockee room.  I thought Doug handled it great.  This makes more sense now.  I dont see sad lettong the 73 year old caretaker get rid of the 24 year old all pro in his prime.
Jalen is also the face and identity of this team. You may not like his swagger but his teammates sure do. You let him do him and the rest of the guys can fly under the radar and do their thing.

When Tom Coughlin read Khan's statement:

[Image: tom-caughlin-pissed-after-cordarrelle-pa...return.gif]

(09-20-2019, 10:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Interesting that Khan, who has avoided interfering in football issues, has chimed in on this matter indicating he wants Ramsey to stay.  Interesting that Marrone, the coach who got into it with Ramsey on Sunday, doesn't want to trade him. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/20/...m-coughlin

Interesting still that Ramsey's teammates are on record as hoping Ramsey stays.  Even more conspicuous are the reports that indicate most teams made an inquiry as to Ramsey's availability, and as many as six different teams are making serious inquiries about him, even after the reports of the team wanting at least two first round picks for him.

The only people who don't know Ramsey's value as a player are fans here on the message board seemingly looking for reasons to have an axe to grind.

I don't think I've read anyone say they don't value Ramsey as a player. He's elite. The question for the franchise is if they want to deal with his drama queen personality. Andre Rison had a similar personality back in the day, wanted to free lance on the field, etc. Letting him go allowed the team's offensive chemistry to gel.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(09-20-2019, 12:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 10:04 AM)Bullseye Wrote: Interesting that Khan, who has avoided interfering in football issues, has chimed in on this matter indicating he wants Ramsey to stay.  Interesting that Marrone, the coach who got into it with Ramsey on Sunday, doesn't want to trade him. 

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/20/...m-coughlin

Interesting still that Ramsey's teammates are on record as hoping Ramsey stays.  Even more conspicuous are the reports that indicate most teams made an inquiry as to Ramsey's availability, and as many as six different teams are making serious inquiries about him, even after the reports of the team wanting at least two first round picks for him.

The only people who don't know Ramsey's value as a player are fans here on the message board seemingly looking for reasons to have an axe to grind.

I don't think I've read anyone say they don't value Ramsey as a player. He's elite. The question for the franchise is if they want to deal with his drama queen personality. Andre Rison had a similar personality back in the day, wanted to free lance on the field, etc. Once they let him go is when the team chemistry on offense seemed to gel.
Yea except this defense is playing at a very high level with Ramsey. 9 sacks were amazing last night but the secondary helps in that. 

You're continuing to think Ramsey is a problem in the locker room but there is zero evidence to suggest this.

(09-20-2019, 12:05 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 12:03 PM)hb1148 Wrote: I don't think I've read anyone say they don't value Ramsey as a player. He's elite. The question for the franchise is if they want to deal with his drama queen personality. Andre Rison had a similar personality back in the day, wanted to free lance on the field, etc. Once they let him go is when the team chemistry on offense seemed to gel.
Yea except this defense is playing at a very high level with Ramsey. 9 sacks were amazing last night but the secondary helps in that. 

You're continuing to think Ramsey is a problem in the locker room but there is zero evidence to suggest this.

He's gotta be a distraction. The ex-players have said this is typically the case. Naturally no one in the locker room is going to say it. Players like him but I'm sure some of them consider his antics a distraction.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 12:33 PM by FsuClark08.)

Keep Ramsey pay the man and pay Yan. We will atleast have a very good D for years to come and be solid on every level.

Phins arent trading the 1st overall pick, and it would be different if we were looking for a QB. Phibs would trade both Texans picks

I'm sick of people saying Jalen is a cancer in the locker room, every player in that locker room looks up to him. He IS the LEADER of SACKSONVILLE
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES 
ATLANTS BRAVES 

(09-20-2019, 10:01 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: But is Khan willing to get rid of Coughlin. Ramsey knows he is going to get paid, don't think that is the issue here. Don't think he wants to be around Coughlin, that seems to be the sticking point.
I really would like to know what the issue is with Coughlin. He commented about Ramsey not attending OTA's and is that what this is all about?  All coaches would like full attendance in OTA's and expect veteran players
to be there grooming rookies and setting an example. Yes, they don't have to attend but all this about a comment that he should not have made makes a player want a trade. Ramsey makes it sound like he is unhappy with Yan not getting a contract.  Yan was offered 19 mil a year and turned it down because he wanted a longer contract and he has every right to do that, but it was not like the Jaguars did not address signing him.  The money was very fair but the length of the contract was an issue with Yan. Furthermore, t is none of Ramsey business when it comes to other players contracts. So someone explain to me what was so dire that Ramsey wanted to be traded, I just don't see the justification for asking for a trade because of Coughlin.

(09-20-2019, 12:31 PM)IFsuClark08 Wrote: Keep Ramsey pay the man and pay Yan. We will atleast have a very good D for years to come and be solid on every level.

Phins arent trading the 1st overall pick, and it would be different if we were looking for a QB. Phibs would trade both Texans picks

I'm sick of people saying Jalen is a cancer in the locker room, every player in that locker room looks up to him. He IS the LEADER of SACKSONVILLE

The leader of SACKSONVILLE is Calais Campbell, dude.

(09-20-2019, 10:27 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: It’s very possible that a big payday and more wins smooth out Jalen’s whining.

I just don’t know if it’s the right cap move right now and Coughlin will continue to be Coughlin. That won’t change unless Ramsey pays him a new degree of respect via some sort of olive branch. I don’t think Ramsey possesses the humility or even ability to fathom that possibility.

Weird situation, but if he keeps playing well, I’d like him to stay unless we get that blockbuster return in a trade.

+1
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!