Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jags owner willing to make Ramsey highest-paid CB

The more games that past where Yan has not had an impact, he'll be wishing he took that 19 mil per year. Yan is overrated. Good player, but not worth what he wants

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(09-20-2019, 12:56 PM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 12:31 PM)IFsuClark08 Wrote: Keep Ramsey pay the man and pay Yan. We will atleast have a very good D for years to come and be solid on every level.

Phins arent trading the 1st overall pick, and it would be different if we were looking for a QB. Phibs would trade both Texans picks

I'm sick of people saying Jalen is a cancer in the locker room, every player in that locker room looks up to him. He IS the LEADER of SACKSONVILLE

The leader of SACKSONVILLE is Calais Campbell, dude.

Truth.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-20-2019, 12:31 PM)IFsuClark08 Wrote: Keep Ramsey pay the man and pay Yan. We will atleast have a very good D for years to come and be solid on every level.

Phins arent trading the 1st overall pick, and it would be different if we were looking for a QB. Phibs would trade both Texans picks

I'm sick of people saying Jalen is a cancer in the locker room, every player in that locker room looks up to him. He IS the LEADER of SACKSONVILLE

Very true. Calais is our Leader. However, Ramey is our best player. Campbell had a great night and his leadership and mentorship is invaluable. But father time is unbeaten and it is catching up to him. The real question I have is about Yan. If he wants that big contract, he's gotta show up more.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

Excuse me! That is MAYOR of Sacksonville to me and you. Show some respect.

(09-20-2019, 12:57 PM)rocdee Wrote: The more games that past where Yan has not had an impact, he'll be wishing he took that 19 mil per year. Yan is overrated. Good player, but not worth what he wants

Who is his agent? Probably gonna get fired if thats what happens

(09-20-2019, 01:06 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: Very true. Calais is our Leader. However, Ramey is our best player. Campbell had a great night and his leadership and mentorship is invaluable. But father time is unbeaten and it is catching up to him. The real question I have is about Yan. If he wants that big contract, he's gotta show up more.

I think I heard or read that he's playing hurt and it's affecting his play?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

I don't think you can capitulate to Ramsey and fire Coughlin but maybe they make nice for now and Coughlin (perhaps forcibly) retires at year's end?

(09-20-2019, 12:57 PM)rocdee Wrote: The more games that past where Yan has not had an impact, he'll be wishing he took that 19 mil per year. Yan is overrated. Good player, but not worth what he wants

Josh Allen makes him meaningless.

He should have signed.. probably should fire his agent for giving him terrible advice.

Pay Ramsey.. you saw last night why Ramsey/Bouye when healthy are probably the best tandem in the league. Our safeties are horrible. We will sadly miss his talent on the field a lot. We played man coverage and brought pressure a lot last night and poor Mariota and the Tacks couldn't do anything. Fournette has to go.
No pain, no gain.

In the words of the legendary Teddy KGB...

I'll play you in ping pong. 

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 01:44 PM by JAllen#41.)

(09-20-2019, 01:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

He should have signed.. probably should fire his agent for giving him terrible advice.

No he doesn't.  I think they compliment each other very well.  Yan was the one getting most of the pressure vs KC.  So I think when it all comes together and everyone gets back on their feet it's going to be even more deadly than last night.

Now he probably should fire his agent.  Agents are tricky.  They ask for more than the player is worth because they can and if they get it, they get more clients.

(09-20-2019, 01:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

So instead of 2 great pass rushers, you want 1 in a few years? Calais isn't playing forever (or maybe) so what's the plan when he's gone?

Ramsey should have been paid first. If not Ramsey, Yannick. Has anyone seen an impact from Myles besides that fumble vs the Pats?

The problem is TC and/or Marrone are gigging Ramsey as not being a team captain because he trains on his own and his personality can get harsh. In other words he's not "dancing" how they want, so he's not the team captain when he SHOULD be.

Trying to put this politically correct: Jalen portrays himself as too HOOD for the FO liking.

(09-20-2019, 02:25 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: Ramsey should have been paid first. If not Ramsey, Yannick. Has anyone seen an impact from Myles besides that fumble vs the Pats?

The problem is TC and/or Marrone are gigging Ramsey as not being a team captain because he trains on his own and his personality can get harsh.
In other words he's not "dancing" how they want, so he's not the team captain when he SHOULD be.

Trying to put this politically correct: Jalen portrays himself as too HOOD for the FO liking.

Ramsey doesnt want to be a captain or a leader at this stage in his NFL life.

(09-20-2019, 01:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Josh Allen makes him meaningless.

So instead of 2 great pass rushers, you want 1 in a few years? Calais isn't playing forever (or maybe) so what's the plan when he's gone?

You mean CC and possibly JA? Yan is average at best. If he is so great he should have at least tied CC last night. JA had more of impact last night than that clown.

Pay the man!!!

(09-20-2019, 10:46 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Ideally, we would keep Ramsey, fire Couglin, Caldwell, Marrone and Wash and restructure/extend Campbell and Dareus. Can that all be done? Who knows, but It's nice to think about.

I don't think they will have to fire Tom if this happens. I see him putting in his papers if a player gets away with going at the HC then asking to leave the team and is rewarded with a bank breaking contract. I would be stunned if Dave goes anywhere. He's had some misses but on paper he's had more hits. If Menshew, Chark, Taven and William's keep progressing, it will really look like a lot of hits. Thats leaving out names like Allen, Robinson, Taylor and Westbrook who we're all expecting to be pretty good. Marrone will be gone if it's a below 500 season. Especially if there are many more gaf games with players looking undisciplined. I noticed that noone got a taunting flag last night. That game was ripe for extra antics but they all kept it in check. I think Ramsey was warned once on that offensive PI.

(09-20-2019, 01:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I don't think you can capitulate to Ramsey and fire Coughlin but maybe they make nice for now and Coughlin (perhaps forcibly) retires at year's end?

I believe TC is gone at the end of this season, regardless. He tends to wear out his welcome wherever he goes and the Welcome mat here is becoming threadbare. Plus take his age into consideration. The dude is getting up there. 

They should pay Ramsey while tactfully, in ever so delicately diplomatic terms, convey that TC will be gone after this season. I think that will smooth things over while saving face for everyone.

(09-20-2019, 02:41 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So instead of 2 great pass rushers, you want 1 in a few years? Calais isn't playing forever (or maybe) so what's the plan when he's gone?

You mean CC and possibly JA? Yan is average at best. If he is so great he should have at least tied CC last night. JA had more of impact last night than that clown.

Bc that's how it works.

(09-20-2019, 03:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:17 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: I don't think you can capitulate to Ramsey and fire Coughlin but maybe they make nice for now and Coughlin (perhaps forcibly) retires at year's end?

I believe TC is gone at the end of this season, regardless. He tends to wear out his welcome wherever he goes and the Welcome mat here is becoming threadbare. Plus take his age into consideration. The dude is getting up there. 

They should pay Ramsey while tactfully, in ever so delicately diplomatic terms, convey that TC will be gone after this season. I think that will smooth things over while saving face for everyone.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to convey as well.