Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Jags owner willing to make Ramsey highest-paid CB

(09-20-2019, 02:41 PM)uthill Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 01:47 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: So instead of 2 great pass rushers, you want 1 in a few years? Calais isn't playing forever (or maybe) so what's the plan when he's gone?

You mean CC and possibly JA? Yan is average at best. If he is so great he should have at least tied CC last night. JA had more of impact last night than that clown.
Lol whatever you say....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Someone made a good point about Shad saying that to drive up value. Makes a lot of sense. Idk what to think at this point. I’m just ready for it to happen either way.

(09-20-2019, 04:41 PM)Jags Wrote: Someone made a good point about Shad saying that to drive up value.  Makes a lot of sense.  Idk what to think at this point.  I’m just ready for it to happen either way.

That's a valid viewpoint on him trying to drive up the price. But I genuinely believe that Shad likes him and wants him to resign and stay. We'll see I guess, but I hope our great owner can maybe remove the stain that TC laid down and we can fix this issue. I believe we are better with Ramsey than without him and no guarantee/non-equal value picks.
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 05:26 PM by Jags.)

Secretly hoping to keep him. But if he wants out so be it. If we trade him, I will start calling him “VaJaylen”

I also want to trademark that.

VaJaylen Ramsey. Has a ring to it, don’t ya think?

(09-20-2019, 05:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Secretly hoping to keep him.  But if he wants out so be it.  If we trade him, I will start calling him “VaJaylen”

VaJaylen Ramsey.  Has a ring to it, don’t ya think?

Big Grin Banana Laughing

I think we should call him that even if he stays!  lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

(09-20-2019, 05:30 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 05:26 PM)Jags Wrote: Secretly hoping to keep him.  But if he wants out so be it.  If we trade him, I will start calling him “VaJaylen”

VaJaylen Ramsey.  Has a ring to it, don’t ya think?

Big Grin Banana Laughing

I’m thinking shirts, jerseys, beer coozies, you name it.   He won’t get paid, but I will!

(09-20-2019, 05:31 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 05:30 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: Big Grin Banana Laughing

I’m thinking shirts, jerseys, beer coozies, you name it.   He won’t get paid, but I will!

DO IT!!!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Interesting we have heard from everyone except the GM's. I am sure Caldwell would say something, he used to talk all the time. Since Coughlin got here, he barely talks.

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 05:36 PM by Jags.)

(09-20-2019, 05:33 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: Interesting we have heard from everyone except the GM's. I am sure Caldwell would say something, he used to talk all the time. Since Coughlin got here, he barely talks.

Yeah... there’s been some confusion over that that few years.  Us fans don’t really know who is in charge of which picks and what not.  Dave has been absent since TC got here.  That kinda tells me what I need to now.

(09-20-2019, 05:32 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 05:31 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m thinking shirts, jerseys, beer coozies, you name it.   He won’t get paid, but I will!

DO IT!!!

I’m on it.  

Can you spot me some money?

(09-20-2019, 05:32 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 05:31 PM)Jags Wrote: I’m thinking shirts, jerseys, beer coozies, you name it.   He won’t get paid, but I will!

DO IT!!!

I’m on it.  

Can you spot me some money?

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 05:44 PM by Jags.)

[BLEEP].  I’ll need more than just a shirt that says VaJaylen Ramsey.  

I’ll need catchy phrases.  Just off the top of my head, here’s what I have:

Hate to see you go, but love to watch you leave.

That seems fairly fitting.  Speaking of fitting, I carry up to 2xl.  I even have extra medium for DF.

I love that Khan came out and said he wants to make Jalen the highest paid CB. The problem is, that's not the current issue that is bothering Ramsey. It's Coughlin. If Khan really wants to make this thing work and keep his best player, he knows what he has to do.

(09-20-2019, 05:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I love that Khan came out and said he wants to make Jalen the highest paid CB. The problem is, that's not the current issue that is bothering Ramsey. It's Coughlin. If Khan really wants to make this thing work and keep his best player, he knows what he has to do.

As others have said, in doing that you set a bad precedent.  But you could do the ole wink wink nudge nudge thing.  It’s a bad situation all around.  Needs to be handled just right.  I’m hoping Khan can figure all that out.

(09-20-2019, 05:59 PM)Jags Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 05:52 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I love that Khan came out and said he wants to make Jalen the highest paid CB. The problem is, that's not the current issue that is bothering Ramsey. It's Coughlin. If Khan really wants to make this thing work and keep his best player, he knows what he has to do.

As others have said, in doing that you set a bad precedent.  But you could do the ole wink wink nudge nudge thing.  It’s a bad situation all around.  Needs to be handled just right.  I’m hoping Khan can figure all that out.

They can not trade Ramsey. Offer him a contract extension that doesn't pay him anything more for next season and guaranteed for injury. Then mediate the issues between Ramsey and TC. They could even move on from TC after the season as long as it's more than TC leaving.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Anyone else think it is bit screwy that the Jaguars new podcast series "Perspective" interviewing people important to Jags history releases their first episode interviewing Coughlin (instead of someone else) in the middle of the whole Jalen-Coughlin thing?

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2019, 07:03 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854...g-interest

We're either keeping Jalen or trying to raise the price. Not sure which, this is fun lol

I wish this would just end already.. Either pay him or trade him, just get it done..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(09-20-2019, 05:59 PM)Jags Wrote:

I don't care about a bad precedent. NFL teams set bad precedents every day. If it benefits us in the long run and eventually leads to a Superbowl, who cares?

Perhaps nobody offered enough compensation. I guess we will see
[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(09-20-2019, 07:18 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: Perhaps nobody offered enough compensation.  I guess we will see

Could be. We might never know.

(09-20-2019, 07:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2854...g-interest

We're either keeping Jalen or trying to raise the price.  Not sure which, this is fun lol

Hard to see any other scenario unfold.  I’m with Winger.  Let it happen already