Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The New Era of Gardner Minshew stunted by Jags HC

(09-20-2019, 10:16 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: There's the JagsBch we're used to.. Now we just need TMD back for a double dose..

The same one from the old T-U board, that used to obsess over white shoes?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The ex said get lost. Pretty sure the quote of some things never change was thrown out there. But jags r bake boy.

(09-20-2019, 09:30 PM)jon2005 Wrote: Titans got a lot of garbage stats in the second half.

exactly!  Mariota started the game 9 of 23.  The team softened up the coverage to protect a three score lead and you had some garbage stats @ the end.

(09-21-2019, 01:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 09:35 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: We had four penalties last week. Try again.

Bad blocking could be the result of an offensive line having to face a stacked box 42% of the plays thanks to an ultra conservative scheme. Jags are not throwing it downfield over the LBs nearly enough to spread this defense out.

This inept scheme IMO is also having an ill effect of the continuity of the passing game IMO. We have a QB who is one of the most accurate in the league, making throwing the ball down the field a much less risk play than letting our RB run it on FD.

Because our offense was sidelined by a lame scheme. Didn’t help our defense was out on the field most of the game.

But for Westbrook's drop, this "inept scheme" would have given Minshew 3 TD passes against TN.

This "inept scheme" jas enabled a rookie to have a 73.9 completion percentage, a 5-1 TD-INT ratio, and a 7.9 yards/attempt.

yeh, and last I checked Chark is averaging close to 20 ypc.  When you're throwing 35 yard 9 balls out of the I formation then you can't call the scheme conservative.  The problem with the offense was that up until the last drive Our starting running back had negative 8 yards.  Even if he had averaged under three yards a carry to the positive, the difference would have been immense and you would be talking about a whole different offensive output.  Defilipo has a history of being too pass happy and not running the ball enough.  You can't knock the guy when he called essentially an entire game up by two touchdowns with a rookie QB.

(09-21-2019, 02:43 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:50 AM)Bullseye Wrote: But for Westbrook's drop, this "inept scheme" would have given Minshew 3 TD passes against TN.

This "inept scheme" jas enabled a rookie to have a 73.9 completion percentage, a 5-1 TD-INT ratio, and a 7.9 yards/attempt.

yeh, and last I checked Chark is averaging close to 20 ypc.  When you're throwing 35 yard 9 balls out of the I formation then you can't call the scheme conservative.  The problem with the offense was that up until the last drive Our starting running back had negative 8 yards.  Even if he had averaged under three yards a carry to the positive, the difference would have been immense and you would be talking about a whole different offensive output.  Defilipo has a history of being too pass happy and not running the ball enough.  You can't knock the guy when he called essentially an entire game up by two touchdowns with a rookie QB.

Fournette only runs out the clock for our offense. He runs it out quickly, usually within 3 downs if we let him, and for negative yardage.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 05:45 AM by The Real Marty.)

We've lost so many games recently, some of you apparently have lost the ability to enjoy a win.

(09-20-2019, 11:05 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I want to say something,but i can't right now,i have to save it for my epic video.  all i can say until then is this Jags won beat the titans just be happy we beat the titans.

Hey Snow.. Some people you just gotta give a pass and kinda wait for'm to catch up. It may take a lil while for'm to catch on and comprehend what is clearly the sensible thing to focus on. Winning-

Wut ever happened to J-Dub?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

(09-20-2019, 09:18 PM)Jagsbch Wrote: 21 to 12.  That was the first down score the Jaguars brutally lost Thursday night. That is outrageous, almost as Titans time of possession, which was over ten more minutes than the Jaguars offense possessed the ball. Titans had 25 more plays on offense than the Jaguars. 

Jaguars were 2 of 11 on third down conversions. The play calling on offense was far too predictable. It’s not as if the Titans had more drives. That is what makes the offensive stats even more outrageous.  Jags had more drives.

The Titans where maligned by penalties. The refs raked them for over 100 yards on 9 penalties. Tom Brady tweeted about it, as if “the Fix” was in for the Jags win! I think maybe Brady is just sick of the comparisons, between he and Gardener Minshew, but I digress. 

Jaguars only scored three points during half the game. Watching the offense during the 2nd and 3rd quarter was indicative of just how much the defense and talent on this team where carrying Doug Marrone, the offensive minded head-coach. 

Marrone, against the Texans last weekend, thought it was wise to go for two and the win with the RB running into the teeth of the defense stacking the box against the run. Minshew, however was the leading rusher that game, his hot hand poised them in a position to win despite the mediocre play calling; play calling that cost them the game because the coach lacked the chutzpah, and faith in the legend that is MINSHUUUUUVVVVAAAALLL to win his first NFL start. 

Jaguars found a way to win despite the mediocre head coach at the helm. TC ought to consider poising himself in as interim HC, to save the season, and insure the growth of this prodigy is not stunted any further.

Somebody isn't paying attention to ALL that has been happening on the field and what's being said during post game press conferences.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 08:09 AM by iapetus.)

(09-21-2019, 07:23 AM)NH3 Wrote: Somebody isn't paying attention to ALL that has been happening on the field and what's being said during post game press conferences.

NH3...

Reality doesn't match with his position, though. Therefore reality must be wrong.

(09-21-2019, 07:03 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:
(09-20-2019, 11:05 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I want to say something,but i can't right now,i have to save it for my epic video.  all i can say until then is this Jags won beat the titans just be happy we beat the titans.

Hey Snow.. Some people you just gotta give a pass and kinda wait for'm to catch up. It may take a lil while for'm to catch on and comprehend what is clearly the sensible thing to focus on. Winning-

That troll got the BanHammer last year.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

The truth of the matter is this offensive scheme sucks. We won despite the glaring stats that declare the obvious. The HC is being carried by the talent on this team! Instead of using the lead as an opportunity to exploit the occasion by giving opponents a reason not to stack the box and kill our offensive line, he gave them every reason to maintain that status, a status that has had our offense directing 90% of the plays into the teeth of the defense with passes and runs underneath the LB’s instead of the greener pastures over the top of them.

https://youtu.be/MMzd40i8TfA

(09-21-2019, 10:12 AM)Jagsbch Wrote: The truth of the matter is this offensive scheme sucks. We won despite the glaring stats that declare the obvious. The HC is being carried by the talent on this team! Instead of using the lead as an opportunity to exploit the occasion by giving opponents a reason not to stack the box and kill our offensive line, he gave them every reason to maintain that status, a status that has had our offense directing 90% of the plays into the teeth of the defense with passes and runs underneath the LB’s instead of the greener pastures over the top of them.

https://youtu.be/MMzd40i8TfA

[Image: giphy.gif]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-21-2019, 07:03 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote:

She was the victim of small, petty minds.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We all know where this is headed. Can we just nip in in the bud?

Jags passing offense is too efficient.

Must fix.

Huh

(09-21-2019, 10:58 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 07:03 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Hey Snow.. Some people you just gotta give a pass and kinda wait for'm to catch up. It may take a lil while for'm to catch on and comprehend what is clearly the sensible thing to focus on. Winning-

Laughing

"she" was a troll.

There's a handful of posters (a few over the years really) who seemingly get some weird entertainment from being message board weirdos.
The worst trolls on the planet who purposefully argue stupid points, make awful spelling and grammatical errors, spew pure idiocy, simply just to argue on a message board and garner some sort of attention that wasn't given out by mommy and daddy.

It's both laughable and sad. There is a lot of time and thought and energy put into such nonsense. J-Dub was clearly one of these "special" people. She was a victim of her own stupidity if anything.

https://youtu.be/0mj6B4DtNyM

(09-21-2019, 10:58 AM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: We all know where this is headed. Can we just nip in in the bud?

[Image: O3DHIA5.gif]

(09-21-2019, 10:58 AM)rollerjag Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 07:03 AM)fredalwaysajag Wrote: Hey Snow.. Some people you just gotta give a pass and kinda wait for'm to catch up. It may take a lil while for'm to catch on and comprehend what is clearly the sensible thing to focus on. Winning-

[Image: SardonicHardtofindAnglerfish-max-1mb.gif]

(09-21-2019, 11:27 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 10:58 AM)rollerjag Wrote: She was the victim of small, petty minds.

[Image: SardonicHardtofindAnglerfish-max-1mb.gif]

Your refusal to acknowledge your small petty mind only confirms it.