Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taven Bryan taking the next step?

They took Bryan right where he was projected to go. Late 1st - mid 2nd RD grade is what many analysts and draft sites had on him.

The fans, including myself, devalued him off the giddy up because the majority of us on here were hoping for Hernandez at G, Goedert at TE, Jackson at QB or in my case an insurance pick at RB like Michel or Chubb.

Which going into 2018 and post 2018's collapse seemed like it could have been the better choice or paid sooner dividends. All is forgiven though if he keeps collapsing the pocket this year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 05:28 PM by PF*.)

I have some trouble with the "living up to his draft position" way of thinking. Yah, I get it but Bender makes a good point about it getting murky late in the first round. The studs are gone at that point so what do you do?

They knew Malik was a dead man walking and I'm sure that factored into the decision and it seems to be working out. I wanted Hernandez at that point but the FO is smarter than me; same with Smoot the year before as I had Dan Feeney penciled in and was disappointed but, again, maybe the FO knows what it's doing.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Yeah as really he is on his last leg. Malik that is. Just hope he can find a way to redeem himself.
Ready for May Day and May Flowers!

(09-21-2019, 05:18 PM)PF* Wrote: I have some trouble with the "living up to his draft position" way of thinking. Yah, I get it but Bender makes a good point about it getting murky late in the first round. The studs are gone at that point so what do you do?

They knew Malik was a dead man walking and I'm sure that factored into the decision and it seems to be working out. I wanted Hernandez at that point but the FO is smarter than me; same with Smoot the year before as I had Dan Feeney penciled in and was disappointed but, again, maybe the FO knows what it's doing.

I would have liked to see a guard or two at some point, I think we will see that next year's draft in the earlier rou d's especially if norwelldoes not improve he will be gone.

(This post was last modified: 09-22-2019, 10:39 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

We've shown what we can do if we bring pressure and let the DB's play man coverage. They can't block our D-line 1 on 1 someone is going to get through.
No pain, no gain.

Taven has progressed properly within the past two seasons.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Everytime I see Bryan on the field he is making plays. Made a few nice plays today. Got to find a way to get him more snaps.

If he learns to read plays a bit better he'll be good. 

But if you can blow up 5 plays a game maybe you don't need to haha.

(10-20-2019, 07:57 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If he learns to read plays a bit better he'll be good. 

LoL
Imagine if he knew where the football was half of the time. 
He’d be scary. 

Hopefully he gets better at diagnosing plays before flipping the Wyoming Wildman switch.

(10-20-2019, 08:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 07:57 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: If he learns to read plays a bit better he'll be good. 

LoL
Imagine if he knew where the football was half of the time. 
He’d be scary. 

Hopefully he gets better at diagnosing plays before flipping the Wyoming Wildman switch.

Haha. I'm pretty sure I saw at least once he blew through the line and then had to gather himself for a beat and look for the ball.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2019, 10:21 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

He's responsible for causing the interception by Yan today. He got penetration immediately and got in the face of Dalton, causing Dalton to panic and try to dump the ball off too quickly. He also stuffed a run and got into the backfield on another play. Really liked what I saw from him today. Maybe they're putting HGH in his Wheaties.

I mean, it was a screen there is supposed to be penetration immediately. The play happened because Yan said they were all expecting the screen and he just sat back and waited for it.

Taven Bryan had a really good game today against the worst team in the NFL, but the fact remains that he came into the match up without registering a single sack in the previous 3 games. Hopefully, he can build on what he did today, but he's gonna have to be a whole lot more consistent than he has been playing, if he wants to stick around for the long run.

(10-20-2019, 11:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Taven Bryan had a really good game today against the worst team in the NFL, but the fact remains that he came into the match up without registering a single sack in the previous 3 games. Hopefully, he can build on what he did today, but he's gonna have to be a whole lot more consistent than he has been playing, if he wants to stick around for the long run.

He came out a year early.  Generally pass rushers take 3 years.  He's starting to consistently make plays in the backfield against the run.  He's got the movement skills and he's developing

It was nice seeing the D come alive and start feeding off each others' plays.....bungles or not...
got to be ready for the jets and 'horns.
Mush tougher games and this was a confidence builder.
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(10-21-2019, 02:00 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(10-20-2019, 11:02 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Taven Bryan had a really good game today against the worst team in the NFL, but the fact remains that he came into the match up without registering a single sack in the previous 3 games. Hopefully, he can build on what he did today, but he's gonna have to be a whole lot more consistent than he has been playing, if he wants to stick around for the long run.

He came out a year early.  Generally pass rushers take 3 years.  He's starting to consistently make plays in the backfield against the run.  He's got the movement skills and he's developing

Yes, the guy is on a nice trajectory, IMO. So what if he doesn't have a sack in the last three games? I'm seeing 90 blowing into the backfield and being involved. It's strong improvement and if there's another jump, he'll be pretty darn good.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Bell went 9 for 23 and I saw Bryan in the backfield a few times. 

Not too bad I guess?

The kid is improving and making plays.
Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

He is making dariius expendable for sure and that was the objective drafting him. Make the people we cut and are going to cut expendable. Im glad that explosive first step is really showing up this year. I like watching him get off the ball and on one of those sacks for allen or yan he literally man handled bis guy into the QBs lap and the replay got him throwing the dude to the ground like a ragdoll.
[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

(10-27-2019, 09:40 PM)archer56 Wrote: He is making dariius expendable for sure and that was the objective drafting him. Make the people we cut and are going to cut expendable. Im glad that explosive first step is really showing up this year. I like watching him get off the ball and on one of those sacks for allen or yan he literally man handled bis guy into the QBs lap and the replay got him throwing the dude to the ground like a ragdoll.

I don't know if he's just getting lucky on some of those or legitimately tracking the ball better, but when it lines up right for him he looks pretty damn good.