Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Taven Bryan taking the next step?

It is his 2nd year, no way he is a bust, play at least 3 before saying that. He is playing great ball right now.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ngakue was a third rounder and he’s way better than Bryan. Bryan should have gone undrafted IMO.

(10-29-2019, 03:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bryan is continuing to prove he's turned a corner.  If his film study improves and he starts to diagnose offensive formations better, he could become a starter at 3 tech.

I feel good about him as a quality rotational DT right now  -  and I find it humorous that so much of this board had already labeled him a bust just three months ago.
(same goes for Smoot and Chark -  Richardson and Cole are honorable mentions for being written off too)

For a 1st round pick, it still isn't good enough. I hope by the end of the year he is starting and making plays, but until then he is still a bust as a 1st round pick.

He is starting and he's already made a handful of plays over the last 2 weeks. Mission accomplished.

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 12:33 PM by JaguarJosh05.)

Really he was brought in here as interior depth. He isn't a natural edge rusher. To compare him as such is unfair. Anyone watching all of our plays this year can see he isn't the same player as he was at this time last year. He was never finding the ball last year. He's effecting plays this year in the run game and pass game. We've been great against the run lately. That's a big improvement.
No pain, no gain.

Bryan is already much better against the run than Malik Jackson ever was

(10-29-2019, 11:21 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 03:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote: For a 1st round pick, it still isn't good enough. I hope by the end of the year he is starting and making plays, but until then he is still a bust as a 1st round pick.

He is starting and he's already made a handful of plays over the last 2 weeks. Mission accomplished.

Come on, starting because of injury is not a starter

(10-30-2019, 01:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 11:21 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He is starting and he's already made a handful of plays over the last 2 weeks. Mission accomplished.

So you want Dareus to come back in week 17 but Bryan to start over him to validate it? Or Russell to start over him and Bryan overtake him later? 

Really not sure what you're asking for here.

(10-29-2019, 03:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-28-2019, 09:18 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: Bryan is continuing to prove he's turned a corner.  If his film study improves and he starts to diagnose offensive formations better, he could become a starter at 3 tech.

I feel good about him as a quality rotational DT right now  -  and I find it humorous that so much of this board had already labeled him a bust just three months ago.
(same goes for Smoot and Chark -  Richardson and Cole are honorable mentions for being written off too)

For a 1st round pick, it still isn't good enough. I hope by the end of the year he is starting and making plays, but until then he is still a bust as a 1st round pick.

Dude, even when he wasn't starting he was getting into the backfield and making plays. You're still feeling the burn from Alualu. It's ok. Just apply some ointment and watch Bryan play. Once you take the Tyson filter off of your glasses, you'll see that he's actually making a noticeable impact and is far, far from bust territory.

(10-30-2019, 01:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 11:21 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: He is starting and he's already made a handful of plays over the last 2 weeks. Mission accomplished.

so you're saying Minshew is not a starter?

(10-30-2019, 02:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 01:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Come on, starting because of injury is not a starter

So you want Dareus to come back in week 17 but Bryan to start over him to validate it? Or Russell to start over him and Bryan overtake him later? 

Darius is back for the playoffs, if doesn't start then that means he is the new starter.

(10-30-2019, 03:34 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(10-29-2019, 03:35 PM)p_rushing Wrote: For a 1st round pick, it still isn't good enough. I hope by the end of the year he is starting and making plays, but until then he is still a bust as a 1st round pick.

Dude, even when he wasn't starting he was getting into the backfield and making plays. You're still feeling the burn from Alualu. It's ok. Just apply some ointment and watch Bryan play. Once you take the Tyson filter off of your glasses, you'll see that he's actually making a noticeable impact and is far, far from bust territory.

Right now he is playing at a similar level to Alualu. He also has the benefit of having 3 stars playing next to him. No one is concerned about him beating them. They focus on the other 3.

(10-30-2019, 04:16 PM)Mikey Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 01:40 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Come on, starting because of injury is not a starter

so you're saying Minshew is not a starter?

He isn't playing anywhere near where Minshew is playing. There is 0 discussion if Darius should be replaced if he comes back healthy this season.

If he continues to improve this season, he will probably be handed the starting job for next season. They will cut Darius and go with him.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

(10-30-2019, 04:25 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 02:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: So you want Dareus to come back in week 17 but Bryan to start over him to validate it? Or Russell to start over him and Bryan overtake him later? 

Darius is back for the playoffs, if doesn't start then that means he is the new starter.

(10-30-2019, 03:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: Dude, even when he wasn't starting he was getting into the backfield and making plays. You're still feeling the burn from Alualu. It's ok. Just apply some ointment and watch Bryan play. Once you take the Tyson filter off of your glasses, you'll see that he's actually making a noticeable impact and is far, far from bust territory.

Right now he is playing at a similar level to Alualu. He also has the benefit of having 3 stars playing next to him. No one is concerned about him beating them. They focus on the other 3.

(10-30-2019, 04:16 PM)Mikey Wrote: so you're saying Minshew is not a starter?

He isn't playing anywhere near where Minshew is playing. There is 0 discussion if Darius should be replaced if he comes back healthy this season.

If he continues to improve this season, he will probably be handed the starting job for next season. They will cut Darius and go with him.

Extremely inconsistent argument.

(10-30-2019, 04:25 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 02:55 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote: So you want Dareus to come back in week 17 but Bryan to start over him to validate it? Or Russell to start over him and Bryan overtake him later? 

(10-30-2019, 03:34 PM)TJBender Wrote: Dude, even when he wasn't starting he was getting into the backfield and making plays. You're still feeling the burn from Alualu. It's ok. Just apply some ointment and watch Bryan play. Once you take the Tyson filter off of your glasses, you'll see that he's actually making a noticeable impact and is far, far from bust territory.

(10-30-2019, 04:16 PM)Mikey Wrote: so you're saying Minshew is not a starter?

Honestly it sounds like you are one of those people that refuse to admit they are wrong. Even about the most trivial things.

He has to start: He is starting
He has to earn it, Dareus got hurt: What about Minshew?
He isn’t playing as well as Minshew: OK, on track for next year!
Nope, they will just hand it to him: ...

Already preparing to hate on him. Just sad man.

pff has him as our highest rated lineman behind Campbell. The good thing is hes putting pressure up the middle and hes good against the run

(This post was last modified: 10-30-2019, 10:19 PM by jaglyn.)

Every swing can't all be homeruns

Sometimes you gotta make do with what you have, and as long as the arrow is pointing up and he is not a liability, it's ok. When you get another chance to get a better player to upgrade that position, then you replace him, simple as that

(10-30-2019, 07:37 PM)rufftime Wrote:
(10-30-2019, 04:25 PM)p_rushing Wrote: Darius is back for the playoffs, if doesn't start then that means he is the new starter.

Honestly it sounds like you are one of those people that refuse to admit they are wrong. Even about the most trivial things.

He has to start: He is starting
He has to earn it, Dareus got hurt: What about Minshew?
He isn’t playing as well as Minshew: OK, on track for next year!
Nope, they will just hand it to him: ...

Already preparing to hate on him. Just sad man.
I don't hate him or have any bias. He is a 1st round pick halfway through his 2nd season. He wasn't starting until an injury happened, so he was getting limited snaps and not doing much. Those games were against better teams. In 2 starts against terrible teams, he has played well.

He is a 1st round pick, it is expected that he should play well against bad teams. He is moving out of bust territory, but he needs to continue his good play. You don't draft rotational depth in the 1st round, you have to have starters to be successful.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

All totaled, Bryan has played 33% of the defensive snaps at 3 tech DT this season.

In that span he has 14 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 tckl assists, 1 sack, 6 QB hits, 10 pressures.
He's getting pressure on 6% of his snaps right now. I'd like to see that increase a bit and I think it will.
For reference, Campbell has played nearly three times the snaps as Bryan but has a pressure rate .8% lower than Bryan's.

The only game Bryan played over 50% of the snaps was vs jets.

He's coming along at a good pace for a guy we knew was a project.

(10-31-2019, 06:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: All totaled, Bryan has played 33% of the defensive snaps at 3 tech DT this season.

In that span he has 14 tackles, 1 TFL, 4 tckl assists, 1 sack, 6 QB hits, 10 pressures.
He's getting pressure on 6% of his snaps right now. I'd like to see that increase a bit and I think it will.
For reference, Campbell has played nearly three times the snaps as Bryan but has a pressure rate .8% lower than Bryan's.

If he's getting pressure on 6% of his snaps, how many of those were passing plays?  Does that stat exclude running plays?

(10-31-2019, 07:32 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(10-31-2019, 06:48 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: All totaled, Bryan has played 33% of the defensive snaps at 3 tech DT this season.

If he's getting pressure on 6% of his snaps, how many of those were passing plays?  Does that stat exclude running plays?
Total snaps - runs included

cut Campbell and insert a Taven Bryan that has taken another step next year