Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Baltimore Ravens offered first and second round picks, TE Hayden Hurst

Jalen Ramsey trade: Baltimore Ravens offered first and second round picks, TE Hayden Hurst to Jacksonville Jaguars

The Jacksonville Jaguars reportedly turned down a trade offer from the Baltimore Ravens for All-Pro cornerback Jalen Ramsey that included a first round pick, a second round pick, and tight end Hayden Hurst, according to Gene Frenette of the Florida Times-Union.

https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2019/9/21/...pN4JR4OnWI
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They’re not set serious about trading him then I’d take that deal
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2019, 01:13 PM by fredalwaysajag.)

I thought about Hurst too, in a deal for Ramsey (after Steve Smith hinted at a team in the AFC , not far from Jacksonville. To the north)-

(09-21-2019, 01:07 PM)EricC85 Wrote: They’re not set serious about trading him then I’d take that deal

What do you mean?
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Wow

I might've taken that, to be honest. But maybe they felt that, in drafting Oliver earlier in teh offseason they wanted to see what they could get out of him first

(09-21-2019, 01:07 PM)EricC85 Wrote: They’re not set serious about trading him then I’d take that deal

If the ravens stay on course those picks could end up being late picks in each of those rounds. 

I’m not so sure picks 26 and 58 plus an unproven TE are enough.

(09-21-2019, 01:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

If the ravens stay in course those picks could end up being late picks in each of those rounds. 

You're probably right about the picks. I guess Caldwell's being really careful about this whole deal. Which is good. No need to rush into a trade just to make it happen

(09-21-2019, 01:17 PM)Nikowho Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: If the ravens stay in course those picks could end up being late picks in each of those rounds. 

You're probably right about the picks. I guess Caldwell's being really careful about this whole deal. Which is good. No need to rush into a trade just to make it happen

Word sun. But the key thing there, i think would be those 2 picks being 2020, instead of a 2020 1st rounder and a 2021 1st rounder (both probably late 1st's)
You Gotta Be Able To Run Da' Rock~

Yeah not enough compensation 
If they added next years 1st as well, then maaaaaybe I’d take it

Honestly, it may not be sexy but I get the feeling that we may not see anything happen until nearer towards the trade deadline. The closer we get to that, the more the league rankings will start taking, and the more some teams will think they just need that one piece to really upgrade their playoff/superbowl chances. I don't mind teh idea of Caldwell hanging onto Ramsey in the meantime. Ramsey's still an integral part of this team. There's no need to trade him they don't have to. Maybe they can convince him these next few weeks that he'd be happy with Jacksonville. I'm still trying to have hope for that, as naive as it is

That deal is trash. Isn’t Hurst like 26 now?

He will stay in Jacksonville...

Has anyone from the Front Office even mentioned that Ramsey is on the market? Do we have a quote or a link or anything at all that validates this other than "Ramsey said trade me and other teams are making some inquiries?"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-21-2019, 01:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Has anyone from the Front Office even mentioned that Ramsey is on the market? Do we have a quote or a link or anything at all that validates this other than "Ramsey said trade me and other teams are making some inquiries?"

The usual suspects of NFL rumors like Rapaport and Schefter have all been reporting that 20 plus teams have reached out to the jags about  Ramsey. Including at least 4 “serious offers.”

(09-21-2019, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Has anyone from the Front Office even mentioned that Ramsey is on the market? Do we have a quote or a link or anything at all that validates this other than "Ramsey said trade me and other teams are making some inquiries?"

The usual suspects of NFL rumors like Rapaport and Schefter have all been reporting that 20 plus teams have reached out to the jags about  Ramsey. Including at least 4 “serious offers.”

So it's really Ramsey and outsiders, nothing from the team that says he's available then. Still sounds like a big nothingburger.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-21-2019, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The usual suspects of NFL rumors like Rapaport and Schefter have all been reporting that 20 plus teams have reached out to the jags about  Ramsey. Including at least 4 “serious offers.”

So it's really Ramsey and outsiders, nothing from the team that says he's available then. Still sounds like a big nothingburger.

Maybe. It sure sounds like they are “entertaining” these offers though. I think they’d ship him off for two firsts and a solid player.

(09-21-2019, 01:30 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: That deal is trash. Isn’t Hurst like 26 now?

Yeah, but he was drafted at 25. Part of the reason I was less enamored with him as a long-term prospect than most here.

(09-21-2019, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

(09-21-2019, 01:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(09-21-2019, 01:42 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: The usual suspects of NFL rumors like Rapaport and Schefter have all been reporting that 20 plus teams have reached out to the jags about  Ramsey. Including at least 4 “serious offers.”

It's all national media. They keep showing they have no clue what happens in Jacksonville. 1st he wasn't going to play, then traded Friday, then he was playing, etc. They are not getting any info from the Jaguars unless the Jaguars wanted them to have the info.

The local media had no info, but they also didn't understand why Ramsey was doing this. The local media don't understand what Ramsey is about.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

No thank you..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

That deal is trash. A mid 20s or worse first rounder, and Hurst hasn't done much. His stats are terrible and he can't beat out Andrews

(09-21-2019, 01:15 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

If the ravens stay on course those picks could end up being late picks in each of those rounds. 

Good point I didn’t consider where those picks would likely end up, in that case good for Caldwell holding out for a better offer.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]